再见
Hasta luego.
《能工巧匠》
我们能谈谈吗
May we talk?
你可以把车停到那边
You can park it over there.
你把我们说好的酬劳退回来了
You sent back the payment we agreed upon.
我做那些事不是为了你
What I did, I didn’t do for you.
那个男人
The man.
那个因为帮助货车司机而被杀的人
The one killed for helping the truck driver.
容我多嘴
If I may make an observation…
也许你是想弥补过错
Perhaps you are trying to correct something
一些无法挽回的事
which cannot be corrected.
我做这种事不是为了钱
It’s not the kind of thing I want to take money for.
但事实仍然是 你的行为令我受益
But the fact remains that your actions
多到你无法想象
benefited me more than you can know.
那是你的事
That’s your business.
我不用再烦恼塞拉曼加的事 就够了
I’m just glad to have Salamanca out of my head.
也许将来…
Well, perhaps, in the future…
你会考虑为我工作
you will consider working for me.
也许吧
Could be.
得看具体工作内容
That’d depend on the work.
你想知道
Would you care to know
我为什么阻止你杀赫克托吗
why I stopped you from killing Hector?
如你所说 那对你没好处
Like you said — it wasn’t in your interest.
被一枪爆头对他来说太仁慈了
A bullet to the head would have been far too humane.
吉米
Jimmy.
霍华德
Howard.
吉米
Jimmy.
霍华德
Howard.

Kim.
查克
Chuck.

Kim.
下午好
Good afternoon.
很好
Good.
麦吉尔先生 这样可以吗
Mr. McGill, does this work for you?
也只能这样了 谢谢
It’ll have to do. Thank you.
各位都把手♥机♥等电子产品
I assume everyone left their cellphones
-放到接待处了吧 -是的
– and so on at reception. – Yes, indeed.
如果你要休息一下或有其他需求 请告诉我
And you’ll let me know if you need a break or anything else?
我会的 谢谢 海女士
I will. Thank you, Ms. Hay.
其实
You know…
我跟我先生说起过你的情况
I was actually speaking to my husband about your condition.
是吗
Oh, yes?
我以前有个姨妈 她已经过世了
I had an aunt. She’s no longer with us.
她每周日都到教堂去
She went to church every Sunday,
可是当唱诗班的孩子开始唱歌♥
but when the boys’ choir sang,
她就必须离开
she would absolutely have to leave.
他们声音的频率
Something about the frequency of their voices
让她受不了
really did a number on her.
-那太可惜了 -确实
– Well, that is a shame. – Indeed.
好了
All right.
我们开始吧
Let’s get down to it.
我们今天要落实
We are here to finalize
詹姆斯·摩根·麦吉尔的诉前转移
the Pre-Prosecution Diversion for James Morgan McGill.
代理被转移人的是金柏莉·韦克斯勒女士
Representing the divertee, Ms. Kimberly Wexler.
詹姆斯·麦吉尔先生签了一份协议
Mr. James McGill has signed a contract
在法定诉讼时效内
waiving his rights to a speedy trial
放弃快速审判和案件陈述的权利
and presentment of his case within the statute of limitations.
协议条款要求你 詹姆斯
The terms of the deal are for you, James,
在未来十二个月内 于每月第二个周一
to report to your Pre-Prosecution Service Officer
到阿尔布开克地检办公室
at the Albuquerque District Attorney’s Office
向诉前事务官报到
on the second Monday of every month for the next 12 months.
届时会分配社区服务时长
Community service hours will be assigned.
你必须保持合法就业
You must maintain lawful employment.
只能和守法公民来往
Must only associate with law-abiding citizens.
你的委托人是否明白
Your client understands that,
如果他违反协议条款
if he violates the terms of the agreement
或者因违法被捕
or is arrested for any infraction,
他在此供认的罪名
the crimes to which he has confessed here
将连同新的罪名一起
will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law,
依法受到最大限度的追诉
in addition to any new charges?
他明白
He understands.
我必须告知你 麦吉尔先生
And I must inform you, Mr. McGill,
作为一名律师及律师协会成员
as an officer of the court and member of the bar,
你的供词将会被提交给
your confession will be referred
新墨西哥律师协会
to the New Mexico Bar Association.
好了 我这里有份你的陈述
Okay. I have your statement here.
有谁事先读过了吗
Has everyone had a chance to read it?
有什么评论或想法
Comments? Thoughts?
第二页上说 他”损坏了被害人的财产”
Actually, page 2, he “Damaged the victim’s property.”
可不可以更准确地改成
Would it not be more accurate to say
“毁坏了一盘录音带”
“Destroyed a cassette tape”?
抱歉 录音带难道不是他的财产吗
I’m sorry. Wasn’t the cassette tape his property?
-当然是 -那说他损坏了
– Of course it was. – Then it seems entirely accurate to say
被害人的财产十分准确
he damaged the victim’s property.
为什么含糊其辞
Why be vague?
并且”损坏”不能说明其无法挽回的后果
And “Damaged” doesn’t reflect its irrevocable condition —
好 改成”损坏了被害人的私人物品”
Fine. “Damaged property belonging to the victim.”
是录音带
It was a cassette tape.
事实就是如此 不是茶杯 或者椅子
That’s what it was — not a teacup, not a chair —
-是一盘录音带 -没错
– a cassette tape. – Yeah.
改成”毁坏私人财产”怎么样
How about “Destroyed item of personal property”?

All right.
我们建议改成”毁坏私人财产”
Uh, we’d suggest “Destroyed item of personal property.”
韦克斯勒小姐
Ms. Wexler?
无异议
Works for us.
那我是不是该修改一下 还是…
Shall I change it, or…?
请便
If you would.
“毁坏私人财产”
“Destroyed item of personal property.”
好了
There.
请您签上姓名的首字母
Can you initial it, please?
“JMM” 签好了
“JMM.” Initialed.
查尔斯 您对您弟弟的陈述还有其他
Charles, was there anything else you found wanting
欠缺的地方吗
in your brother’s statement?
没有了
No.
我们很满意 谢谢您
We’re satisfied. Thank you.
好 我们完事了吧
All right. So, we’re all set.
不 还没完 麦吉尔先生
No, not all set, Mr. McGill.
你哥哥或许满意了 但我还没有
Your brother may be satisfied, but I am not.
你写的供词还说过得去
The confession you’ve written is adequate,
但老实说 我觉得缺少悔意
but, frankly, I-I sense a lack of remorse.
我希望您有所行动 比如道个歉
And I, for one, would like to hear an apology.
这是查尔斯最起码应得的
Charles deserves at least that much.
现在吗
Now?
是的 麦吉尔先生 现在
Yes, Mr. McGill, now.
好吧
Okay.
我错了
I was wrong.
麦吉尔先生 说的时候能直视你哥哥吗
Mr. McGill, could you at least look your brother in the eye?
查克 我真的很抱歉
Chuck… I’m very sorry.
我发了脾气 做了一些事…
I lost my temper, and I did some things —
很多让我后悔不已的事
so many things that I regret.
我不应该砸坏你的门
I shouldn’t have broken down your door.
不管我有多么生气
Doesn’t matter how I was provoked.
都不应该那样做
I-I shouldn’t have done that.
我不会为此或者自己所说的话找借口
There’s no excuse for that. Or for the things that I said.
我非常懊悔
I regret it all,
后悔到你完全无法想象
all of it more than you can imagine,
因为…
because…
你是我的哥哥
’cause you’re my brother,
没人应该那样对待自己的兄弟
and no one should treat his own brother like that.
永远不会
Not ever.
可以吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!