律师和虱子的区别在哪
What’s the difference between a tick and a lawyer?

Oh, no.
你死了 虱子就会离开你的身体
The tick falls off when you’re dead! Bam!
律师在你死后还会缠着你
好喜欢这个
Love that one.
你喜欢这个吗 我只是开玩笑
You like that? Just joking.
你要知道 我对我的职业是认真的
I want you to know u202dhow seriously I take my job.
我真的很感谢 对了
I’m, uh, grateful for the — oh.
换一个电灯泡要几个律师
How many lawyers does it take to change a light bulb?
这个很经典
Classic setup here.
三个 一个爬梯子 一个摇晃梯子
Three — one to climb the ladder, one to shake it,
还有一个起诉生产梯子的厂家
And one u202dto sue the ladder company.
很经典
Comedy gold.
-我能说一整晚 -接着说
– I’m here all night! – More. Go, go.
好的 好好好
Okay. Okay, okay, okay.
有人要甜点吗
Dessert, anyone?
我们有自己做的蓝莓酥饼配香草冰激凌
We have a homemade blueberry crumble with vanilla ice cream.
蓝莓酥饼 好呀 听起来好棒
Yeah, blueberry crumble — sounds terrific.
我喜欢有水果的 蓝莓的
I love a fruit-based, uh, blueberry —
-等等 我也想起来一个 -快说
– Wait. I think I know one. – Oh, bring it on.
好啊
Yeah, yeah.
律师和精♥子♥的共同点是什么
Um, what do lawyers and sperm have in common?
这个
Oh, just… u202dUm.
三百万 不不
3 million — no, wait.
三百万分之一
Um, 1 in 3 million…
-有机会成为人类 -有机会成为人类
– have a chance u202dof becoming a human being. – Of becoming a human being.
这个我喜欢
Love that one.
晚餐还不错 你觉得呢
Well, that went well, don’t you think?
当然 还是要谢谢你
Sure. Thanks again.
我不知道你在担心什么
I don’t know u202dwhat you were worried about.
吉米挺好的
Jimmy’s great.
是挺好的 不 他有点
Yeah. No, he’s…
没什么
Yeah.
明天要做什么
So, what’s going on tomorrow?
十点要帮戈恩斯泰特作证词
Well, I’ve got the u202dGernstetter deposition at 10:00,
午饭后要连开几场合伙人会议
Back-to-back partner meetings after lunch.
应该不会太晚
It shouldn’t be a late one.
那女的事情你想得怎么样了
Thought any more about what’s-her-name?
那也关系到你的名声 不是吗
It’s your reputation, too, you know?
我们周一先从柴可夫斯基开始
Well, we start the Tchaikovsky on monday,
我看看结束时她的状态怎么样
so I’ll see what kind of mood she’s in when we wrap.
聪明
Smart.
二十五个律师被水泥埋到下巴了 你该说什么
What do you call 25 attorneys buried up to their chins in cement?
-水泥还不够 -什么
– Not enough cement. – u202dWhat?
詹姆斯·麦吉尔
你好 这是金·韦克斯勒的语♥音♥信箱
Hello. You’ve reached the voicemail of Kim Wexler.
请留言
Please leave me a message,
我会尽快回复你
and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
又是我
It’s me again.
我想到了一个方法能帮你摆脱那里
Look, I think I found something that could help get you outta there.
我会弥补这一切的
I’m gonna make things right.
给我回个电♥话♥吧
Call me, would you?
你好
Hi.
抱歉 我没打算吓你一跳
Sorry. I didn’t mean to sneak up on you.
-我以为大家都走了 -没有
– I just thought everyone was gone. u202d- Nope.
我一般都待到很晚
I’m here late most nights.
顺便提一句 我在你办公室看到…
By the way, I noticed in your office…
你扔掉了一个易拉罐
You threw away a soda can.
你翻了我的垃圾
You’re going through my trash?
没有
No.
我只是午休时进去送文件
I was just dropping off papers at lunchtime,
无意中看到它在你的垃圾筒里
and I happened to notice it in your trash can.
我把它拿出来了 没事了
I fished it out, so it’s fine.
办公室的垃圾筒是扔可回收纸张的
Office cans u202dare for recyclable paper —
厨房♥里有个单独的大垃圾桶用来放塑料
there’s a separate big can in the kitchen for plastic,
玻璃和铝金属
glass, and aluminum.
我们这里十分重视生态足迹
We take our ecological footprint pretty seriously here.
好吧 也就是说
okay, so, the big can
大垃圾桶是扔我的威士忌酒瓶的地方
is where I should throw my empty Scotch bottles.
我明白的
No, I-I get it.
绿色生活
Go green.
好了 还有别的事吗
Good. Was there anything else?
是的 还有一件小事
Yeah, one quick thing.
我这里有你早上给克利福德的简报
I have the brief you gave Cliff this morning —
原告对被告动议的反对
the plaintiff’s opposition to the defendant’s motion?
我做了几个批注
I have a few notes.
应该挺清楚了
I think they’re pretty clear,
但如果我们能一起看一遍可能更好办点
but it’s probably easier if we just go over them together.
天啊 那是克利福德的批注
Jesus. Th-those are Cliff’s?
不 是我的批注
No, they’re my notes.
如果你有时间 咱们现在就过一遍吧
I’d love go to over them now, if you have a minute.
其实没看上去这么糟
It looks worse than it is.
只是…我们有特有的版式
It’s — it’s just that we have a particular house style.
无意冒犯
Okay, no offense,
不过 你是两年律师吧
But, uh, you’re a second-year associate, right?
-是的 -我有四年了
– Yep. u202d- And I came in as a fourth-year.
没错
That’s right.
那为什么一个两年员工要给四年员工做批注
So, why is a second-year giving notes to a fourth-year?
就像我说的 我清楚版式要求
Well, like I said, I know the house style.
是克利福德派你来当我保姆的吗
Does Cliff have you babysitting me?
不是
No.
这只是同事之间互相帮助
This is just one associate helping another.
比如这里 罗马数字标题
Like here, u202dthe Roman numeral headings —
全都要大写
we use all caps for those.
你用的是缩进 这当然没问题
And you indented them, which is perfectly fine,
不过克利福德更喜欢居中
but Cliff likes them centered.
差点忘了
Oh, and before I forget,
所有文件中 在句号♥后面都要空两格
we put two spaces after a period on all our documents.
这的确不是什么大事
I know it seems like a minor thing,
但这样页面会整洁得多
but really looks so much cleaner on the page.
你所做的引述有点多
You went a tad overboard with the quotations.
引用主导性法律意见是没问题的
It’s okay to present a quote from a controlling legal opinion,
但如果你引用过多
but when you use too many,
它会打乱你论述的节奏
it disrupts u202dthe flow of your argument,
而且让人感觉
and it gives the impression
你没法独♥立♥论述
you don’t know how to write an argument of your own.
你当然知道怎么写
u202dAnd I’m sure you do, so…
你有过度使用”显然” “无疑”之类词的倾向
u202dYou have a tendency to overuse the words “Clearly” and “Obviously.”
这其实还是个人见解的问题…
Again, it’s a matter of personal opinion —
我真的很感激 艾琳
I really appreciate this, Erin,
但是 我正打算走了
But, uh, u202dI was just on my way out.
我们能不能明天一早再继续讨论
So, if we could continue this first thing tomorrow morning…
我觉得我们应该现在就看完
Well, I was thinking we should just get ‘er done now.
分秒必争啊
No time like the present.
当然
Sure.
让我们卷起袖子 大干一场吧
Let’s roll up our sleeves and apply a little elbow grease.
太好了
Great!
我去拿我最喜欢的笔
So, I’m gonna get my favorite pen,
随即就去找你
and I will see you momentarily.
没问题
You got it.
韦克斯勒小姐
Uh, Miss Wexler?
你可以叫我金
You can call me Kim.
金 已经十一点四十了
Kim, it’s 20 to midnight.
你在问能不能走吗
Are you asking me if you can leave?
伙计们 我又不是你们上司
Guys, I’m not your supervisor.
不用因为我留下来
Don’t stick around on my account.
一起走吗 金
You coming, Kim?
随后就走
Right behind you.
只要完成最后这一份
Just finishing up this last one.
斯韦卡特和考科利
又打扰你了 谢了
Again, thanks.
杰苏阿尔多 你今晚可以不打扫吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!