Who cares?
这是为了我自己 好吗
This is for me, okay?
因为各种错误的原因 我开始从事法律
I-I got into the law for all the wrong reasons.
我相信自己的直觉
I’m trusting my instincts.
我的才华还是发挥在别处比较好
I think that my talents are better spent elsewhere.
在哪儿 漂在别人的泳池里吗
Where? Floating in somebody else’s pool?
吉米 你是个了不起的律师
Jimmy, you’re a great lawyer.
为什么要放弃
Why give that up?
也不是说我不享受做律师
I’m not saying it didn’t have its moments,
只是我所喜欢的事
but the stuff I liked about it —
说服别人 让别人信服
selling people, convincing people —
不当律师也可以做到
I don’t have to be a lawyer to do that.
还有 我知道别人怎么看我
Besides, people tell me how they see me,
他们并不把我当律师
and it’s not as a lawyer.
这是您要的酒
All right. Here you go.
谢谢
Thank you.
还需要什么随时叫我
Lemme know if I can get you guys anything else, okay?
波比 怎么样 伙计
Bobby, what up, brother man?
谢谢
Oh, thanks.
做空
Short it.
做空
Short it.
做空 把那垃圾做空
Short it. Short that shit.
那支股毫无价值 没有前途
That stock is useless. It’s got no legs.
就像马戏团的怪咖 但一点都不搞笑
It’s like a circus freak minus the fun.
那支更糟糕 谁跟你推荐的
And that one’s even worse. Who’s giving you these?
帮我一个忙 拿个枕头
Please do me a favor. Take a pillow,
放在那支股票的脸上
put it over that stock’s face
直到你听到垂死呻♥吟♥
until you hear the deathbed queef.
-是个赔钱货 -好吧
– It’s a loser. – Okay, so…
如果你不做律师 要做什么
if you’re not gonna be a lawyer, then what?
漂着等矶鹞渡的钱到手吗
Float around and wait for your Sandpiper money to roll in?
-不 -那可能要好几年
– No. – That could take years.
矶鹞渡跟这没关系
Sandpiper has no bearing on this at all.
这个有前途
Yeah, it’s got legs.
那好 有什么计划
Okay, then, what’s the plan?
用开放的心态迎接未来
To be open to the universe.
那就是没计划
Okay, so no plan.
随心所欲
Just walk the Earth,
像《低俗小说》结尾的朱尔那样吗
like Jules at the end of “Pulp Fiction”?
无论未来给我什么
Look, whatever the universe presents,
无论有什么样的机会 我都会接受
whatever opportunity arises, I will take it.
-无论什么样的机会吗 -是的
– Whatever opportunity? – Yeah.
戴维斯梅因律所不是一个机会吗
Wasn’t Davis & Main an opportunity?
是非常好的机遇 但你放弃了
It’s a great opportunity, and you’re walking away from it.
不是他 不是那个人…
Not him, not the guy who…
拒绝前难道不该至少试一下这份工作吗
Look, shouldn’t you at least try the job before you say no?
浪费所有人 包括我自己的时间
And waste everyone’s time, including my own?
金 谢谢你的关心 但那不适合我
Kim, I appreciate your concern, but it’s not for me.
我不想要
I don’t want it.
吉米 你记得你为司法考试学了多久
Jimmy, do you remember how long you studied for that bar?
你有多用功
How hard you worked?
所有努力都付之一炬吗
All that effort, you’re just gonna toss it away?
这是沉没成本谬误
That’s the Sunk Cost Fallacy.
认为已经花了很多时间 金钱和精力的事就应该继续下去
什么
W– The what?
沉没成本谬误 是赌徒行为
The Fallacy of Sunk Cost — it’s what gamblers do.
赔了夫人又折兵
They throw good money after bad
以为自己运气好 能回本
thinking they can turn their luck around.
我已经花了这么多钱和时间
It’s like, “I’ve already spent this much money or time —
无论怎样我都得继续
whatever, I got to keep going!”
但游戏最后是没有回报的
No, there’s no reward at the end of this game.
你错了
You are making a mistake.
我知道你错了
I know you’re making a mistake.
我这些年一直在做所谓正确的事
I’ve been doing the “right” thing for all these years now,
但我落得什么下场 糟透了
and where has it gotten me? Nowhere.
抱歉 我不…
I’m sorry. I don’t…
我没点
It’s not my thing.
我不懂
I don’t get it.
-我就是不懂 -这才是对的事
– I just don’t get it. – It’s what’s right for me.
扯淡
Donkey balls.
纯粹扯淡 伙计
Pure donkey balls, dude.
华尔街是废柴待的地方
Wall Street’s for suckers.
谁吃饱了撑的想去那儿啊
Who needs that aggravation?
如果股神巴菲特不非得待在那儿
If the the Oracle doesn’t have to live there,
那我肯定不去
then I sure as hell don’t.
我坐马桶上 用手提电脑就能交易
I can make a million-dollar stock trade on my laptop
一百万美元的股票
sitting on a toilet.
就像麦德斯往我王座上拉金砖
Like Midas, shitting gold bricks on my throne.
麦德斯 传说能点石成金的人
所以斯皮尔格曼和戴伊奇才这么想要我的生意
That’s why Speigelman and Deitch want my business so bad.
我是大金主
I’m a golden God.
我当然记得 谁会忘记那种事
Look, of course I remember that. Who forgets a thing like that?
那种屁话是被压抑弱势群体的愤怒
That fart had the anger of a repressed minority community.
你当着谁的面放这种屁
You fart like that in someone’s face,
他下辈子准得红眼病
you’re gonna give them pinkeye for life.
聊得很愉快 伙计
Good convo, bro.
下次再说 兄弟
Till next time, brutha-man.
跟我来
Come with me.
-什么 -来就好 相信我
– What? – Just come on. Trust me.
你要干什么
What are you gonna do?
你想明白我说的话
You want to understand what I’m talking about?
就跟我来
Follow my lead.
伙计 能帮我们解决一个赌局吗
Hey, buddy, could you settle a bet for us?
-我怎么 -抱歉
– I what? – Uh, sorry.
我并不想搞得像我在偷听
I don’t want to make it sound like I was eavesdropping,
但我不小心听到了
but I kind of was.
我们听到你说股票的事
Uh, we heard you talking about stocks.
那么问题来了
Yeah, so, question —
你能不能解决我和我妹妹的争论
if you could settle a debate between me and my sister.
算了吧 我们不该打扰这位…
Uh, you know what? We probably shouldn’t be bothering this —
我们一般不麻烦别人 是吧
We wouldn’t normally do this — right?
但我们需要一个专家
But we need an expert.
他听起来好像很懂行
This guy sounds like he knows his stuff.
没错 你说
Yeah, go.
行 问题是这样的
Okay. Here’s the question.
在股票市场中
Uh, when it comes to the stock market,
允许个人投资的金额
is there, like, a financial limit
有没有限制
to how much a person’s allowed to invest?
限制
A limit?
没 没限制
No. No limit.
我就知道 那如果是遗产呢
Knew it. Oh, even if it’s an inheritance?
比如 要交遗产税之类的
You know, with, like, inheritance taxes and whatnot?
同样没有
Nope. Same.
太棒了 谢谢 伙计
That’s — oh, fantastic. Thank you, buddy.
听到没 没限制 跟你说了我们能全投进去
See? No limit. Told you we could invest it all.
而且这也是明智之举
And it’s a smart move, too.
全存银行里 不行
Sticking it all in the bank? No.
没错 你可以投资所有的钱
Yeah. You can… invest all your money.
但确保要分散投资
Just make sure you diversify.
没错 分散投资
Yeah. Diversify.
那… 你得…
That’s — You got to —
你说的”分散投资”是什么意思
Oh, hey, um… what do you mean, “diversify”?
分散投资就是
Well, diversify is —
你听过一句名言
Y-you know that saying,
“鸡蛋别全放在一个篮子里” 是吧
“Don’t put all your eggs in one basket,” right?
一个道理
Same principle.
没错 有道理 谢谢
No, it makes complete sense. Thank you.
如果你能告诉你要投多少钱
Now, if I had an idea of the money we’re talking about —
大致数目 我可以教你精明地分散投资
ballpark — I could give you examples of smart diversification.
好吧…
Yeah, um…
听着 我们父亲那边的一位叔叔最近去世了
Look, an uncle on our father’s side recently passed,
给我们留下了大约一百四十万的遗产

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!