或者对于与我合作感觉不自在
or if you are not comfortable staying with me,
我们可以讨论接下来怎么做
we can discuss options.
要说有什么是我不能容忍♥的
If there’s one thing I cannot abide,
就是一个人不能承担自己的过错
it’s a man who won’t own up to his mistakes.
不管麦吉尔在搞什么名堂 都不会
Now, whatever mud McGill is slinging he’s not gonna
让我放弃我见过的最棒的律师
screw me out of the best outside counsel I’ve ever had.
这…
That’s…
我太高兴了
I’m so glad to hear that.
我们很感谢你提醒我们
We appreciate the heads-up,
但你可以不用担心这件事了
but you can call this baby put to bed.
说回正题 晚餐
Now the most important thing — dinner.
七点行吗
7:00 good for you?
-我没问题 -好极了
– Uh, works for me. – Great.
我们会商量下一步战略
We’ll talk strategy —
是先在科罗拉多州还是先在犹他州
We move on Colorado or Utah first?
七点见
See ya at 7:00.
麦吉尔的事
This McGill thing.
你确定没问题吗
You’re sure it’s not gonna be a problem?
确定
I am.
绝对不会牵扯到梅萨维德
Mesa Verde isn’t involved in any way, shape, or form.
那就好
Okay. Good.
那么晚上见了
Then, I’ll see you tonight.
好的 晚上见
Okay, great. See you then.
出口
好了 就是这样
Okay, this is it.
我们可以关掉所有灯光和麦克风
We can run without lights and mics.
在你作证期间
We’ll collect all cellphones
将手♥机♥统一收集并保存
and hold them for the duration of your testimony.
可以让法庭书♥记♥官
The, uh, court reporter, would it be possible
待在离证人席远一点的地方吗
to move him or her farther from the witness stand?
可以 我们可以
Um, yeah, u202dI think we can arrange
把他们安排在法庭后部
having them u202din the back of the court.
抱歉 这个出口标志的灯光只能保留
I’m sorry. There’s nothing I can do about the exit signs.
这是规定
It’s code.
感谢你所做的一切
I appreciate all you’re doing.
谢谢
Thank you.
阿利先生 可以让我们单独待一会吗
Mr. Alley, I wonder if you’d give us a moment.
我想跟我的同事商量些事情
I’d like to go over something with my colleague.
没问题 我在外面等你们
No problem. I’ll be outside when you’re ready.
霍华德
Howard?
你感觉怎么样 查克
How you feeling, Chuck?
我可以应付过去的
I’ll muddle through.
因为这事不容易
Because this is a lot to ask.
如果你坚持不下来
And if you’re not up to it — just throwing this out there —
那就不如不来作证了
maybe you don’t need to testify at all.
不 我要来
No, I do.
我是唯一一个能解释清楚
I’m the only person who can adequately explain
那盘磁带是怎么回事的人
the context of that tape.
否则 辩方会歪曲事实的
Otherwise, the defense’ll tear it to shreds.
这个案子已经板上钉钉了
It’s already a solid case.
我们有吉米诉前转移的陈述
We have Jimmy’s statement from the Pre-Prosecution Diversion.
有我和私♥家♥侦♥探♥的证词
There’s my testimony and the private eye’s.
也许你不必亲自到这来遭这份罪
Maybe there’s no need to put you through the wringer like this.
重点不是我或者我的身体健康
This isn’t about me or my health.
重点在于公♥关♥
This is about PR.
我们失去了一个委托人
We lost a client.
原因在于 你失去行动能力
That happened because, while you were…incapacitated,
使你弟弟获取了
your brother accessed documents
本应保存在律所的文件
that should have been secured at HHM.
吉米的所作所为确实很过分
What Jimmy did u202dis unconscionable, yes…
但我的工作之一是维护公♥司♥的声誉
but one of my jobs is to safeguard the firm’s reputation.
现在不是担心声誉的时候
This is not the time to worry about how we look.
我们面对的是大是大非的问题
This is about what’s right and what’s wrong.
我不想让吉米
I’m not gonna risk Jimmy getting, what?
只是被禁止执业一年 或者两年
A year’s suspension? Maybe two?
他应该被取消律师资格 而不是略受惩戒
He deserves disbarment, not some slap on the wrist.
不 霍华德 只有这一条路
No, Howard. u202dThere’s only one way forward.
纵使天塌下来 该算的账也要算
Let justice be done, though the heavens fall.
抱歉久等了 安排得非常好
Sorry to keep you waiting. This’ll do nicely.
请向委员会转达我的谢意
Please extend my thanks to the Committee for their flexibility.
早上好 我是州律师协会的罗伯特·阿利
Good morning. I’m Robert Alley for the State Bar.
就詹姆斯·M·麦吉尔先生一案
In the matter of James M. McGill,
州律师协会拟证明其违反以下
the State Bar intends to prove the following violations
道德守则
of the Ethical Code.
16条102款
16-102 —
从事律师所知是犯罪的行为
engaging in conduct a lawyer knows is criminal.
麦吉尔先生明知损坏其兄长家的大门
Mr. McGill certainly knew that breaking down his brother’s door
是犯罪行为
was criminal behavior.
16条804款
16-804 —
作为律师 其犯罪行为
committing a criminal act that reflects adversely
对律师的诚实守信产生了不利影响
on the lawyer’s honesty or trustworthiness as a lawyer.
任何理性的人都会同意
Any reasonable person would agree
在另一位律师的家中对其进行攻击
that assaulting another lawyer in his own home
对麦吉尔先生的律师身份产生了恶劣影响
reflects badly on Mr. McGill’s fitness as an attorney.
16条304款
16-304 —
非法修改 毁坏
unlawfully altering, destroying,
或隐藏具有潜在证据价值的材料
or concealing material having potential evidentiary value.
麦吉尔先生闯进其兄长家
Mr. McGill broke into his brother’s home
毁坏了一盘盒式录音磁带
and destroyed an audiocassette
其中包含一段他和他哥哥
which contained a recording of a conversation
查尔斯·麦吉尔 之间的对话录音
between himself and his brother, Charles McGill.
我们将说明 这段录音
We will show that this recording was evidence
是一件进行中案件的证据
in an ongoing legal case.
州律师协会认为
The State Bar believes that,
一旦我们呈现了事实
once we have presented the facts,
委员会将会同意
the Committee will agree that disbarment
取消詹姆斯·麦吉尔的律师资格
is warranted for James McGill.
谢谢
Thank you very much.
谢谢 阿利先生
Thank you, Mr. Alley.
韦克斯勒女士
Ms. Wexler?
谢谢 主席先生
Thank you, Mr. Chairman.
早上好
Good morning.
我是金·韦克斯勒 詹姆斯·麦吉尔的协理辩护律师
I’m Kim Wexler, co-counsel with James McGill, for the defense.
各位都已经阅读了麦吉尔先生的诉前转移陈述
You’ve already read Mr. McGill’s Pre-Prosecution Statement.
对于非法闯入他哥哥家里这点我们并无疑义
We don’t dispute he broke into his brother’s house,
而他也对此深感后悔
an act he regrets…deeply.
但这个故事还有另外一面
But there is another side to this story.
无关算计
One not about calculation
及居心不良
or ill intent,
是关于两兄弟
but about two brothers,
他们的关系 经过数年纠葛
whose relationship, after years of strain,
最终破裂
finally broke.
我们相信 了解事情全部真♥相♥后
We believe that, after you have the complete picture,
各位就会明白 詹姆斯·麦吉尔
you’ll understand James McGill is an asset
是法律界不可或缺的一员
to our legal community.
他应该保持协会正式成员的身份
And he should remain a full member of it in good standing.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢 韦克斯勒女士
Thank you, Ms. Wexler.
好了 如果各位都准备好了举证…
Okay, if, uh, everyone’s ready to begin testimony…
阿利先生 传唤你的证人
Mr. Alley, call your witness.
砰 砰 砰
Bang! Bang! Bang!
然后他就踢破了大门
Then he kicked down the door.
吉米很激动 不停地大喊大叫
Jimmy was very agitated. He was shouting.
他要求查尔斯
He demanded Charles turn over
-把他收集的证据交出来 -反对
– the evidence he’d been collecting — – Objection.
我们还没有证实磁带是证物
We haven’t established the tape is evidence of anything.
辩方只承认它是一项财产
The defense has only acknowledged it as a piece of property.
请让我重新表述
Allow me to rephrase.
吉米要求查尔斯交出属于他的一盘磁带
Jimmy demanded an audiocassette in Charles’ possession,
接着
which Jimmy proceeded,
他用一根拨火棍

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!