So, we get him smelling like a distillery,
然后在庭审上激怒他
and we piss him off in court.
他肯定会上钩
Now — Now, he will take the bait.
他会在法官面前失去理智
He will lose his cool in front of the judge,
为了戏剧效果可能还摔倒啥的
a little stumble in there just for dramatic effect,
为了做到这点我已经有点思路了
and I have some thoughts on how to engineer that,
大概意思就是这样
but you get the gist.
轻轻松松就能结案了
Next thing you know, case dismissed.
薇奥拉 你能不能给我一下
Viola, can you get me case material
刑法34-22章22至27条的案例资料
for penal code 34-22, sections 22 to 27?
是的 袭♥警♥
Yeah. Battery on a PO.
谢谢
Thanks.
很好 我们第一步干什么
Great. u202dUh, what’s our first move?
我不能把警♥察♥拉下马
I’m not tearing down a cop.
那也行 你看怎么办
That’s okay. You tell me.
我会查一下
I will look into this.
不能保证结果
Not making any promises,
如果真像你说的那么糟
but if it is as bad as you say it is —
我不知道 可能我能帮上忙
I don’t know — maybe there is something I could do.
可能
Maybe.
谢谢你 金
Thanks, Kim.
我真的很感激
Listen. I really appreciate it.
好吧
Okay.
如果有什么要做的跟我说
And, um, tell me u202dif there’s anything I can do.

Yep.
不好意思 吉米
Oh, excuse me, Jimmy.
薇奥拉 你能不能
Viola, can you just…
谢谢
Thank you.
我有
I got it.
希望这不算贿赂
Hope that wasn’t a bribe.
这要是贿赂 那也太可怜了
That would be one sad bribe.
那是你没看到我的薪水
Not on my salary.
有时间讨论个案子吗
Do you have a minute to discuss a case?
好吧 我还有两分钟
Sure. I got two minutes.
我想你们对这个案子有些太过了
I can’t help but think you guys are reaching with this one.
我好像在哪儿听过
Where have I heard that before?
巴布诺
Babineaux.
巴布诺 真的吗
Babineaux? Really?
他可不像是你的委托人
Doesn’t seem like your kind of client.
那可不见得
I disagree.
首先 整件事就是一个误会
To start with, the whole thing was just a misunderstanding.
一个有前科的扒手光天化日之下袭♥警♥
Pickpocket with a rap sheet attacks a cop in broad daylight?
这是误会
That’s a misunderstanding?
我不认为这是袭击
I would not call it an attack.
实际上 顶多算轻罪
Realistically, we should be talking misdemeanor.
这是袭♥警♥
It’s battery on a PO.
要十八个月刑期 外加一年…
That’s 18 months, plus a year —
劳役 我知道你的要求
Of bitch time. u202dI know what you’re asking for.
但这有点过了
It’s excessive.
他有前科
He has a prior.
这位警官之前就逮捕过他 在三年…
The same officer arrested him three years —
三年前 但巴布诺当时没有认出他
Three years ago, but Babineaux didn’t recognize him.
他甚至不知道他是警♥察♥
He — He didn’t even know he was a cop.
这位警官开着普通的车 穿着便衣
The guy drove an unmarked car. He was in plain clothes.
还背着身
He — He had his back turned.
抱歉 我不相信
I’m sorry. I don’t buy it.
苏姗娜 我查过了
Suzanne, I did my homework.
你还有其他五个案子
You have five other cases where civilians were accused
也都是指控平民攻击警♥察♥
of physical force against police officers,
但没有一个被告
and not once u202dwere the defendants given anything
被判这样的刑罚
close u202dto this kind of jail time.
他们没有前科
They weren’t repeat offenders.
州诉墨菲案
State v. Murphy.
丹尼尔·墨菲是个流浪汉 他没吃药…
Daniel Murphy was homeless. He was off his meds —
给了一名警♥察♥一记头槌
He head-butted a police officer.
致使警♥察♥脑震荡
He gave him a concussion.
五个月 缓期执行
Five months, suspended.
州诉卡普案 五个月 缓期执行
State v. Karp — five months, suspended.
-你拿那些跟这起比 -州诉布雷佐维奇案
– You’re not seriously comparing — – State v. Brezovich —
没有判刑 只有两个月缓刑
no jail time, two months probation.
这些人都没有前科
No priors.
布雷佐维奇打断了一位警官的鼻子
Brezovich broke a cop’s nose.
这根本是司法不公
This is unequal justice.
这个案子里 这位警官毫发无伤
In this case, the officer was not injured at all.
他只是被一袋三明治打了一下
He was hit u202dwith a bag of sandwiches.
你怎么能让巴布诺蹲十八个月监狱
How can you justify u202dgiving Babineaux 18 months?
外加一年劳役
Plus a year.
他没有暴♥力♥史
He has no history of violence.
这事没得商量了 金
There is no negotiation here, Kim.
而且说实话 我不明白
And honestly, u202dI don’t understand why you want
你为什么要掺和这件事
anything to do with this.
一边是
On one side,
一位荣誉警官在执行公务
I’ve got a decorated police officer doing his job.
另一边是一个把他打翻在地的
On the other, you have a professional thief
职业扒手
who threw him to the ground.
而唯一的目击证人 是一个被吊销执照
And their only witness is a scumbag, disbarred lawyer
向不法之徒兜售一次性手♥机♥的人♥渣♥律师
who peddles drop phones to criminals.
你根本不明原委
You don’t know the whole story.
我想跟你面谈
I’d rather talk to you in person.
你在家吗
Are you at home?
好吧
O-Okay.
有什么合适的地方能见面吗
Is there a good place to meet you?
太好了 我一个小时之内到
Great. I can be there within an hour.
好的 巴布诺先生
All right, Mr. Babineaux.
好 休
Sure. Huell.
等我 我这就来
Just sit tight. I’m on my way.
我现在要去找他谈谈
I’m gonna go talk to him right now.
需要你的支持
I need you to back my play.
你的意思是我想的那样吗
Does that mean what I think it means?
我跟他谈完之后 他会给你打电♥话♥
He’s gonna call you after I talk to him,
你和我必须站在同一战线上
and you and I have to be on the same page.
休不能跑路
Huell can’t run.
他只能穿好裤子 去蹲监狱…
He’s gonna have to put on his big-boy pants and go to jail…
-该死 -至少要蹲一段时间了
– Shit. – …at least for a little while.
没有其他办法了
There’s no way around it?
虽说他不会坐那么久的牢
He’s not gonna do what they’re pushing for.
我跟你保证
I promise you that.
但是 是的 无论如何 他…
But, yeah, no matter what, he’s —
他肯定是要蹲一阵了
he’s gonna have to do some time.
谢谢你的努力
Well, thanks for trying.
吉米 他不可以弃保潜逃
Jimmy, he can’t jump bail.
你会支持我的 对吧
You’ll back me up, right?
很好
Good.
如果你说这是我们能做到的
I mean, if you say this is the only way
唯一的合法的方法 那就这样吧
we can legitimately do this, well, it’s the only way.
所以你会告诉他不要逃跑
So, you’re gonna tell him to stay put?
当然
Yeah. Sure.
你有你的方法 我有我的方法
You do your thing. I’ll do mine.
吉米 这是什么意思
Jimmy, come on. What does that mean?
别担心
Don’t worry.
吉米 无论你在做什么 都停下来
Jimmy, whatever you’re doing, don’t.
是 我知道 但是听我说
Ya I know, but…listen.
我有了一个更好的方法
I have a better way.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!