钱和时间 永远破坏了我的名誉
and permanently damaged my reputation.
但我发现 不是错误
But then I realized… it wasn’t an error.
根本不是
Not at all.
上一周的昨晚 我就睡在沙发上
A week ago last night, I was right there on that couch,
几乎失去了意识 吉米来了
barely consious, and Jimmy showed up.
支走了欧内斯托
and he sent Ernesto away.
我的好弟弟要亲自照顾我
My brother was gonna take care of me.
在夜深之时
And in the dead of night,
他翻了我的梅萨维德的文件
he went through my Mesa Verde files.
我们不用听你在这胡言乱语
Uh, you know what? We don’t have to listen to this.
她得听
She does!
好好听 为你自己好
You do — for your own good.
这里面有十三份文件
Now, in these files are 13 documents
标有梅萨维德银行拟设支行的地址
containing the address of Mesa Verde’s proposed branch —
罗塞拉路1261号♥ 亚利桑那州斯科茨代尔
1261 Rosella Drive, Scottsdale, arizona.
吉米抽出每一份文件
Jimmy pulled each and every one,
留我在这里大汗淋漓神志不清
then he left me here, sweating and delirious,
然后跑出去篡改了它们
while he went off to doctor them.
你需要复印机啊
You’d need a photocopier for that.
你去哪了 某个通宵营业的复印店吗
Where’d you go — some all-night copy shop?
经过小心剪切和粘贴后
With a little careful cutting and pasting,
他做好了复♥制♥品
he created duplicates —
跟原件几乎一模一样
virtually identical to my originals,
只有一处关键差别
but with one key change —
罗塞拉路1261号♥成了罗塞拉路1216号♥
1261 Rosella Drive u202dbecame 1216 Rosella Drive.
这听起来可是大工程
This is sounding like a lot of work.
没人说你懒
No one ever accused you of being lazy —
你有各种缺点 唯独不懒
every other sin in the book, but not that one.
如果你想知道
And if you’re wondering
吉米有没有能力伪造文书
if Jimmy’s up to a little casual forgery,
那我告诉你
you should know in high school,
他高中时就曾靠伪造身份证日进斗金
he had a thriving business making fake I.Ds
让他的兄弟们都有啤酒喝
so his buddies could buy beer.
高中的事你也提吗
You going all the way back to high school, huh?
你跟莫扎特一样
Hey, you and Mozart, huh?
都是从小就有天分
You both started young.
他回来之后 便把复♥制♥品夹在我的文件里
He came back here and put his new versions in my files.
然后 第二天
And then, the next day,
我那体贴的弟弟就离开了
my caring brother took his leave.
他知道我会用他篡改过的文件
He knew that I would use his modified documents
撰写梅萨维德银行的申请报告
to write Mesa Verde’s submission to the state regulator.
也确实如此 我一遍遍地
And so I did, over and over —
输入着1216 而不是1261
I typed “1216” instead of “1261.”
我当时还想 “罗塞拉路1216
I remember thinking, “1216 Rosella Drive —
“是1215年的下一年
“that’s just one year after 1215,
“是《大宪♥章♥》签署的第二年”
“the year the Magna Carta was signed.”
天哪 查克 你疯了吧
Jesus, Chuck, you are unbelievable.
所以你的意思是 里面这些文件
So, you’re saying, if we look in here,
上面的地址都是错误的
all the addresses will be wrong?
你当然不会留下证据
Well, of course you weren’t gonna leave evidence behind.
我猜昨天早上 你等到我走了之后
I’m guessing yesterday morning, you waited until I left,
用你的钥匙进了门
then used your key to let yourself in
把原始文件还了回来
and return the originals.
没有掩盖的犯罪是不完整的
No crime is complete without the cover-up.
天哪拜托
Oh, come on.
我为什么要这么做 为了什么生意吗
I did all this — what — for some business?
他都是为了你
He did it for you.
你对此肯定一点都不知情
Oh, I’m sure you didn’t know anything about it.
这肯定是他自己的主意
I believe he went off on his own
把这当成某种扭曲的浪漫之举
and did this as some kind of twisted romantic gesture.
查克 你应该躺下来
Chuck, u202dI think you need to lie down
用冷毛巾敷敷额头了
with a cold washcloth on your head.
现在你知道了 你别无选择了
And now that you know, you have no choice.
这事关委托人 一个被欺骗的委托人
This is about a client — a client who has been defrauded.
作为一名宣过誓的律师
As a sworn officer of the court,
作为梅萨维德银行的正式代理律师
as Mesa Verde’s attorney of record,
你只能去找凯文·沃弛泰尔
you have no recourse but to go to Kevin Wachtell
把这一切和盘托出
and make a full disclosure.
他这一整套说辞
This — This whole song and dance —
只是为了夺回他的委托人
it’s all about getting his client back.
-就是为了这个目的 -完全不是
– That’s all this is. – u202dNot in the least.
如果他们得知真♥相♥后仍然决定…
If, knowing the truth, they still decide to go —
你不能忍♥受他们选择了她而不是你
You can’t stand the fact that they chose her over you.
我不能忍♥受的是
I can’t stand the fact
我的亲弟弟在我背后捅刀子
that my own brother stabbed me in the back!
我不能忍♥受你欺骗了这位年轻的女士
I can’t stand the fact that you’ve deceived
-让她堕落至此 -“堕落”
– and ruined this fine young woman! – u202d”Ruined”?
现在是十九世纪四十年代吗
What is this — the 1840s?
你说什么呢 她才没有堕落
What are you talking about? She’s not ruined!
吉米
Jimmy.
如果你说的都是真的
If what you’re saying is true,
吉米会被指控伪造文书 诈骗
Jimmy could be charged with forgery, fraud,
伪造证据 甚至非法侵入
falsifying evidence, even breaking and entering.
坦白说 我也很难受
Frankly, I am sick about this.
但事实就是事实
But facts are facts.
你有证据吗
And what is your evidence?
证据
My evidence?
证据就是我十分了解我的弟弟
My evidence is knowing my brother for his entire life.
查克 还有别的解释
Chuck, I think u202dthere is another explanation —
一个更简单的解释
it’s a simpler one.
你看错了
You made a mistake.
我没有
I did not.
你在油灯下工作
You’re wororking by lantern,
眯着眼盯着那些打印出来的十磅小字
squinting over 10-point type for hour after hour.
错把1261当成了1216
Mistakenly changing 1261 to 1216
这是极其正常的事情
would be the most natural thing in the world.
我也可能犯这样的错
It could certainly happen to me.
我没有搞错
I did not make a mistake!
就是你搞错了
I believe you did.
我知道 你很喜欢吉米
Look, I understand that you have a — a great affection for Jimmy.
很多人都喜欢 但请你睁开眼睛
A great many people do, but please open your eyes here!
你犯了一个错误 你非但不去面对它
You made a mistake, and instead of just facing up to it,
反而指责你的弟弟陷害你
you accuse your brother of plotting against you.
编造出这么精心策划的阴谋
You come up u202dwith this elaborate scheme.
他做得出来
He’s capable of this!
我知道他能
You know he is!
我知道他有很多缺点
I know he’s not perfect!
我知道他喜欢走捷径
And I know he cuts corners.
但是你让他变成这样的
But you’re the one who made him this way.
他崇拜你
He idolizes you.
他接受你
He accepts you.
他照顾你
He takes care of you.
他只想要你的爱与支持
And all he ever wanted was your love and support,
但你只会对他指手画脚
but all you’ve ever done is judge him.
你从来不相信他
You never believed in him.
你从来不希望他成功
You never wanted him to succeed.
你知道吗
And you know what?
我为他感到难过
I feel sorry for him.
也为你感到难过
And I feel sorry for you.
天啊 干什么
Jesus! What? u202d
金 干什么
Kim! What?
给我 开车
Just drive.
好了 根据班级排好队
All right, line up by class!
去找你们的小伙伴
Find your buddy!
孩子们 过来
Okay, kids, come on.
我们上
Let’s go.
来 来
Come on. Come on.
-各就各位 -这边吗
– Plant yourself. u202d- All right. Here?
没错 这边
Yeah. Right there.
这么高就行了
About yea high.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!