It’s one of the perks of living in Chuck-land —
没插座
nowhere to plug in.
但今晚在吉米家
But tonight — it’s Jimmy-land.
有杜松子酒 龙舌兰酒
I’ve got gin, I’ve got tequila,
还有上好的肯塔基波旁酒
I’ve got good Kentucky bourbon,
这些酒你随便挑
and you may partake with me in any beverage of your choice
只要你能听我痛骂
on one condition — you have to listen to me rant
你老板是个不折不扣的王八蛋
about what an absolute unwashed asshole your boss is.
吉米
Jimmy.
这是事实 别为他辩白
No, nah, it’s true. Don’t deny it.
他已经傻♥逼♥到了
He has reached a level of douchebaggery
会遗传给后世子孙的程度
that will live on for generations —
被风语者代代相传
passed down by wind talkers and the like.
他宁愿让一个几百万的案子打水漂
He’d rather tank a multi-million-dollar case
也不愿跟我合作
than work with me.
有毛病 他脑子有病
That’s — that’s sick. He has a sickness.
他这么讨厌我吗
No, he hates me that much?
我更讨厌他 你喝什么
I hate him more! What you drinking?
吉米
Jimmy.
没错 我想抓着他的针织领带
Yeah, I want to grab him by that stupid knit tie of his
把他甩飞
and swing him around.
-吉米 -“哈姆林靛蓝”
– Jimmy. – “Hamlindigo blue.”
-不如叫”哈姆林舔烂我” -吉米
– How about “Hamlindigo blow me”?! – Jimmy!
我觉得你应该接受他的条件
I think you should take the deal.
什么
What?
我觉得你该好好想一想
I think you should slow down and think about it
因为接受他的条件绝对是你最好的选择
because taking the deal really is the best thing for you.
你可以找间体面的办公室 自己的办公室
You’ll find yourself a proper office — your office.
积累实践经验
You’ll build your practice.
不用理会哈姆林和他的律所
You’ll leave Hamlin and HHM behind —
自己创业
be your own man.
你希望我放弃这个案子吗
You want me to give up the case?
我的案子
My case?
我希望你快乐
I want you to be happy.
我知道你放不下这个案子 但是…
And I know you want to stay with the case, but…
你可以毫无风险得到全部报酬
You’ll get all the financial reward without the risk.
这能叫差吗
How can that be bad?
你来这里帮那个混♥蛋♥说话
You come here peddling that horseshit on me?
给你好处你就替他卖♥♥命是吧
God, you?! You sure know where your bread is buttered, huh?
你不愿意跟老板作对是吧
You don’t want to go up against the boss. Is that it?
你简直 你简直就是他的走狗
You’re like a — you’re like a damn pod person.
哈姆林答应你什么好处
What did Hamlin promise you?
别告诉我一点好处就把你收买♥♥了
Please, tell me he didn’t buy you off cheap.
他承诺给你那间办公室了吗
Did he promise you the office I asked for?
还是发誓绝不把你轰下楼
Or did he just swear never to move you back downstairs?!
接受他的条件
Take the deal.
狗♥娘♥养♥的
Oh, son of a bitch.
吉米
Jimmy?
天 你什么时候进来的
Jesus, when did you come in?
不知道 我把表放在外面了
I don’t know. I…left my watch outside.
大概一小时前来的吧
You know, maybe an hour ago.
你准备熨衣服吗
Are you doing some ironing?
没错 我…
Yeah, I…
我知道昨天事情不太顺利
Hey, I know things didn’t go well for us yesterday,
但是 回办公室的感觉很不错
but, boy, being back in the office sure felt good.
相当棒
Really good.
万一我有更多活 我得做好准备
I want to be prepared in case any more work comes my way.
太空毯穿西装里面
And the space-blanket lining in the suit —
这主意真棒
what a fantastic idea.
走出家门再也不是煎熬了
It really made being outside m-much more tolerable.
待会我想在小区周围
I’m thinking about taking a little walk
散会儿步
around the block later on.
真棒 查克 你该出去转转
That’s great, Chuck. You should do that.
吉米 你没事吧
Jimmy, are you all right?
我昨晚没睡
Well, I didn’t sleep last night,
一直在思考
so just doing some soul searching,
我决定了
and I — I came to a decision.
我接受哈姆林的条件
I’m gonna take that deal.
你确定
You’re sure?
这是你想要的吗
This is what you want?
金找我谈了 我很生气
Kim talked to me. I got pretty nasty.
做这决定我并不自豪 但想想她说的话
I’m not proud, but thinking about what she said,
不要这笔钱我不成傻子了吗
I’d be a fool to pass up that money.
钱是不少
It is a lot of money.
我根本不想和霍华德合作
And I have zero interest in working with Howard,
所以我和他还是各做各的比较好
so it’s probably best that we keep to our separate sandboxes.
希望一切顺利
Wish it could have worked out.
你能想象吗
Yeah. Imagine that, huh?
麦吉尔兄弟并肩跨入法庭大门
The two McGill boys side by side storming the gates,
弘扬正义 惩恶扬善
righting wrongs, taking down the bad guys,
而且还大把大把地赚钱
and making a boatload of money to boot.
实在是太棒了 不是吗
That would have been great, right?
最棒的
The very best.
-是啊 -是啊
– Yeah. – Yeah.
我来搞定霍华德
I’ll keep on Howard.
我不会缠着他不放 但也许可以慢慢拖垮他
I won’t badger him, but maybe I can gradually wear him down,
让他回心转意
You know, get him to come around.
真是 谢谢
That’s — thanks.
你真是
Wow, you…
有一个如此照顾我的哥哥真是太幸运了
I’m so lucky to have you looking out for me.
我尽量 没说一定能成
I’ll do what I can. I’m not promising anything.
我懂 没那么容易
No, I get it. It’s a long shot.
他可能会改变主意
Hey, he might change his mind.
是啊
Yeah.
也许你有办法
Hey, maybe there is a way
能让霍华德改变主意
that you could get Howard to change his mind.
-什么办法 -辞职
– How? – Quit.
-吉米 不行 -不 这很完美
– Jimmy, n-no. No, no, no. – No, no, it’s — it’s perfect.
我们已经谈过了
We’ve already been through all of this,
我跟你说了我不会离开律所
all — all the reasons I’m never gonna leave HHM.
不不 但你不是真的退出
No, no. You — but you don’t have to really quit.
你只是威胁要退出
Okay, you just threaten to quit, right?
你就跟霍华德来一场博弈
You get in a game of chicken with Howard.
他不得不让步 不然律所就会垮
He’s got to blink, or HHM goes under.
这计划太棒了
It’s — it’s a perfect plan.
-吉米 -如果你希望
– Jimmy — – If that’s what you want,
咱俩能一起工作
you know, u-us working together.
你可以轻而易举地实现
You can make it happen — easily.
我是说
I mean, hey.
昨天你在律所受到的接待
That reception you got yesterday at HHM —
感觉怎么样
How about that, right?
所有人都为你鼓掌
The whole lobby of HHM applauding for you.
他们爱你
They love you!
现在你威胁要退出
Now, you threaten to pull out —
哈姆林绝对不敢惹毛你
Hamlin would be insane to screw with you.
你手上可拿着杀手锏呢
You’ve got the nuclear option.
一旦你按下发射键
Launch the doomsday device.
他们就玩完了
Game over —
如果你真想跟我一起工作的话
If working with me is what you really want.
怎么样 查克
Right, Chuck?
是你打电♥话♥给他
You called him.
是你打给哈姆林
You called Hamlin.
我把手♥机♥放进邮箱之前都会关机
I always turn my phone off before I put it in your mailbox.
两晚前 手♥机♥是开着的 第二天没电了
Two nights ago, it was left on — battery drained.
而且我十分确定把它关了
And I was so damn sure that I turned it off,
因为我一直这么干
you know, ’cause I always do.
这是习惯
It’s a habit, right?
所以我就在琢磨 一直在想
So, it was nagging me. It was nagging me!
所以我打给电♥话♥公♥司♥
So I called the phone company.
结果发现当晚两点有一条被删除的通话记录
Turns out, there was a deleted call at 2:00 A.M.,
那时候我就在那儿睡觉

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!