金属板 胶合板
metal sheeting, plywood.
每到下雨天 家里就有一股干草味
When it rained, it smelled like hay.
我们从来没有吃饱过
We were always hungry.
但那里有棵蛋黄果树 枯枝嶙峋
But there was a lucuma tree, scrawny,
要死不活的
barely alive.
好多年前我家人就不指望它了
My family had given up on it years before.
从没长过果子
Never bore fruit.
我七岁那年
When I was 7,
我开始对它有了执念
I became fixated on it.
给它浇水 照顾它
I watered it, tended to it.
我花了很长时间
It took a long time,
树发了芽 长出了青涩的果实
but the buds grew into green fruit.
我很骄傲
I was so proud.
我没有告诉任何人
I didn’t tell anyone.
我摘了一个躲在我家小屋后面
I plucked one and hid behind our shack.
把果子吃了个精光
I ate the whole thing.
我从没吃过这么甜的东西
I’d never tasted something so sweet.
那味道就像焦糖
It was like caramel.
起先 我们摘果子自己吃
At first, we ate the fruit ourselves,
后来我开始把果子拿到村里去卖♥♥
and then I began taking it to the village to sell.
一天 树上的果子被摘得不剩几个了
One day, much of the fruit was gone from my tree.
地上全是吃了一半的果子
Piece were scattered on the ground, half-eaten.
我想可能是浣熊干的
I thought it was probably a coati.
你见过浣熊吗
Have you ever seen one?
和大号♥的家猫体型差不多
About the size of a large housecat.
机会主义者
Opportunists.
我用树枝和铁丝做了一个陷阱
I built a snare using branches and wire.
没过多久这只动物就中了陷阱
It didn’t take long for the animal to set it off.
但是这只浣熊力气太大
But the coati thrashed so hard,
挣破了陷阱
it broke out of the snare…
不过自己的腿也断了
broke its leg, as well.
我想抓住它 但被它溜了
I tried to grab it, but it slipped away.
跑到屋子底下
It ran under the house.
我知道它早晚都会出来
I knew it would show itself sooner or later.
于是我等着
So I waited…
等了几个小时 等到天黑
for hours, into the night.
我兄弟叫我时
When my brothers called for me…
我没有回答
I did not answer.
我一声也没有出
I didn’t make a sound.
我非常安静
I was so still.
终于 它从底下出来了
Finally, it came out.
它知道我在等着它 但它饿了
It knew I was there, but it was hungry.
这一次 我准备好了
This time, I was ready.
我抓到了它
I caught it.
它奋力挣脱
It fought me.
但我更强壮
But I was stronger.
本应仁慈一点给它个痛快
The merciful thing would have been to kill it.
但我把它留了下来
I kept it.
它活了很长一段时间
It lived for quite some time.
我相信你会醒来的 赫克托
I believe you will wake, Hector.
真大
This is huge.
我饿坏了 希望厨房♥里有东西吃
I’m starving. I hope there’s
something in the kitchen.
白♥痴♥ 你来之前应该吃饱的
You idiot, should’ve eaten
on the plane.
那是个吧台吗
Is that a bar?
是的 不知道上面有什么
It is. Wonder what’s on tap.
我们是来工作的 要吧台做什么
We’re here to work.
Why do we need a bar?
因为我们是来工作的
Because we’re here to work.
好了 先生们 我们要强调一些事情
All right, gentlemen, we have a few things to go over here.
你也要听
That means you, too.
卡伊
Kai.
过来 卡伊
Over here, Kai.
行了
Enough!
他们是老板 你得听他们的
For what they’re paying you, you’ll listen.
两个房♥子有四间卧室
We’ve got four bedrooms between the two houses.
你们自己分
I leave it to you to figure out the roommate situation.
既然你们都是朋友
I assume you’re all friends,
而且我并不想听到你们说不是
and I don’t really want to hear about it if you aren’t.
厨房♥能用 你们可以做自己想吃的
Working kitchen so you can cook whatever you want.
冰箱和柜子里有生活必需品
The refrigerators, the cabinets are stocked with the essentials.
这里有购物单
There’s a shopping list.
需要什么就写在上面
You write down whatever you need,
我们会去买♥♥
and we’ll get it.
每个房♥子里都有一部电♥话♥
There is a phone in each house.
直通我或者我的伙计
It goes directly to me or one of my guys.
有任何需要 打电♥话♥
Anything you need, call.
所以 姑娘们什么时候来
So, when do the girls get here?
得是合理需求
Anything within reason.
还有问题吗
Any more questions?
好了
All right.
你们可以休息一会 安顿一下
You’ve got some time to relax and settle in.
明晚开始工作
Work starts tomorrow night.
麦克
Michael.
他们都是好孩子
They are all good boys.
一旦工作开始 他们就会集中精力了
Once the work begins, they focus.
我保证
I see to it.
你把这里安排得太好了
What you’ve done here is very impressive.
谢谢你 麦克
u202dThank you for that, Michael.

Right.
如果你有其他需要的东西
If you need anything to make this go better,
告诉我
you let me know.
我会的
I will, certainly.
麦克
Hey, Mike.
盯着点这个家伙
You keep an eye on this one.
我没有恶意
I come in peace.
我想做个交易
I’m just — just here to make a deal.
什么交易
What kind of deal?
是这样的 伙计们 我们一开始不愉快
Look, fellas, we — we got off on the wrong foot, okay?
你们看到我大老远跑来这里卖♥♥东西
I’m sure you saw me out here selling my wares,
肯定觉得我是个土包子
and you thought I was just some rube,
想赚点快钱
out looking to score a quick buck
挺欠揍的
and just begging to be rolled.
但是 伙计们 我做的是长远考虑
But, guys, I’m thinking long term.
我摸透了这里的人的真正需求
I see a real need in this community
那就是安全 实惠 又无迹可寻的电♥话♥
for safe, affordable, untraceable phones,
而我准备填补这个空白
and I’m ready to fill it.
别瞎逼逼了
Wah-wah-wah.

All right.
好的 我直说了
All right, straight talk.
我需要在一个不用担心被抢劫的环境里
I need to be able to sell my phones without worrying
卖♥♥我的电♥话♥
about getting ripped off.
我的提议是
I’m proposing
如果你们能让我在这里安全地卖♥♥电♥话♥
if you let me sell my phones without hassle,
我就让你们加入
I cut you in,
比如 我每次晚上出来卖♥♥都给你们一百块
say, 100 bucks every night that I’m out.
完完全全是白来的钱
And that’s money for literally doing nothing.
我们为什么不干脆把钱都拿走
Why wouldn’t we just take all of it?
因为我说的是持续 可靠的利润 懂吗
‘Cause I’m talking consistent, reliable profits, you know?
当然 你们可以再抢我一次 拿走所有的钱
Sure, you can rip me off again, take all that I’ve got,
但是我就不会再卖♥♥了
but then I stop selling,
你们会失去一个很有价值的收入来源
and you lose a valuable revenue stream.
现在就把钱都给我们
Give me all you got now.
我是想让大家都赚钱
I’m trying to make money for all of us here.
跟我合作吧
Just work with me.
拿出来
Give.
只要你们稍微动动脑子想一想
If you could just expand your thinking a little bit.
你话太多了
You talk too much.
好 好 我们这有个实干家
All right, all right, we got a man of action.
你们应该接受这笔交易的
You should have taken the deal.
你真是我见过的最蠢的人

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!