你不是为他工作
You wouldn’t be working for HHM,
查克不能左右戴维斯梅因律所
and Chuck can’t tell Davis and Main who to hire.
为什么是我
Why me?
这是为了扣税还是搞慈善啊
Is this like a tax write-off or a charity thing?
目的是什么
What’s the angle, huh?
吉米 我们一直在跟你的委托人联♥系♥
Jimmy, we’ve been talking to your clients,
矶鹞渡的那些老人
the Sandpiper residents,
他们一有机会就会问到你
and they ask about you every chance they get.
我不知道怎么回事 但他们很喜欢你
I don’t know what it is, but you have a way with them.
老人都爱我
Old people love me.
那就这么说定了
So…sounds good?
金 我无法想象你为此做了多少努力
Kim, I can’t imagine what you did to make this happen.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我也没做 太多
I didn’t do anything… much.
不管你信不信 霍华德也为此做出了努力
And believe it or not, Howard’s been pushing this, too.
老好人霍华德啊
Good, old Howard.
听着 周四上午十一点
Listen, we’re gonna be down in Judge Murray’s court
我们会在默里法官的法庭
on Thursday at 11:00.
戴维斯梅因律所的人也会在那儿
The Davis and Main people will be there.
那时候见他们再好不过了
It’d be the perfect chance for you to meet them.
周四上午十一点 好的 我准时到
Thursday at 11:00. All right, I’ll be there.
真的谢谢你 金
Thanks, Kim, really.
到时见
I’ll see you then.
所有原件都需复印并归档
All the originals need to be copied and filed.
我在盒子上写了 “复印和归档”
See, I’ve written right here on the box — “Copy and file.”
就是为了表达清楚
That’s to make it as clear as possible.
明白了 麦吉尔先生 还有什么需要吗
Got it, Mr. McGill. Anything else?
关于食品方面
Well, on the grocery front,
这次几乎都买♥♥对了
almost everything was right this time.
-太好了 -“几乎”
– Great. – Almost.
只是件小事 但按我的口味
Um, it’s a small thing, but to my taste,
澳洲青苹果有点儿太酸了
the, uh, Granny Smith apples are a bit too tart.
-你说的是那些绿色的对吗 -是的
– Those are the green ones, right? – Right.
我喜欢红色的那些 但不是红蛇果
I prefer the red ones, but not Red Delicious.
那些基本上没什么味道
Those are generally tasteless.
富士苹果应该上市了
Fujis should be in season.
这不是什么大事 但是
It’s not a major issue, but…
明白了 富士苹果
Yeah. Fuji apples.
没问题
Okay.
我还想喝豆奶
Oh, and I’d like to try soy milk,
所以可以买♥♥半加仑
so maybe a half gallon of that.
没问题
You got it.
谢谢 欧内斯托
Well, thank you, Ernesto.
非常感谢你能注意细节
I appreciate your attention to detail.
你不需要把这些都写下来吗
Do you need to write any of this down?
写下来更好
‘Cause it’s okay if you do.
到时记得住
You know, just to be sure.
富士苹果
So, Fuji apples.
你好 欧尼
Hey, Ernie.
最近怎么样 伙计
How you doing, man?
还不错
Good, good.
霍华德让你来照顾查克啊
So, Howard’s got you looking after Chuck, huh?
是啊 能多挣些
Yeah. It’s a few extra bucks, you know?
他怎么样
How’s he doing?
还可以 老样子
Seems okay, like usual.
本来咱可以去喝一杯的
I’d say we could grab a beer,
但他们等着我把文件带回公♥司♥
but they’re waiting on all that paperwork back at the office —
你懂的
You know how it is.
可不是么
Don’t I, though?
回头见 吉米
See you, Jimmy.
回头见 欧尼
Uh, see you ’round, Ernie.
你以前跟他打过交道吗
You done business with him before?
好的
Right.
我会去的
Yeah. I’ll be there.
戴维斯梅因 麦吉尔
Davis and Main and McGill.
很高兴见到你们
Great to meet you.
很高兴见到你们 先生们
Nice to meet you, gentlemen.
见到你们真是太好了
It’s good to meet you.
好
Nice…
挺快啊
Well, that was quick.
-不收费 -帮我想想
– No charge. – Help me out here.
我是在做梦 还是我办公桌上真的有
Did I dream it, or did I have $1,600,000
一百六十万美元现金
on my desk in cash?
闭上眼睛之后我还是能看到
When I close my eyes, I can still see it.
就好像我一直看着太阳
It’s burned into my retinas
灼烧着我的视网膜
like I was staring into the sun.
地球上没人知道我们有这钱
No one on god’s green earth knew we had it.
我们可以五五分成
We could have split it 50/50.
我们本可以每人带八十万美金回家 不用交税
We could have gone home with $800,000 each, tax-free.
你想说什么
Your point being?
我们为什么没那么干 什么阻止了我们
Why didn’t we? What stopped us?
我记得你说 要做对的事
I remember you saying something about doing the right thing.
我都不知道那是什么意思
I don’t even know what that means.
你想知道我为什么没拿那钱吗
You want to know why I didn’t take that money?
你是在问这个吗
Is that what you’re asking?
没错 我是想问那个问题
Yeah, that’s what I’m asking.
对我个人来说 别人雇我♥干♥活
Me, personally — I was hired to do a job.
我♥干♥完了 就结束了
I did it. That’s as far as it goes.
是啊 我知道是什么阻止了我
Yeah. Well, I know what stopped me.
听好了 它再也不会阻止我了
And you know what? It’s never stopping me again.