好的 很好
Okay. Great.
亚当森夫人
Mrs. Adamson.
你好 亲爱的 你现在有时间吗
Hello, dear. Do you have a moment?
我想让你第一个知道
I just wanted you to be the first to know, uh,
我要暂时退出法律界一小段时间
that I’ll be taking a brief sabbatical from the law,
就一年
just one year.
地球绕着太阳转完一圈
One quick trip of the Earth around the Sun,
我就回来了
and I’ll be back.
我会的
I will.
下一个
Next.
转给吉米
Hold for Jimmy.
我有吗
I did?
真是荣幸
That’s…and that’s an honor.
他是怎么通过的
And how did he pass?
下一个 稍后会寄信给您详细说明
Next! The details will all be in a letter you’ll receive shortly.
主要是一些法律标准文件
Mostly legal boilerplate.
替我拥抱一下您的侄子
Now, you give that nephew a hug for me.
侄女
Niece!
下一个
Next!
转给吉米
Hold for Jimmy.
只是依照规定 真的 是…
It’s just a technical thing, really. It’s, uh —
只是规定 有一个协议
It’s just a technical, uh — an agreement.
有个协议
It’s an agreement —
我跟律师协会有个协议
It’s an agreement that I came to with the Bar Association,
您会收到一封信 上面会详细说明
and you’re gonna get a letter with all the details, so —
莱文先生 能听到吗
Mr. Levine, can you hear me?!
喂 能听到吗
Hello?! Can you hear me still?!
好了 你别说了…
Okay, just — You stop for —
你别说了 听我说
You stop talking, and then I’ll talk.
好的 下一个
Okay. Next.
信里会解释一切 但是详细内容
The letter will explain it, but the — the details
只是些无聊的法律文书
are just boring legalistic mumbo-jumbo.
我不知道那些声音是哪来的 先生
I don’t know where those sounds are coming from, sir.
你得检查一下
You — You’ll have to check.
那就别出去
Well, then, stay inside!
详细信息会在信中…
Details will be in a letter —
没错 不过别担心
that’s right, but d-don’t worry about it.
下一个 下一个 下一个
Next. Next. Next!
下一个 下一个
Next. Next!
是的 普莱斯曼夫人 文件我还留着
Yes, Mrs. Pressman, I still have the document.
我会把小花猫加进去的
I’m including the calico.
我不想再跟你纠结这个了 先生
Now I don’t wanna get down into the weeds on this with you, sir.
我头疼了 我累了
It’s just my headache, sir. I’m tired.
听听你自己说的
Listen to you.
你从哪学了这么多律师的事
Where’d you learn so much about lawyering?
对 注意查收我们寄给你的信
Yes, just watch your mail for that letter from my office.
好了 再见
Okay. Bye-bye.
下一个
Next!
最后一个 亚洛维茨先生
Last one, Mr. Yalowitz.
最后一个
Last one.
亚洛维茨先生
Mr. Yalowitz.
我是吉米·麦吉尔
Hey, it’s Jimmy McGill.
听我说 您以后的律师服务
Listen, for your future lawyering needs,
我要中断一年
I am taking a hiatus of one year.
请注意查收我们寄给你的信
Will you please watch your mail for a letter from my office?
是的 电视里的吉米
Yes, Jimmy from TV.
你每天都看
You watch it every day, huh?
真的吗
Really?
你曾是B29的飞行员
Were you the pilot of the B-29?
完成了三十二次任务
32 missions?
天啊
Holy…
先生 请允许我说
Well, c-can I just say, sir, that you are one of the people
你造就了伟大的一代人 向你致敬
who made the greatest generation so damn great? I salute you.
好的 再见
A’ight, see you soon.
在电视上 对 拜
On TV, right. Bye.
弗朗西斯卡 接通KWBV
Francesca, get me KWBV!

Okay.
帮我接通经理
Get me the manager.
那就帮我接通能管广♥告♥的人 快点
Then get me somebody who can pull a commercial, stat!
你打完电♥话♥了吗
You finish making your calls?
是 非常有趣
Yeah. That was a ton of fun.
但这个才真叫有趣
But what gets me is this.
这是什么
What is it?
KWBV的合同
It is my KWBV contract.
今天差点播我的广♥告♥了
I almost let one of my ads run today.
你不能那么做
You can’t do that.
我知道 但你能相信吗
I know, u202dbut can you believe this?
我还有九次播送
I’ve got nine airings left.
我欠了四千块
I’m out 4,000 bucks.
或许
I guess…
你得找个本地差事
you have to find a local business
想办法干活
and try to sell ’em your time.
你还能干什么
What else can you do?
是啊
Yeah.
这垃圾明确声明说
This pile of garbage explicitly states
我不能转卖♥♥
I’m not allowed to resell.
你是律师 你看看能不能找到漏洞
You’re a lawyer. See if you can find a loophole.
我不能再看合同了
I cannot look at another contract.
我得完全投入梅萨维德银行的事
I’m up to my eyeballs in Mesa Verde.
是 抱歉
Yeah. I’m sorry.
弗朗西斯卡你准备怎么办
So, what do you want to do about Francesca?
什么怎么办
Do about her? What?
我们得提前多久告诉她 两周吗
Yeah, how much notice should we give her? Two weeks?
我们把她蒙在鼓里
Well, we’re not doing her any favors
对她没有好处
by keeping her in the dark.
她该开始找工作了
She should start looking.
你想炒掉弗朗西斯卡
So you want to fire Francesca?
我也不想 但我不需要她
I don’t want to, but I don’t need her
只是整理文件 倒咖啡啥的
for more than filing and getting coffee,
我自己可以做
and I can do that myself.
我们刚雇佣她 我喜欢她
We just hired her. I like her.
就着这个话题
While we’re on the subject,
我们还得谈谈这地方的开销
we need to talk about the overhead on this place.
不 金 不
No, Kim, no!
这间办公室是为两位律师设置的
This office is set up for two legal practices,
但现在只有一位了
and now there’s only one.
我不需要这么多空间
I don’t need all this space.
我只有一个客户
I only have one client.
是个大客户
It’s a huge client!
我仔细看了 违反租约
I looked into it, and breaking the lease
要支付不少于十个月的租金
will cost a hell of a lot less than 10 months’ rent.
我们不能因为才停职一天
No, we didn’t go through all this
就谈这些 要放弃这一切
just to give up everything after one day of suspension.
才一天
One day!
不是一切
It’s not everything.
这是间办公室
It’s an office.
四面墙 有地板
Four walls and a door.
为什么要在不需要的东西上浪费钱
Why waste money u202don something w-we don’t need?
但我觉得
As — As far as I’m concerned,
一切还没变 对吧
nothing’s changed, all right?
我负责我的 你负责你的
I’ll hold up my end, you hold up yours.
对半分
50-50.
所以你要继续支付半个办公室的钱
So you’re gonna keep paying for half a law office
即便你不当律师
even though you’re not practicing law?
这叫”进取思维”
Call it u202d”aspirational thinking.”

Okay.
但你要怎么承担呢
But how are you gonna pay for it?
我没凑齐我那部分钱的那天
The day I don’t show up with my half,
就是我们商量关停这地方的时候
that’s the day we’ll talk about closing this place.
很公平
That’s fair, I guess.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!