Thank you both for coming.
别担心
And don’t worry.
请二位来不是来听我吹嘘HHM的
I’m not here u202dto extol the virtues of HHM.
我猜你们已经受够了
u202dI’m guessing you’ve already had to suffer through
霍华德对于律所的强行推销了
Howard’s hard sell first time around,
依我看 你们已经听够了
so you’ve done your time, as far u202das I’m concerned.
才不是强行推销 那只是热情待客
What hard sell? It was enthusiasm.
我还给他们拿了饼干呢
I gave them cookies.
饼干还挺好吃的
Cookies were good, as I recall.
我今天来是想让你们放心
No, I’m here to put your minds at ease.
金·韦克斯勒
Kim Wexler is,
的确是处理梅萨维德业务的不二人选
indeed, the right choice to handle Mesa Verde.
选择她很明智
She’s the obvious choice.
她年轻又聪明 前途无量
She’s young, she’s brilliant, she’s going places.
咱们面对现实吧 霍华德
Let’s face it, Howard.
她才是未来
She’s the future.
像我俩这种老人家 已经过时了
Two old guys like us, we’re the past.
真是让人悲伤的看法
Well, that’s a sad thought.
悲伤但现实
u202dSad but true.
银行法…需要激♥情♥
Banking law… needs to be exciting.
需要下一代崛起的新秀
It needs the next generation to come along
为它注入新鲜血液
and give it a big, old kick in the seat of the pants.
真正唤醒它
Really wake it up.
我告诉你们我有多无聊
Let me tell ya how boring I am.
我靠读FEC和ISO报告来打发时间
I read FEC and ISO reports for entertainment.
没错 我能证明
He does. I can attest to that.
我想努力跟上潮流
Well, I try to stay up on things.
规则时刻在改变
The rules are changing all the time.
安然和世通出事了以后
With everything that’s happened with Enron and WorldCom,
政♥府♥格外警惕
the government is extra vigilant.
现在 即便是最无心的过错
These days, the penalties for even the most honest
也可能招致毁灭性的后果
of errors can be devastating.
你需要年轻敏锐的眼光把握这些动向
You need a sharp, u202dyoung eye to catch that stuff.
当你已经在这个领域
I mean, when you’ve specialized in this kind of work
纵横了十多年 就会变得有点…
for decades on end, you tend to get kinda…
-陈腐 -陈腐
– Stale. u202d- Stale.
你会变得很陈腐
You get stale.
你会忘掉那些 譬如
You forget about things like, oh, I don’t know,
《社区再投资法案》
the Community Reinvestment Act.
像梅萨维德银行这样想设新支行的银行
Any bank such as Mesa Verde looking to open a de novo branch
必须展现符合该法案的
is definitely going to need to show a healthy portfolio
健康投资组合
of CRA compliance.
当然是开玩笑了
Duh. Obviously.
我相信这方面你们肯定都做好了
You guys have all that covered, I’m sure.
《里格-尼尔州际银行和分行效益法》
Riegle-Neal Interstate Banking and Branching Efficiency Act —
真是拗口啊
there’s another mouthful, huh?
无聊
Boring!
不过如果你违反该法律
Still, u202dif you were to run afoul of it,
可能得打上好几年官司
it could hold you up in court for years.
顺便 如果你们在没有我们的情况下
And by the way, uh, if that were to happen to you folks
发生这种事 不过当然不会了
as you go forward without us, which it will not, um,
霍华德在美联储有人能够帮忙处理
Howard has contacts at the Fed who could help sort things out.
一两个吧
One or two.
还有证券交易委员会对
And then there’s the SEC’s interpretation
《萨奥法案》302节的阐释
of Section 302 of Sarbox.
小心行事
Well, navigating that correctly
可以省下好几十万呢
could mean savings of several hundred thousand dollars.
他们很清楚呢 霍华德
They know that, Howard.
抱歉
Aapologize.
人到了一定岁数
When you reach your golden years,
就会变得有点啰啰嗦嗦
you tend u202dto get a little long-winded,
老是念叨着一些细节
ramble on and on about details.
我想说 你的银行在可靠的人手上
My point being, u202dyour bank is in excellent hands.
我明白你想说什么 真的
Look, I take your point. I do.
但我要说
But I have to say,
我对韦克斯勒女士很有信心
I have complete confidence in Ms. Wexler.
你是该如此
You should.
她在我们团队中待过
She was part of our team.
她师从我们
She learned from us.
找不到比金·韦克斯勒更合适的人选了
You won’t find better than Kim Wexler.
但是不管她多么优秀
But no matter how talented one individual may be,
梅萨维德的业务太重 一个人没法做
the needs of Mesa Verde are too big to handle alone.
我是不会单独处理你们今后的扩张
I wouldn’t handle u202dyour coming expansion alone.
所以你应该再考虑一下
Which is why you should consider, once again,
交给我们这样专业的团队
enlisting a team of professionals.
-很高兴能与你们见面 -随时恭候
– Glad we did this. – u202dAny time.
我们时刻听候你们的差遣
We are there for you day and night.
很高兴见到你 佩奇
Lovely to meet you, Paige.
我也是 谢谢
And you. Thank you.
回见 先生们
Talk soon, gentlemen.
查克 那…
Chuck, that…
真是太棒了
That was amazing.
你真是太棒了
You were fantastic.
真…查克
Trul– Whoa. Chuck?
送我回家
Get me home.
欧尼
Ernie! u202d
撑住
Hang on.
我们还是要谢谢你
Again, we want to thank you
能够接待少校
for accommodating the Major like this.
开什么玩笑 这是我的荣幸
You kidding? It’s an honor.
为了战争英雄 可以小小地破个例
For a war hero, I think we can bend the rules a wee bit.
真的很感谢你
Well, we really appreciate it.
塔尔博特少校的孙子只在城里再留一天
Major Talbott’s grandsons are only in town for one more day,
他们能跟他一起分享这次经历真是太好了
so it’s great they get to share this experience with him.
这将是你们永生难忘的经历
You guys are in for a real treat.
激动吗
You excited?!
是啊 很激动
Y-yeah, excited.
他们是你儿子吗
So, these are your boys?
不 我…我是他们家的律师
No, I’m — No, I’m the family attorney.
能帮就帮一把 所以我打给了你
I just help when I can, so I called you.
很高兴为你们效劳
Well, u202dI am glad to be of service.
就是她了
And here she is.
先生们 这是菲菲
Gentlemen, meet FIFI,
世界上最后一架在任B29超级空中堡垒
the world’s last u202dair-worthy B-29 Superfortress.
原本在德州基地 但是暂时飞到这儿
She’s based in Texas, but she’s here for a quick visit,
鼓舞飞行员的士气
just kind of a morale builder for the airmen.
不过大家现在正在吃午饭
The crew’s on lunch, unfortunately.
不然我还想带你们看一下内部
Otherwise, I was gonna see about showing you the inside.
很美吧 “软糖”
Isn’t she a beauty, Fudge?
就像你以前开过的飞机一样
Just like the one you used to fly.
-软糖 -没错
– Fudge? – Yep.
西奥多·”软糖”·塔尔博特少校
Major Theodore “Fudge” Talbott.
他的妈妈在战争期间
His mom used to mail him
会给他寄软糖爱心包裹
care packages of fudge during the war,
他会分给他的朋友
and he shared them with his friends.
的确是这样吧 伙计们
So that’s the story. Right, guys?
-是啊 -是的
– Yes. – u202dYeah.
先生 这一定勾起你的回忆了
Well, sir, this certainly must bring back some memories for you.
他说”太多了”
“Too many to count,” He says.
我得说塔尔博特少校
I gotta say, Major Talbott…
这是我的荣幸
it’s a privilege.
感谢您为国家效力
So thank you for your service.
他说”你客气了”
He says, “You’re welcome.”
我真羡慕你们
Boy, I envy you guys.
你们一定听过他的故事
I mean, the stories you must’ve heard.
有哪些不错的故事吗
You remember any good ones?
-大多是关于轰炸的 -关于轰炸
– Bombing stuff mostly. – Bombing stuff.
比如战争
Um, like, um — like, the war.
他飞越过喜马拉雅吗
Did he fly over the Hump,
或者从印度起飞过吗
or did he take off out of India?
你没事吧 你要喝水吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!