Going down that road could take years.
他们知道这会拖着梅萨维德银行
They know this is costing Mesa Verde.
他们有的是时间
Time is on their side.
这点没错
You got that right.
里奇 你有什么要补充的吗
Rich, do you have anything to add?
有
Possibly.
如果有个方法避开这个问题呢
What if there were a way to turn this around on them?
如果你不建客服中心呢
What if you don’t build the call center?
或至少不在那个地点
Or not at that location, at least.
这样瞬间你就占优势了
Suddenly you’re holding all the cards.
也不会延迟工期
There’s nothing to delay.
对方正大把花着钱
The other side’s the one spending money
还根本收不回来
with no hope of recovering their expenses.
等等 那么
Wait. So…
什么意思
What?
我知道还有个可选的地址
I understand there’s a viable alternative site.
你换个地址建 就赢了
You make the switch, and you’ve won.
等等 等等
Wait. Hold up.
另一个地址不是已经放弃了吗
Didn’t we let the other site go?
2375号♥还可以用
Lot 2375 is available,
我们的许可还适用
and our permits still apply.
我们仍能达成目标
We’d still hit our target
建成客服中心并投入运营
for getting the call center up and running.
我们替你算了下相关费用
We took the liberty of running the numbers for you.
经济损失几乎微不足道
The financial hit would be negligible.
我爸可不是让我当逃兵的
My dad did not raise me to run from a fight.
凯文 我们不是
Kevin, we’re not saying —
我才不会让一个潦倒落魄的卑鄙小人
I’m not gonna roll over and let some low-life shyster
逼我离开自己的土地
bully me off my land.
无意冒犯 金
No offense, Kim.
他只有一个律师
He’s got one lawyer.
我有一屋子最顶尖的律师
I got a room fulla the best there is.
我们接下去这么做
Here’s what we’re gonna do —
你们找到方法把他们赶出我的地
you’re gonna figure out a way to get them off my property.
客服中心就要建在原来的位置 一点不能动
That call center’s not movin’ one goddamn inch!
你也尽力了
You gave it your best shot.
-是吗 -是啊
– Yeah? – Yeah.
你为那个老混♥蛋♥付出这么多
You went the distance for the old S.O.B.,
鞠躬尽瘁了都
above and beyond.
你应该为此自豪
You should feel good about that.
是吗
You think so?
你给阿克的 远比他应得的多
You gave Acker more than he deserved.
而且现实点
And, uh, let’s be real.
让我来掺和 不是好主意
Putting me on this — that was bad.
如果有人发现的话…
I mean, if anyone found out…
你为这人冒了这么多险
You risked a lot for this guy.
听着 下周这时候
Look, this time next week,
阿克就已经住在别处了
Acker will be living somewhere else.
真的有那么重要吗
Is that really such a big deal?
另外 梅萨维德
Plus, Mesa Verde —
才是你的金主
that’s your bread and butter.
你别再逼他们了
You can only push ’em so far.
总有别的办法
There’s always another play.
但眼下理性的做法是达成协议
But the rational thing to do here is close the deal,
给那个人一笔钱
get the guy a few bucks,
然后跟其他赢家开香槟庆祝
pop the champagne with the other winners,
挂上职业假笑
and smile like you mean it.
你喝啤酒吗 我要喝一瓶
You want a beer? I’m gonna get one.
或者…
Or…?
吉米
Jimmy.
完完全全没必要再继续下去了
There’s no reason on God’s green Earth to take this any further.
不值得
It’s not worth it.
或者…
Or…?
或者…
Or…
我们想办法对付凯文·沃弛泰尔
we go after Kevin Wachtell.
会闹得很难看
It gets nasty.
变成个人恩怨
It gets personal.
会很危险
It gets dangerous.
好
Okay.
好
Okay.
喂
Yeah?
是我
It’s me.
嗯
Yes, it is.
太好了
Great.
我有个活儿给你做
Uh, listen, u202dI got something for you.
你听好了 因为这活儿好得很
Hear me out because this is a good thing.
抱歉
I’m sorry.
你那边杂音太重 听不清
I’m ge– I’m getting some kind of reverb or something.
你是在隧♥道♥里还是…
Are you in a tunnel or…
对
Yes.
你说啥
What’s that?
对 我在隧♥道♥里
Yes, I’m in a tunnel.
好
Okay.
没事 这跟上次那活儿不一样
Anyway, uh, this is not like that other thing, okay?
这次是调查对手的正规活儿
Um, straight piece of oppo research.
律师雇佣私♥家♥侦♥探♥
This is a lawyer hirin’ a P.I.
你觉得怎么样
What do you say?
所以你又做回律师了
So you’re back to being a lawyer?
对 对 完全合法
Yeah. Yeah. Totally legit.
还有 这活儿是有偿的
So, uh, did I mention it’s a paying gig?
我没空
I’m not available.
你说什么
Say again?
不
No.
夫人
Señora.
还好吗
Ta bien?
好 好
Good. Good.
非常好
Uh, muy bueno.
谢谢
Thank you.
天啊
Aw, man.
别着急
你不必麻烦的
别逞强
没事的
It’s okay.
我很好
I’m fine.
谢谢
Thank you.
你在哪儿找的这个人
You got this guy where?
跟休一样
Same place as Huell.
那种地下小广♥告♥之类的吗
So, it’s like some kind of underground Craigslist?
就是一个人脉广的人
It’s just a guy who knows people.
同类人
People of a certain type.
他非常谨慎
He’s very discreet.
他必须谨慎
Well, he’d have to be.
来了
Uh, here goes.
会顺利的
Um, it’ll be fine.
瞧好了
Just watch.
日间美容美甲
我还以为我要去的是间律所
I thought I was going to a law office.
对 这就是律所
Yeah, this is a law office.
懂了
Gotcha.
吉赛尔 这位是X先生
Giselle, um, this is Mister X.
是我的工作用名
It’s my work name.
这些玩意身上全是寄生虫
You know, those things are full of parasites.
多谢提醒
Yeah, duly noted.
会议室在后面
The conference room is in back.
-对 -好的
– Yeah. – Yeah.
我按要求做了全面调查
I did the full work-up, as tasked.
结果呢
And?
啥都没有
Snake eyes. Bupkis. Nada.
这家伙毫无问题
Guy’s squeaky clean.
那不可能
That’s impossible.
谁都有点小把柄
I mean, everybody’s got something.
这个没有
Not this time.
他就是个有六位数收入的根正苗红的人