不了 谢谢
No thanks.
我已经因为闯进他家被判了一年了
I-I’ve already u202dkicked my door in for the year.
这是你欠他的
You owe it to him.
我不欠他任何事
I don’t owe him squat.
吉米 你对我撒了谎
Jimmy, you lied to me.
整件事根本不是为了帮助查克
This was never about helping Chuck.
如果你觉得被误导了 我道歉
If you feel misled, I apologize,
但我说得很清楚
but I think I was clear.
我告诉你我必须为自己辩护
I told you I had to defend myself
在那之后 查克会需要帮助
and Chuck u202dwould need help afterwards,
他确实需要
which he does.
你已经如愿以偿了
You got what you wanted.
现在该做正确的事了
Now it’s time to do what’s right.
这个…
Yeah…

No.
吉米 他还是你哥哥
Jimmy, he’s still your brother.
不 不再是了
Not anymore, he’s not.
查克对你的看法一直是对的
Chuck was right about you all along.
他有心理疾病
He’s mentally ill.
你有什么借口呢
What is your excuse?
享用你的香槟吧
Enjoy your champagne.
那天吃晚饭的时候
Like the other night during dinner,
凯莉问我她爸爸会不会做饭
Kaylee asked if her daddy ever used to cook.
我告诉她马蒂
And I told her about how Matty
以前周末经常给她做米老鼠形状的煎饼
used to make her Mickey Mouse pancakes on weekends.
一个大饼上有两个耳朵形状的小饼
You know, two small pancake ears attached to a big one?
她不记得了 但她很开心
She didn’t remember, but I think it made her happy.
她甚至要我第二天早上做给她
She even asked for them the next morning.
马蒂做起来可容易了
Boy, Matty made it look easy.
但要想让那对耳朵分开其实很困难
And keeping the ears separated is really hard.
我做的难看极了
Mine looked terrible.
但凯莉不介意
But Kaylee didn’t care.
现在她每周都想要”爸爸煎饼”
Now she wants “Daddy pancakes” every weekend.
但…
But…
有时候…
there are times…
职业介绍日快到了 她问我
Career day’s coming up, and she asked me
我能不能去参加 谈论她父亲的工作
if I would go and talk about her daddy’s job.
她想了解他到底是做什么的
She wants to know more about what he did.
这让我有点百感交集
And that kind of took my breath away.
凯莉的老师觉得这样对孩子有好处
Kaylee’s teacher thinks it would be good for her,
也许能让他的离去
maybe make his absence feel…
感觉更…
a little bit more…
平常一点
normal.
你会去吗
So, do you think you’re gonna do it?
我不知道
I don’t know.
也许吧
Maybe.

Good.
说得好 史黛西
That’s good work, Stacey.
谁还想说
So, who’s next?
谢谢你过来 这对我意义重大
Thanks for coming. It means a lot.
亲爱的 如果这能让你好受一点
Well, honey, u202dif it makes you feel any better,
我全力支持
I’m all for it.
那你还会再来吗
Enough that you’d come again?
再说吧
We’ll see.
问题是
Well, thing is,
我好像替你答应了一件事
I sort of u202dvolunteered you for something.
什么
What?
帮忙弄那个新操场
To help u202dwith the new playground.
孩子们值得拥有一个更好的
The kids deserve way better than that,
-你不觉得吗 -当然 不过为什么选我
– don’t you think? – u202dSure, but why me?
他们需要一个懂怎样浇筑水泥的人
Well, they need someone who knows how to pour concrete.
而滑梯和秋千需要地基
And the slide and the swings need something called footings,
大概吧
I think.
亲爱的 这不是我的专长
Sweetheart, u202dthat’s not really my department.
当然是了 老爸 马蒂小的时候你修了个车♥库♥
Sure it is, Pop. You built a carport when Matty was a kid.
-真的 -对
– I did? u202d- Yeah.
他跟我说过好多遍了
He told me about it a bunch of times.
他说当你在做预算的时候
He said that u202dwhen you were pricing it out,
觉得给你报价的那些人都是骗子
you thought that all the people who gave you quotes were crooks,
所以你就亲自动手了
so you decided to do it yourself.
你还让马蒂在没干的水泥上写了名字缩写
And you let Matty write his initials in the wet cement.
爸 他谈论你的样子
Pop, the way he talked about you,
就像你把月亮挂到了天上一样
it was like you… hung the moon.
抱歉 那就不让你去好了
Sorry. I can get you out of it.
-我只是以为… -没关系
– I just thought it was — – No, it’s fine.
告诉我时间地点就行
Just tell me when and where.
多大点事
u202dCome on.
天啊
Geez.
谢谢你
Thank you.
查克
Chuck?!
查克 是霍华德
Chuck, it’s Howard!
我不会离开的 查克
I’m not leaving, Chuck!
我不想吵醒邻居
I don’t want to wake up the neighbors,
但是你不开门我就不走
but I got all night!
查克
Chuck?!
这是一瓶三十五年的麦卡伦
That is a 35-year-old Macallan.
我不会告诉你它有多贵
I’m not gonna tell you how much it cost,
不过别担心 算我的
but don’t worry — u202dit’s coming out of my end.
结果出来了
The opinion came in.
吉米被停业一年
Jimmy was suspended for 12 months.
这也是一种胜利 我的朋友
This is a win, my friend.
虽然感觉不太像
I know, it doesn’t feel like it.
但是听我说
But hear me out.
吉米这一年都不能做律师
Jimmy’s not gonna be a lawyer for one year.
如果他中间出了什么岔子
And if he screws up,
我们都知道这很有可能
which we both know is likely,
他的诉前转移协议就会终止
his PPD terminates
一年就会延长到永远
and that one year may turn into forever.
查克 你正站在一个十字路口
Chuck, you’re at a crossroads.
你可以向后看
You can keep looking backwards,
继续纠结你弟弟的事
stay focused on your brother,
看他想干什么 或者你可以继续前进
what he’s up to, or you can go forward.
但查克 听我说
And, Chuck, listen to me —
吉米不值得你这样
Jimmy’s just not worth it.
我们会怎样…
Where would we be if…
如果克拉伦斯·达罗将人生中最重要的那几年
say, Clarence Darrow had devoted the best years of his life
用来照管他那些不成器的亲属
to supervising u202dhis ne’er-do-well relatives?
想想他为此可能错过的那些案子
Think of the cases he wouldn’t have taken,
那些可能永远得不到回应的冤枉
the injustices u202dthat would have gone unanswered.
真是浪费
What a waste.
要我说
I say…
还是将你的精力放在未来吧
…put your energy into the future.
其他任何事
Anything else…
都是在浪费你的时间和才智
is a waste u202dof your time and intellect.
你觉得呢
What do you say?
敬新的开始
To new beginnings.
敬新的开始
To new beginnings.
你能开车吗
You okay to drive?
没问题
Absolutely.
你感觉怎么样
How are you feeling?
我很好 谢谢你 霍华德
Oh, I’m fine. Thank you, Howard.
吃午饭了
Lunch is served.
快来 亲爱的
Swim, honey.
不快点吃就泡胀了
Get it before it’s soggy.
弗朗西斯卡 可以开始了
Francesca, it’s go time!
你想从哪开始
Where do you wanna start?
从A开始吧
With the A’s.
你好 亚当森夫人
Hi. Mrs. Adamson?
我是吉米·麦吉尔律所的弗朗西斯卡
It’s Francesca at Jimmy McGill’s office.
你现在可以和吉米通话吗
Are you available to talk with Jimmy?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!