做得好 吉米
Well-done, Jimmy.
谢谢你 谢谢 克利福德
Thank you. Thanks, Cliff.
目前
Uh, right now,
我们正在整个西南地区寻找委托人
we’re in the process of mapping out the entire southwest,
优先锁定几家最大的矶鹞渡机构
targeting the largest Sandpiper facilities first.
凤♥凰♥城 科泉市 沃思堡 普罗沃
Phoenix, Colorado Springs, Fort Worth, Provo —
这还只是第一步
that’s just for starters.
我的理想目标是 月底前再签下两百人
Ideally, my goal — another 200 by the end of the month.
有了这么多人 我们有很大机会
With this many folks, we have an excellent shot
在各区的集体诉讼中
at a solid batch of plaintiffs
积累足够的原告人数
for the classes in each district.
非常好
Excellent.
期待你下一次汇报
Look forward to the next report.
接着是更棘手的议题 协调诉讼
On to a stickier wicket — coordinating actions.
抱歉
I’m sorry.
继续讨论之前
Before we move on,
我想再花点时间谈谈客户联♥系♥
I’d like to go back to client outreach just for a moment.
看到这些数据
Looking over these numbers here,
成果真是惊人 吉米
really, astonishing results, Jimmy.
真了不起
Incredible.
你这一趟阿马里洛之行
Your last trip to Amarillo,
带回了二十二个新委托人
you came back with 22 new clients.
-是二十四 -二十四
– 24. – 24.
我有点疑惑
I’m confused.
总共有多少人回复了我们的直达信函
Um, how many people out there actually responded to our direct mailer?
一个
One.
是的 好的
Oh. Right. Yeah.
阿尔玛·梅·厄尔巴诺太太
A Mrs. Alma May Urbano.
但你从一个回复里又搞定了二十四位新委托人
But you got 24 new clients from this one response?
这真是…
That is — Wow.
过奖了
Well, you’re welcome.
怎么 难道有问题吗
I mean, what? Is there a problem?
这难免会让某些人
Well, uh, might not some parties —
比方说 辩护方
the opposing counsel, for example —
发现这差异 因此认为
see this differential and conclude
这其中可能存在教唆之嫌
that there may have been some solicitation involved?
我没有教唆他们
I did not solicit.
我只想知道你如何解释你的成功
I’m just wondering how you account for your success.
因为这必定会引起
Because it will definitely raise eyebrows
斯韦卡特和考科利的质疑
over at Schweikart & Cokely.
抱歉但这是事实
I’m sorry, but it will.
特别是牵涉到老年人的案子
Particularly in a case involving seniors,
美国律师协会有关教唆的职业道德规范
for whom the ethical guidelines on solicitation
实际上就是为老年人而制定的
were virtually created by the ABA.
查克 我确定…
Chuck, I’m sure that —
吉米 如果你能解释明白
Jimmy, if you could clear this up,
会大有帮助
that would be helpful.
我去了阿马里洛探访一位客户
I went to Amarillo to confer with a client
确保我们在当地的案子
and to make sure that we had a solid,
建立在真诚可靠的基础上
good-faith basis for our case there, overall.
如你们所知
And as many of you are aware,
我拜访了比计划多得多的养老院
I’ve visited more than my share of retirement homes.
他们可是关系紧密的社群
These are close-knit communities.
消息传播得总是特别快
Let me tell you, word gets around real fast.
住二♥期♥的桃乐茜买♥♥了辆新的电动车
If Dorothy in Phase Two gets a new Rascal Scooter,
马上大家就知道了
well, it’s big news.
所以其他二十三位老年人主动找到你
So these other 23 residents, they approached you.
克利福德 在我踏进德州前
Cliff, they heard the scuttlebutt
他们早已听到了风声
before I crossed state lines.
我更没有必要挨家挨户拜访
And I certainly didn’t have to go knocking on any doors.
他们都很想和一位带来好消息
And is it any surprise that they want to speak
说他们有钱拿的人谈话
with the guy who was there to show them
这有什么好惊讶的吗
they may have money coming their way?
我得说 这么一想
I gotta tell you, with all that in mind,
我还可以做得更好
I should’ve done better.
有道理 霍华德
Makes sense. Howard?
查克
Chuck?
我们能继续了吗
We good to move on?
查克这也不是顺带一提
And, Chuck, not incidentally,
我们必须十分谨慎 这至关重要
it is absolutely vital that we dot our I’s and cross our T’s here.
谢谢你宝贵的意见
Invaluable. So, thank you.
完美的代价乃永恒的警惕
The price of excellence is eternal vigilance.
没错
Indeed.
协调
Coordination.
我们刚刚是谈到这里吧
I believe that’s where we left off.
没错
That’s right.
布莱恩 你负责这个 你来说吧
Brian, this is your thing, so why don’t you take this?
好吧
Sure.
考虑到这些案子所涉及的方面
Considering the dimensions of these cases,
进行具体分♥析♥和综合考量后
taken together and individually,
应该指定专人进行规划安排
it makes sense to designate someone to handle the scheduling.
我建议在戴维斯梅因成立一个小组
What I’m proposing is that we create a small team at D&M
专门负责协调单个诉讼及其之间的
dedicated specifically to coordinating all elements
所有因素
of the individual actions.
我们凡事都会告知哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所
We’ll loop in HHM on anything —
布莱恩 抱歉
Uh, Brian, I’m sorry.
抱歉打断你一下
Excuse me for interrupting.
我只是想说我同意查克的观点
Uh, I just want to say that I take Chuck’s point.
真的
I do.
就像凯撒之妻一样
I mean, this is, like, a wife-of-Caesar type of thing.
意即不能受到别人的怀疑
连教唆的意思都不能有
There can’t even be a hint of solicitation.
所以我准备不这么办了
So I’m gonna pull back.
好吧 不到矶鹞渡搞什么见面会了
All right, no more meet-and-greets at the Sandpiper facilities.
我会另想办法的
I’ll find another way to proceed.
吉米 这我们就交给你了
Well, Jimmy, we’ll leave that up to you.
联♥系♥客户是你负责的事
You know, client outreach is your department.
说到哪儿了来着
Uh, where was I?

Okay, right.
如果我们能在新墨西哥有更稳固的指挥中心
If we have a more consolidated nerve center here in New Mexico,
就能…
where the…
金 我该上哪儿搞尼德曼的供词
Hey, Kim, uh, where can I get a copy of that Neiderman deposition?
我有一份多的 吉米
I’ve got an extra Neiderman, Jimmy.
给你一份吧
You can have one of mine.
谢了 艾琳
Oh, wow. Thanks, Erin.
不客气
Yeah, no worries.
该死 我放哪儿了
Shoot. Where’d I put that?
谢了…
Thanks, that’s…
查克真是令人难以置信
Man, do you believe Chuck in there?
天啊 还教唆
Jesus. Solicitation?
我告诉你 我们当初拼命立案的时候
Let me tell you, when we were building this case,
我可是追在逛商场的八十岁老头后面
I was chasing down 80-year-old mall walkers.
这才叫教唆
That was solicitation.
但他有说我什么吗
But did he say “Boo”?
当然没有
Bullshit he did.
你在德州做了什么
What happened in Texas?
没什么
Nothing.
我做了我该做的
I did my job.
你没有在休息室里给那些老家伙载歌♥载舞吗
You didn’t do a song and dance in the dayroom for the old-timers?
没有 没有
No. No.
没…没在休息室里
Not — not in the dayroom.
吉米 教唆他人会让你被取消律师资格的
Jimmy, you know solicitation can get you disbarred.
这点很重要
This matters.
我认为最重要的是
Well, here’s what I think matters —
现在二十四名老年人有自己的代表了
24 senior citizens now have representation.
我去之前
Before I went,
他们根本不知道自己被剥削了
they didn’t even know they were getting ripped off.
现在他们有我们撑腰
Now they have us in their corner.
这怎么能不算一种胜利呢
How is that not a win?
你刚刚说你会另想办法
You said in there you’d find another way.
你是认真的吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!