But you can call me “Lalo.”
你是古斯塔沃·弗林
And you’re Gustavo Fring.
我仰慕你好几年了
I have been an admirer of yours for many years.
你有多少家这样的餐厅
You have how many of these restaurants?
-七家 -七家
– Seven. – u202dSeven.
白手起家
And starting from nothing.
太了不起了
That’s incredible.
有什么需要我帮忙的吗
What may I do for you?
我是代表整个家族来的
I come here u202don behalf of my entire family
向你表达最诚挚的感谢
to give you our deepest thanks.
为什么感谢我
Well, for what?
为什么
For what?
因为你救了赫克托的命
For saving Don Hector’s life.
我刚刚拜访过他
I just visited him.
看见那样的一个人
You know, seeing a man like that,
不能说话 几乎不能动
can’t speak, can barely move,
我想哭
I wanted to weep.
但情况本来可能会更糟
But it could have been worse.
瓦尔加告诉我
Varga tells me
当其他人都在忙着自保
that while everybody else was picking their asses,
你却冲向他 拍击他的胸部
you rushed to him, struck him on the chest,
把他救了回来
and brought him back.
这就是本能
It was simple instinct.
但是介于你们之间的过去
But still, with all the history between you two,
你这是表示了和平的意愿
what you did was a gesture of peace.
至少这是我们的看法
Or at least, that’s how we see it.
我很高兴听到这个
I’m very pleased to hear that.
瞧瞧我们 相处融洽
And here we are, getting along.
你是否想过埃拉迪奥先生可能是个精明的混♥蛋♥
也许他希望我们结下仇恨
他坐在泳池旁晒太阳 发号♥施令
而你的卡车运着货物 塞拉曼加则维持秩序
我没觉得有什么仇恨啊
真的吗
Really?
不过如果我们相处过于融洽
Still, if we were to get along too well,
埃拉迪奥肯定不会喜欢 对吗
I’m sure Eladio u202dwouldn’t like that, would he?
我对于现在的安排很满意
I am satisfied u202dwith the current arrangement.
我跟你扯淡呢
I’m just shitting you.
你要反抗埃拉迪奥就是疯了
You would be crazy to go up against Eladio.
听着 我会待一段时间
Look, I’m gonna be in town for a while,
以后再聊
so, uh, you know, we’ll talk some more.
我们欠你的
We owe you.
如果你需要帮忙 就来找我
If you need a favor, I’m your man.
我也一样
Same.
当然
Naturally.
我会再回来吃鸡的
Oh, and I’ll be back for that chicken, eh?
实在美味至极
It’s too tasty to stay away from.
你说你一周拿六块
You say you pick up six keys a week?
是的
Yeah.
哪里
Where?
他在城外有一个养鸡场
He’s got a chicken farm way out of town.
带我去
Show me.
麦吉尔先生 可以见你了
Mr. McGill, u202dwe’re ready for you now.
太好了
u202dGreat.
看起来你已经完成了
And it looks like you’ve completed
诉前转移项目
the Pre-Prosecution Diversion Program?
没错 三周半之前
That’s right, three and a half weeks ago.
事实上
Actually, I believe,
如果你浏览补充材料
if you look at u202dthe supplemental materials,
会有一封我监督人布拉德·马卡姆的信
there’s a letter from my supervisor, Brad Markham.
好的
Good.
他说他对你的付出印象深刻
He says he was impressed with your commitment.
去年大部分时间
And for most of last year,
你受雇于CC通讯
you’ve been employed at CC Mobile?
是个手♥机♥店
It’s a cellphone store.
而且 还有一封信
And, again, there’s a letter
来自我的经理 罗伯特·芬恩先生
from my manager, Mr. Robert Finn.
也在补充材料里
Uh, it’s also in u202dthe supplemental materials.
信上说你连续三个月
Says here you were part of something
都获得白银圈奖
called the Silver Circle three months in a row?
这是一个销♥售♥奖
It’s a sales award.
芬恩先生和CC通讯的人都特别的慷慨
Mr. Finn u202dand the people at CC Mobile have been very generous.
你不用卖♥♥很多手♥机♥
You don’t have to sell many phones
就可以拿奖 相信我
to get in the Silver, believe me.
什么促使你选择了这个特定领域
What made you choose that particular field?
实话说 生活所迫
Honestly, just, uh, to put bread on the table.
但是它让我重新认识了客户关系
But I would say it’s given me a new outlook on client relations.
我的意思是 在处理过手♥机♥合约之后
I mean, after dealing with cellphone contracts,
向客户解释法规应该十分容易
explaining statutes to my clients should be a cakewalk.
俗话说
Well, as the saying goes,
法律不断在变化
the law is constantly changing.
你是否一直在
Have you been keeping yourself, uh,
了解法规最新动态
apprised of the latest developments?
我一直在读律师期刊
I’ve been reading the Bar Journal.
最近引起我注意的是克劳福德诉华盛顿州一案
You know, what caught my eye recently was Crawford v. Washington.
你们有人关注那个吗
Any of you follow that?
和单方面审查的可接受性有关
That has to do with the admissibility of ex parte examinations?
那是一个最高法♥院♥的案子 不是吗
That was a-a Supreme Court case, wasn’t it?
没错 怎么说的来着
That’s right. How did it go?
“唯一能够满足
“The only indicium of reliability
“宪法要求的可靠性标准
sufficient to satisfy constitutional demands
“就是宪法本身规定的
is the one the Constitution actually prescribes —
“对质条款”
confrontation.”
经典的斯卡利亚式判决
It’s classic Scalia.
我不禁想到受害者
I can’t help but think about victims
被迫在公开法庭上和袭击者对质
forced to confront u202dtheir assailants in open court,
但另一方面
but on the other hand,
第六修正案相当有力
the Sixth Amendment is pretty controlling.
对不起
I’m sorry.
看我 都开始讨论宪法问题了
I just — I get rolling on constitutional questions.
简而言之 我一直在尽我最大的努力
Short answer, u202dI’ve been doing my level best.
麦吉尔先生 关于你当初被停职的原因
Well, Mr. McGill, is there anything you’d like to tell us
你有什么想告诉我们的吗
about the reasons you were suspended in the first place?
过去的一年里
This past year,
这是我心中唯一在意的事
that’s pretty much been the only thing on my mind.
我为我完全愚蠢的行为感到羞耻
And I’m humbled by the sheer stupidity of my actions.
悔恨都不足以形容
Remorse doesn’t begin to cover it.
我不会找借口
I’m not gonna make excuses
因为我所做的事没有任何借口
’cause there’s no excuse for what I did.
但是当我坐在这里时
But as I sit here,
我可以向你保证那样的事情以后再也不会发生
I can assure you nothing like that will ever happen again.
绝对不会
Never.
好的
Well, all right.
似乎很令人满意
That would seem to be satisfactory.
梅格 有什么想说的吗
Meg, you have something?
麦吉尔先生 法律对你来说意味着什么
Mr. McGill, u202dwhat does the law mean to you?
法律
The law?
行 好的
Uh, yeah. Okay.
从小到大
Listen, growing up,
都没想过要成为律师
becoming a lawyer was, uh, the last thing on my mind.
即使我想 我也没有脑子或是
Even if I wanted to, I didn’t have the smarts
本事或是毅力去做
or the skills or the “Stick-to-it”-ivness.
但我碰巧和一些律师一起工作
But I happened to get a job with some attorneys,
我不禁思考 也许我可以做到
and I couldn’t help but think, “Maybe I could do that?”
体内的一股能量让我跃跃欲试
Something inside me made me want to try.
我的文凭上写着
Now, listen, my diploma says
“美属萨摩亚大学法学院”
the “University of American Samoa Law School,”
正如它听上去的那样
and that’s exactly what it sounds like.
是一所函授学校
That’s a correspondence school.
我希望它是”乔治城大学”或者”西北大学”
I wish it said “Georgetown” or “Northwestern.”
但美属萨摩亚大学是唯一一所肯录取我的学校
But UAS — that’s the only one that would take me.
我跟你们说 我并非天生干这行的
‘Cause let me tell you, I wasn’t a natural.
课程 学习
I mean, the classes, the studying,