他帮我买♥♥生活用品
He brought me u202dmy groceries and sundries.
但我们吵架了
But we had a falling-out.
现在我专门雇了一个人帮我做这些
I have an employee who does all that now.
你雇人之后
You took away your brother’s key
就把你弟弟的钥匙收走了吗
when you hired this employee?
我换了锁
I changed the locks.
回到这次冲突上
Going — Going back to the confrontation —
我要搞清楚当时的细节
so I have it absolutely clear
他攻击你了吗
did he strike you?
没有 不是那样的
No, nothing like that.
他把我逼到了一个壁橱里
He backed me into a cabinet.
他有武器吗
Did he have a weapon?
我刚才说了
Well, as I mentioned,
他用一个拨火棍撬开了我的书桌
he used a fireplace poker to break into my desk.
但他决不会用它对付我
But he never would have used it on me.
你感觉受到人身威胁了吗
Did you feel physically threatened?
我弟弟有许多毛病
My brother is a lot of things,
但他还是有底限的
but even he has limits.
那么你愿意出庭作证吗
And you’re willing to appear as a witness
即使他是你的家人
even though he’s family?
很不幸 是的
Unfortunately, yes.
如果我们继续下去
If we continue with this,
我会要求你宣誓作证
I’ll need your sworn testimony.
我以前处理过涉及家庭成员的案子
I’ve had situations u202dinvolving family members before
当中的受害者最终
where the injured party has ultimately been reluctant
不愿与我们合作
to cooperate with my office.
这种情况不会发生
That won’t happen.
我想知道你的策略
I’m curious about your strategy.
这个嘛…
Well…
作为律师
as officers of the court,
我认为应该秉持更高的标准
I feel we should be held to a higher standard.
我不会因为你弟弟也是律师
I don’t intend u202dto take it easy on your brother
就对他手下留情
just because he’s a lawyer.
这是当然
Of course not.
争论的焦点
The bone of contention
会围绕在强行侵入他人住♥宅♥这项重罪上
is going to be the felony breaking and entering.
你弟弟会想做轻罪辩护
Your brother’s gonna want to plead down to a misdemeanor,
但我会坚持重罪指控
but I’ll hold the line on the felony.
这意味着可能会庭审
Which means this could possibly go to trial.
现在我想问一下
Now, I-I want to be mindful
你的身体状况
of your comfort and well-being.
以你现在的状况
With — With your condition,
能够出席庭审吗
are you able u202dto appear before the court?
亲自
In person?
我很感谢你今天为了迁就我
I certainly appreciate you accommodating me today
到我家里来
by coming here,
但是不用担心
but don’t worry — u202d
只要做一些小的调整
I’m able to tolerate being out for short periods u202d
我还是可以在外面待一会儿的
with a few minor adjustments.
不会太麻烦法♥院♥
Nothing that will u202doverly inconvenience the court.
那我就开始着手处理了
I’ll get started on this.
除非你有其他的考虑
U-Unless you have other concerns.
我只是…
I just…
我只是在想
I just keep thinking.
吉米的内心是善良的
You know, Jimmy has a good heart.
我相信
I’m — I’m sure he does.
这不是为他所作所为找借口
It’s not an excuse for what he’s done.
但他是我弟弟
But he’s my brother.
我知道… 他…
And I know… well, he…
他很容易激动 控制不住脾气
well, he’s emotional. He flies off the handle.
我理解
I understand,
但这不是发脾气那么简单
but this is more than flying off the handle.
我不会为他的行为辩解
I’m not u202dgoing to defend his actions.
但我在想还有没有更好的解决办法
But I can’t help wondering if there’s not a better solution.
对所有人来说
For everyone.
冰爽礼物
你觉得是怎么回事
可能是猎人开的枪
可能吧
是猎人
美国-墨西哥边境
发现毒品
Looks like we got a hit.
跪下
Get down on your knees!
天啊 这烟放了多久了
Jesus. How old is this?
我在杂物箱里找到的
I found it in the glove box.
要我猜
u202dBest guess?
可能是所有门还配套的时候买♥♥的
From back when all the doors matched.
今天助理地检给我了一份认罪协议
I got a deal offer from the ADA today.
然后呢
And?
跟我预期的不一样
It’s not what I expected.
是坏事吗
Bad not what you expected?
只是…
It’s just that…
不一样
It’s different.
她给了我诉前转移
She’s offering me u202dPre-Prosecution Diversion.
认罪 不经庭审 且不留下犯罪记录
真的吗
Seriously?
诉前转移
A PPD?
那真是太好了 吉米
That’s great, Jimmy.
这是我最好的结果了 对吧
Best I could hope for, right?
是啊
Right.
她要你认什么罪
What does she want you to confess to?
全部 强行闯入重罪
All of it. The felony B and E.
轻度人身攻击和财产损失
Misdemeanor petty assault and property damage.
我没对他动手
I never touched him,
但他们还是把人身攻击列进去了
but they got assault in there.
不算最糟了
Well, could be worse.
只要他们不起诉你
As long as they never activate it,
就无所谓了 对吗
it doesn’t matter, right?
你能做到一整年都安分守己吗
You gonna be able to keep your nose clean for a whole year?
不让中间是”K”的维克多跑出来搞事情
Keep “Viktor” With a “k” on lockdown?
没问题的 吉赛尔
It’s not a problem, Giselle.
再说如果我不乖乖的 就得马上坐牢了
And if I don’t, u202dit’s instant jail, right?
已经很幸运了
Lucky break.
她肯定也不想闹到庭审那么麻烦
She must not want the hassle of a trial.
大概吧
Guess so.
吉米
Jimmy…
这是好消息
this is good news.
查克肯定气死了
And Chuck is gonna be pissed.
你大大地扳回一城
It’s a big check in the “pro” column.
事实上 诉前转移是查克的主意
Actually, u202dthe PPD was Chuck’s idea.

Shit.
是啊
Yeah.
他在玩什么把戏
What’s his game?
诉前转移有个条件 我的书面供词
One condition of the PPD is that my written confession
必须立刻上交给新墨西哥律师协会
is immediately submitted to the New Mexico Bar Association.
你书面的重罪认罪书
Your written felony confession.
对 我还以为他想让我坐牢
Yeah. I thought he wanted me in jail.
其实他只想吊销我的律师执照
He just wants my law license.
你打算怎么做
What are you gonna do?
我早知道律师协会是个问题
I knew the bar u202dwas gonna be an issue, right?
所以我本来打算将指控
So I figured I’d plea the charges down
减免到轻罪 顶多被谴责一下
to a couple misdemeanors, get a censure,
可能会暂时停职 可是…
and maybe u202da little suspension, but…
承认重罪
a confession to a felony?
剥夺律师资格
Grounds for disbarment.
是啊 如果庭审我输了
Yeah. And if I take it to trial and I lose,
那我仍然要面对律师协会 甚至很可能要坐牢
I face the bar anyways and jail time, most likely.
他把我困住了
He’s got me boxed in.
你可以放手一搏
You can fight this.
纪律委员会会考虑可使罪行减轻的情况
The disciplinary board listens to extenuating circumstances.
不 查克认识律师协会所有人
No, Chuck knows everybody at the bar.
那些人的事业都有查克的功劳
Hell, he made half their careers.
他和他的亲信会联合对付我
It’s gonna be him u202dand his cronies versus me.
我孤身作战

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!