正确
Exactly.
那么他应该面朝哪个方向呢
Hey, which way is he supposed to be facing?
右 他应该面朝右的
Right — he’s supposed to be facing right.
好吧 那么为什么这枚币上是朝左呢
Okay, so why — why is this one facing left?
1963年11月22日
November 22, 1963 —
肯尼迪遇刺 对吧
Kennedy is assassinated, right?
举国哀恸
The whole nation goes into mourning.
人们开始把看到的每件东西都以他命名
They start naming everything in sight after him.
造币厂也想掺一脚
And the mint wants in on the act.
因此在六♥四♥年
So, in ‘6♥4♥,
他们决定把林肯五十美分币
they decide to change the Lincoln half-dollar
改成肯尼迪五十美分币
into the Kennedy half-dollar.
当初设计时 肯尼迪是面朝右的
When they design it, they put Kennedy facing right,
即面朝东 和林肯的朝向一样
facing east, just the way they had Lincoln.
你知道为什么吗
You know why?
东方象征着黎明
East symbolizes the dawn.
这也是为什么每座坟墓也是面朝东的 懂吗
It’s why pretty much every grave everywhere faces east, you know?
好让逝者的灵魂面朝初升的太阳
So the spirit of the dead person faces the rising sun.
这是丧葬习俗
You know, it’s a death thing. It’s a burial thing.
然而丹佛造币厂有个技术人员
But there’s one technician in the Denver Mint, right?
这个人 他相信肯尼迪政♥府♥的新疆界政策
And this guy — he believed in, uh, the New Frontier —
光辉岁月 这些施政理念
Camelot, the whole deal.
肯尼迪任美国总统时华盛顿的繁荣景象
因此肯尼迪遇刺对他是个毁灭性打击
So, the assassination just destroyed him.
当他看到币上肯尼迪面朝东方
When he sees that coin with Kennedy facing east,
面朝美国的过去时 他被激怒了
facing the American past, pissed him off.
所以他特立独行
And so he went rogue.
在没有告诉任何人的情况下
Without telling anybody,
他把设计翻了个面
he flipped things around
好让肯尼迪面朝西方
so that Kennedy was facing west,
朝向新疆界 朝向未来
towards the new frontier, the future.
铸造了大约三千枚这样的错币之后
Now, the mint struck about 3,000 of these
造币厂才发现其中端倪
before they figured it out.
这名技术人员被抓
They canned the guy.
有大约一千枚错币进入市场流通
About 1,000 of them made it out into general circulation.
后来大部分被追回
They managed to get most of them back,
然后被熔毁 不过…
melt them down, but…
还是有…
there are still…
大概两百多枚在外流通
…200-plus floating around out there.
你说啥 我没听清
What’s that? I didn’t catch that.
我什么也没说
I didn’t say anything.
你不介意吧 伙计
Do you mind, buddy?
我们正在聊些私事儿
We’re having a private conversation here.
这枚品相不算最好
This one’s not in perfect condition,
但市面上的价格
but on the open market,
我想它还是会值… 六到八百块
I’d say it’s worth… 600 or 800 bucks.
八百块
$800?
是的 不过我实在手头紧
Yeah, but I’m hard up,
所以一百块便宜出了
So I’ll take, uh, $100 for it.
你想让我出一百块买♥♥你的五十分硬币
You want me to give you $100 for a half-dollar.
我想让你出一百块 买♥♥价值八百块的硬币
I want you to give me $100 for an $800 coin.
算了吧 哥们
Yeah, I don’t know, man. You know?
我先去方便一下 你再想想
I’m gonna go drain the snake. Think about it.
那货在耍我 对吧
This guy’s playing me, right?
当然了
Definitely.
真是个王八蛋
Slick son of a bitch.
我看 我就应该…
You know, I should…
告诉你 我在沃巴什认识一个人
You know what? I know this guy on Wabash —
是个钱币商 我叔叔的朋友
Coin dealer, a friend of my uncle’s.
乔伊 用用你的电♥话♥行吗
Hey, Joey, can I use your phone?
-就打给本地人 -别打太久
– Local call. – Keep it short.

Right on.
我找找号♥码
Let’s see. Man.
我给他打个电♥话♥ 如果他说这是个骗局
I’m gonna call this guy, and when he tells me this is a scam,
你知道我要干嘛吗 我要报♥警♥
You know what I’m gonna do? I’m gonna call the cops
让那混♥蛋♥进局子
and get this scumbag thrown in the can.
你就是我的证人 行吗
You’re my witness, okay?
还面朝西
Facing west.
放狗屁
My hairy ass.
你好啊
Hey. How you doing?
我是阿尔文 戴夫·坦纳的侄子
Yeah, it’s Alvin, Dave Tanner’s nephew.
是啊是啊
Yeah, mm-hmm.
没错
Yeah, that’s right.
我要和你说件事 可不是开玩笑
Hey, this is gonna sound like the beginning of a bad joke,
我在酒吧里碰见个人
but, uh, I’m in this bar, and I’ve got this guy
满嘴跑火车
spinning this cock-and-bull story
想卖♥♥给我个五十分硬币
about this, uh, 50-cent piece he’s trying to sell me.
他说什么肯尼迪的脸
He says, uh — says Kennedy’s supposed to be
本应该是朝西的
facing west or something.
没错
Yeah
这样啊
Yeah?

Yeah.
提示音响时为下午五时十一分
At the tone, the time will be 5:11 P.M.
没错 他说的就是丹佛
Yeah. That’s what he said — Denver.
天哪 你没开玩笑吧
Jesus. No kidding?
-提示音… – 那个 我得挂了
– At the tone… – Well, listen, I got to go.
好吗 谢谢你
All right? Uh, thank you.
你可帮了我大忙
And I owe you one.
谢谢 乔伊
Thanks, Joey.
他怎么说的
So, what did he say?
这个嘛 他说 他也不太清楚
Yeah, you know, he — he didn’t really know much.
这样 给你五十块 我买♥♥你的硬币
I’ll tell you what — I’ll give you $50 for it.
才五十 卖♥♥一百块我都不赚
$50? I’m taking a bath at $100.
好吧
A-all right. Okay.
你看 我这有六十四块
Look, I got… $6♥4♥ right here.
这可是价值八百块的硬币
It’s an $800 coin, okay?
怎么能六十四块就卖♥♥给你
I’m not gonna sell it to you for $6♥4♥.
这样 你等着我 我马上拿一百块来
Okay, if you wait for me, I’ll get you 100 bucks.
-也行吧 -好吧
– I don’t know. – Okay.
哥们 我这儿有七十五块
Hey, buddy, I got 75 bucks right here.
对不起 一百块我才卖♥♥
I-I — sorry. I need $100.
没人和你说话
Hey, slick, nobody’s talking to you.
管好你自己的事就行了
Mind your own business, okay, come on?
那八十块现金呢
Cash money, $80.
你要是等等我 我等下给你一百一
Look, if you give me a chance, I’ll be back with $110.
等多久
How long will that be?
我不知道 我得先去赶火车 再回来
I don’t know. I got to catch a train, come back —
-一小时 最多一个半小时 -你知道吗
– Hour, hour and a half at the most. – Yeah, you know, this guy
-这人刚才还说要报♥警♥抓你 -我没说
– was getting ready to call the cops on you. – No, I was not.
什么 你怎么这样
What? Why would you do that?
这都是他胡编乱造的
That — that — now this guy is making shit up!
我这儿有一百一
Hey, I got $110 right here.
-就卖♥♥给你了 -不行不行
– Sold. – No! No, no, no, no, no, no.
人家给的可是现金
This guy’s got the cash. Now…
-你不能这样 -拿好
– Don’t do that. – Here, take care of that.
这可是有历史价值的
That’s history right there.
-你怎么能这样 -怪你自己没钱吧
– Hey, you can’t do that. – Hey, money talks.
游戏结束 你输了
You lost. It’s over.
什么结束 你放什么狗屁
No, it’s not over. No, that’s crap.
你要去哪你
And where do you think you’re going, huh?
哥们 别碰我
Hey, back off, dude.
你把硬币给我 我就放你走
Yeah, I’ll back off when you give me the JFK back.
乔伊 快报♥警♥
Hey, Joey, call the cops.
这人抢了我的钱
This guy just tried to rip me off.
他才是骗子 我谁也没骗
Hey, this guy’s a liar. I did not rip anybody off.
你怎么没骗
Yes, you did!
你敢回来 看我揍不死你
You come back in here, and your ass is grass!
我上头有人
I got friends, buddy!
记住了吗 你个死骗子
Do you hear me?! You double-dealing bastard!
我朋友一抓一大把
I got friends!
你真棒

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!