Because that’s not how I would describe it.
听听听听
And here we go.
我们无法提供更多补偿了
We’re not prepared to offer more than what’s on the table.
不 我就知道会有讨价还价
No, no, I-I knew there would be dickering,
我们就来听听你期待的数目
so let’s — let’s just hear the number you’re looking for
这样大家都能继续正常生活
so we can all move forward with our lives.
我们也是这样想的
We’d like nothing more.
你要多少
What amount are you asking?
四百万美元
$4 million.
四百万美元 真好笑
$4 million. Very funny.
真好笑
Very funny.
阿克先生想要四百万美元
Mr. Acker would like to be paid $4 million
抚慰他的痛苦
for his pain and suffering.
这很公平
It’s what’s fair.
你知不知道自己在说什么
What in the world are you talking about?
四后面跟着六个零
It’s a four with six zeroes,
前面还有个美元符号♥
and it’s preceded by a dollar sign.
我们说好了的
We had an agreement.
我们只是讨论过
We had a discussion.
我们口头达成了协议
We had a verbal agreement
一个两方都满意的数目
on a number that both sides would be happy with.
我跟我的委托人谈了你们的提议
And I discussed the offer with my client,
他真的真的不想离开他的房♥子
and he really, really doesn’t want to leave his house,
他的家
his home.
只有四百万这个数目能让他满意
$4 million is the only number he’ll be happy with.
我道歉
I apologize.
我们这次会议恐怕得中止了
We need to end this meeting now
好让里奇和我
so Rich and I can have a conversation
跟古德曼先生交涉一下
with Mr…Goodman.
真是…勇气可嘉
Just… incredible nerve.
荒唐
Ridiculous.
你到底想干什么
What’s your endgame here?
因为你知道你永远拿不到那笔钱
Because you know you’re never gonna get that money.
等等 别走
Wait. Wait. Don’t leave.
你不准再浪费他们的时间了
You’re not wasting any more of their time.
不 我…
No, I —
-凯文 散会了 -大家都在就不算散会
– Kevin, u202dmeeting’s over. – Not while the gang’s all here.
我要提一件完全无关的事
I would love to bring up a completely unrelated matter.
凯文 我们能处理
Kevin, we can handle this.
不 这真的很不错
No. This is really good.
你们肯定会想看的
You’re gonna want to see this.
凯文 你肯定想留下来 其中涉及到你♥爸♥
Kevin, you wanna stick around. Your dad’s in this.
-什么 -凯文 听我的
– What? – Kevin, I insist.
这就是在浪费你的时间
This is a waste of your time.
只有一种办法能知道是不是浪费时间
There’s only one way to find out.
凯文 我劝你快走
Kevin, I’m advising you to please just keep walking.
不 我要看
No. I wanna see this.
薇奥拉 麻烦你拉一下窗帘好吗
Viola, you mind getting the shades?
薇奥拉 麻烦拉一下
Viola, shades, please.
开始吧
Here we go.
新墨西哥州大学媒体实验室
“梅萨维德宣传片”
导演 索尔·古德曼
我是沃弛泰尔
I’m Don Wachtell
梅萨维德在隐瞒什么
梅萨维德的总裁
President of Mesa Verde.
我的银行仅凭一个小小的细则就夺走了我的家
My bank took my home over a technicality,
可我从未错过任何一次分期付款
and I never missed a single payment.
实在太没道理了 这不是自♥由♥的美国
It’s not right. It’s un-American.
是的
Yup!
大家好 我是索尔·古德曼
Hi. I’m Saul Goodman.
您和您的家人
Have you or a family member
是否被梅萨维德银行卑鄙地赶出了家门
been wrongfully evicted from your home by Mesa Verde?
卑鄙地赶走
那您可能有资格获得巨额和解金
Then you may be entitled to a large cash settlement.
今天就拨♥打♥505-503-4455
Call 505-503-4455 today!
-你开玩笑吗 -一派胡言
– Are you kidding me? – u202dNone of that is true.
-纯属诽谤 -毁人清誉
– It’s libel. – u202dIt’s defamation!
你居然取笑我的父亲
That’s my father you’re making a fool of.
吉米 快关掉 你不能这样
Jimmy, turn it off. You know you can’t do this.
-好东西来了 -我是沃弛泰尔
– u202dThis is a good one. – I’m Don Wachtell.
我去我的银行取钱
I went into my bank to withdraw cash for groceries,
出来之后就起了疹子
and I came out with a rash.
好痒啊
I-I can’t stop itchin’.
-到处都是 -是的
– It’s everywhere. – Yup!
大家好 我是索尔·古德曼
Hi. I’m Saul Goodman.
您或您的家人是否去过梅萨维德银行
Did you or a family member visit a Mesa Verde branch
然后就霉菌感染了呢
and come into contact with black mold?
那您可能有资格获得巨额和解金
Then you may be entitled to a large cash settlement.
你不可能合法地播出这玩意儿
There’s no way in hell you can legally run these.
-今天就拨♥打♥505-503-4455 -也许吧
– Call 505-503-4455 today! – Mm. Maybe.
等这些片子在新墨西哥 亚利桑那
But, you know, we’ll fight it out after they run
犹他播出后 我们再说
in New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Tex–
不不不 我们会想办法阻止的
No, no, no, we will stop it before it ever gets that far.
有人叫这”事前限制”
Some might call that prior restraint.
你知道吗 你可以阻止我们
You know what? You can stop us.
但有些新闻台会拿过去
Some news outlet will pick it up.
免费播出
They’ll run for free.
我去我的银行 想打开保险箱
I went into my bank to open my safety deposit box,
但这位先生正光屁♥股♥站在那里
and Mr. was standing there with his pants down!
-一览无余 -是的
– Bare genitals. – Yup!
我父亲从未做过这种事
My dad never, ever did anything like that.
这些都是假的 你可真会编啊
None of this is true. This is all fantasy.
我不管
It doesn’t matter.
这玩意儿要是播了 我们就会名誉扫地
This trash airs, our reputation is in the toilet.
绝对不会播出去的
It’ll never, ever get that far.
我是沃弛泰尔
I’m Don Wachtell.
梅萨维德在隐瞒什么
银行经理无法解释
The bank manager couldn’t explain
所有的额外费用都去哪里了
where all the extra fees were going,
所以我查了钱的流向
so I followed the money trail.
证据充分
The evidence was as clear as day.
我的银行在资助恐♥怖♥主♥义♥
My bank was funding terrorism.
-停 停 -大家好 我是索尔·古德曼
– Stop. Stop it! – Hi. I’m Saul Goodman.
这破东西我看够了 天啊
I’ve seen enough of this horseshit. Jesus.
担心您在梅萨维德的存款
Worried your Mesa Verde savings…
-被用于资助美国的… -还有很多呢
– …are being used to help America’s — – There’s lots more.
这一份就留给你们慢慢看吧
You know what? I can leave you this one
我还有好多拷贝呢
because I’ve got plenty of copies.
你想得到什么好处
What do you hope to gain with all this?
我们同意付阿克四百万的天价
We agree to Acker’s ridiculous demands
你就不播出了吗
and you don’t run this garbage?
这样做是非法的
It’s illegal to do that.
律师不能用一个案子要挟另一个案子
No lawyer can play one case off another.
这不道德 这是敲诈
It is unethical, and it is blackmail.
她说的没错
She’s right.
这两个案子什么关系也没有
One has absolutely nothing to do with the other,
于是我要说下一个话题
which leads me to my next topic.
这位是奥利维亚·比特苏
This is Olivia Bitsui.
摄影师
She’s a photographer.
这照片就是她自己拍的
In fact, u202dshe took this self-portrait.
很好看
It’s really lovely.
这是她五十四年前拍的一张照片
Here’s another picture she took 54 years ago.
凯文 什么也不要说
Kevin, say nothing.
-不 金 我可以 -凯文 我强烈建议你
– No, Kim, I got this — – Kevin, u202dI’m strongly advising you —
-我认得这幅照片 -凯文
– I know this picture. – u202dKevin!
是我父亲光明正大买♥♥回来的
My dad bought it fair and square.
我家里办公室墙上也挂着一幅
I have a copy of it hanging in my office at home.
我们都听到沃弛泰尔先生承认了
I think we all just heard Mr. Wachtell admit
他有奥利维亚·比特苏照片的一份副本
that he owns a copy of Olivia Bitsui’s photo,
而这张照片看起来非常像
a photo that looks remarkably like
梅萨维德的标志
the official Mesa Verde logo.
没错 我们买♥♥了版权
That’s right. We own it!
你只买♥♥了一份副本