Did you mean it?
当然了 绝对的 我…
Sure. Absolutely. I —
听着 我…
Look, I…
我要告诉你一件非常重要的事
I need you to understand something very critical here.
说吧
Shoot.
为了给你弄到这份工作 我拿我的饭碗作担♥保♥
I put myself on the line to get you this job.
好吧
Uh, okay.
我还以为是因为我擅长与老人打交道呢
I thought it was ’cause I’m sensational with old people.
那你以为是谁告诉他们的
Yeah, and who do you think told them that?
所以呢…这算是你帮了我吗
So, what — you threw me a bone?
不…混♥蛋♥
No…asshole.
你知道我相信你
You know I believe in you.
后来我也说服他们相信你
But then I made my beliefs known to them.
现在你做的一切在霍华德看来就代表着我
And now everything you do reflects back on me with Howard,
因为说到底 是我说服他冒险让你试一试
’cause ultimately, I talked him into going out on a limb for you, too.
你明白吗
Do you understand?
是…是我的承诺 是我的判断
It’s — it’s — it’s my word, it’s my judgment.
明白
Yeah.
你我都知道你能胜任这份工作
You and I both know you can do this job.
但拜托你用正确的方式
But please, you just have to do it right.
你得确保
Well… you want to make sure
电池的方向正确 不然没有用
you put in the batteries the right way or he won’t work.
然后合上盖子
Then you close them up.
然后…
And…
我觉得…我觉得这样就行了 小姑娘
I think — I think you’re good to go, young lady.
你捏一下它的脚试试
Why don’t you give his foot a squeeze?
它真好笑
He’s funny!
亲爱的
Oh, darlin’.
我就叫你…哼哼先生吧
I think I’ll name you… Mr. Snuggles.
你饿了吗
Are you hungry?
我去给你拿点土豆泥
I’m gonna get you some mashed potatoes.
这些钱应该够你撑过下个月了
That should get you through to next month.
麦克 谢谢
Mike, thank you.
但你其实没必要…
But you shouldn’t feel that you need to —
太迟了
Too late.
出什么事了
Something up?
感觉好像有什么事
Feels like something’s up.
不 只是…
No, it’s…
我睡得不够
I didn’t get much sleep.
-我的头… -抱歉
– My head’s… – I’m sorry.
跟我说这不关我的事 那我就不管了
You tell me it’s none of my business, I’ll drop it.
我不想让你担心
I don’t want you to worry.
我也不喜欢担心
Not the worrying kind.
前两晚 我听到了枪声
Last two nights, I heard gunshots.
第一晚 可能在一两个街区外
First night, they were maybe a block or two over
我惊醒了
and woke me up.
我第一反应是鞭炮声
My first thought was firecrackers,
我当时这么认为的
and that’s what I assumed at the time,
但是昨晚 我绝对没听错
but then last night — there’s no mistaking it.
一共三声
There was three of them.
很快 “啪啪啪”三声 更近了
They were quick — pop, pop, pop — closer.
好像…
It was…
他们就在房♥子外面
like they were right outside the house.
你报♥警♥了吗
You call the cops?
报了
Yeah.
警♥察♥一小时后才过来
Took them over an hour to get here,
在周围看了整整两分钟
then they looked around for a whole two minutes,
当然没什么发现
but by then, of course, there was nothing to see.
我今晚待这儿
I’m staying here tonight.
不用 麦克
No, Mike, no.
-没这个必要 -我没问题
– That’s not necessary. – No, it is not a problem.
我睡沙发
I’ll take the couch.
麦克 你问了我才回答
Mike, you asked, so…I answered.
别让我后悔告诉你
Please don’t make me sorry I told you.
凯莉 过来
Kaylee, come, hmm?
吃晚饭
Get your supper.
那科泉市呢
What about Colorado Springs?
283个居住者 发了283封信函
283 residents, and we sent out 283 mailers.
行 那有多少回函呢
Yeah, and how many response cards came back?

Zero.
零吗
Zero?
混♥蛋♥
Son of a bitch.
达纳 托尼 再见
Dana, Toni, have a good one.
再见 梅因先生
Bye, Mr. Main.
再见 梅因先生
You, too, Mr. Main.
克利福德 能谈会儿吗
Cliff, uh, could I have a second?
怎么了
What’s up?
是寄给矶鹞渡信函的事
Uh, yeah, it’s the Sandpiper mailers.
我们应该有约百分之十二到十五的回信
Yeah, we should be getting responses of like 12 to 15 percent,
但只有一两个点
but we’re getting ones and twos.
科泉市甚至为零
In Colorado Springs, zero.
怎么会这样
Wow. How can that be?
他们员工搞的鬼吧
I’m thinking it’s the staff.
信封交给居住者前就被员工扔了吧
They’re tossing the mailers before they can reach the residents.
可能是他们上级要他们这么做的
Maybe they got told to do it by the Sandpiper front office,
真可以以这个起诉他们
which would be actionable as hell.
前提是我们能证明 但很难证明
If we could prove it. Big “if.”
我需要更多人力才做得到
And to do so would take more manpower than I can spare.
我们现在先继续争取更多委托人
For now, let’s just stick with getting those client numbers up.
你最好另寻他法
Guess you better think of another way.
已经想好了
I think I got it.
电视广♥告♥ 更具针对性
TV commercial. Highly targeted.
告诉你 在矶鹞渡里一切都很准时
Let me tell you, at Sandpiper, the trains run on time.
墨索里尼会很骄傲
Mussolini would be proud.
将意大利塑造成整齐划一和严密控制社会的法♥西♥斯♥领袖
我至今拜访的每个人日程都完全相同
Every one I visited so far, same exact schedule.
上午十点 水中有氧操
10:00 A.M., water aerobics.
下午两点 队列舞
2:00 P.M., line dancing.
诸如此类
So on and so forth.
下午三点到四点都是自♥由♥活动
They always leave 3:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. free.
为什么 因为要看《女作家与谋杀案》[美剧]
Why? “Murder, She Wrote.”
这剧长盛不衰
It’s been in syndication since like the 1850s,
跟你说 只要电视里一开始演
and let me tell you, when that thing comes on,
那些老年人就像飞蛾扑捕虫灯一样
it draws the blue-hairs like moths to a bug zapper.
下午三点十四 第一段以悬念结束
3:14 P.M., end of the first-act cliffhanger,
进第一个广♥告♥ 戴维斯梅因律所
first commercial up, Davis & Main.
保证赚足眼球
Guaranteed eyeballs — lots of ’em.
矶鹞渡对此无能为力
There’s nothing Sandpiper can do about that.
我们几年前做过一个广♥告♥
We ran a commercial a few years back —
也是起集体诉讼案
another class-action case.
对我们算是新鲜玩意儿
Kind of a new thing for us.
我不习惯这么做
Now, it’s not exactly my go-to,
但我持开放态度
but generally speaking, I’m open to it.
我们下周再谈
We will talk next week.
真棒
Great.
一路平安
Safe travels.
朱利安出品
客户 戴维斯梅因律所
“间皮瘤”
如果你或你的家人被确诊患有
If you or a family member have been diagnosed
间皮瘤或相关疾病
with mesothelioma or related conditions,
你可获得经济赔偿
you may be entitled to monetary damages.
间皮瘤是一种罕见肺病
Mesothelioma is a rare lung disease,
通常因接触石棉患病
usually associated with exposure to asbestos,
石棉是已知致癌物
a known human carcinogen.
长♥期♥吸入石棉纤维
Long-term inhalation of asbestos fibers
会导致严重甚至致死疾病
can cause serious or fatal illnesses,
包括恶性肺癌
including malignant lung cancer,
间皮瘤和石棉肺
mesothelioma, and asbestosis.
我记得他们很努力才弄好那个
Remember they worked real hard to get that just right.
弄好什么
To get what just right?
波纹效果
Oh, the — the swirl.
他们想做得朦胧些 但又不要太朦胧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!