麦吉尔先生 你跟查尔斯·麦吉尔是亲戚吗
Mr. McGill, are you related to Charles McGill?
他是我哥哥
He’s my brother.
是吗 他最近怎么样
Yeah? How’s he doing these days?
我不知道这有什么关系
I – I fail to see the relevance of this.
坦白讲 我打这通电♥话♥的唯一原因就是
Frankly, the only reason that I made this phone call
出于对查尔斯的尊重
was out of respect for Charles
而你可能跟他是亲戚关系
on the off chance that you might be related to him.
我的搭档建议最好的回应就是
My partner suggested that the best response
地方法♥院♥可以惩处提起非正当诉讼的律师
根据第十一条法规对你进行惩处
would be to send a Rule 11 letter and have you sanctioned,
但我不想直接走那一步
but I didn’t want to jump to that immediate length.
这样吧 你别吓唬我了
Hey, how about you stop trying to rattle my cage
请正面做出回应
and just, you know, respond to the merits?
这就是我的回应 麦吉尔先生
This is my response, Mr. McGill…
你威胁说要提起诉讼并非出于善意
You have no good-faith basis to threaten any litigation.
这是勒索 你我心知肚明
This is a shakedown, and we both know it.
如果你非要得寸进尺 我也没办法了
Now, if you push this any further, my hands will be tied.
抱歉在晚上打扰你
Sorry for interrupting your evening.
享受《魔笛》吧
Enjoy “The Magic Flute.”
来吹我的魔力”长笛”吧
Blow my magic flute.
该死
Son of a bitch!
吉米 你在干什么
Jimmy, what are you doing here?
查克
Oh, uh, Chuck, um…
很抱歉我这个样子
Sorry to… show up like this.
我只是需要一个地方工作
I just needed space to work.
这都是什么
What is all this?
你在我的餐厅干什么
What have you done to my dining room?
他们在销毁证据 矶鹞渡那些人
They were spoliating — the Sandpiper people.
他们不让我进去
They wouldn’t let me in,
我能看到他们在粉碎文件
and I could see that they were shredding.
我写了律师函 并交给了他们
I wrote them a demand letter, and I gave it to them.
-你闯进了养老院吗 -是生活协助中心
– You broke in to a nursing home? – Assisted living.
你偷了他们的垃圾
And you stole their garbage.
-天哪 -不 垃圾桶在公共区域
– My god. – No, it was in public.
没有上锁 什么都没有
There was no lock, no nothing.
我把盖子打开 就在里面了
I just lifted the lid, and there it was.
这种情况下又没什么隐私可言
There’s no reasonable expectation of privacy
难道不是吗
in that situation, is there?
如果流浪汉可以睡里面
You can’t say it’s private
那就不能称之为隐私
if a hobo can use it as a wigwam.
这是标准 不是吗
That’s — that’s the standard, right?
如果动物或者流浪者可以进入的话
If animals or vagrants can get in?
差不多是这样的
More or less, yes.
所以这些都是合法的
Okay, so this is all legal.
完完全全合法的
I mean, it’s completely above-the-belt legal.
我只需要弄清楚他们在试图掩盖什么
I just need to figure out what they’re trying to cover up.
一般人不这么粉碎文件
You know, you don’t shred like this
除非要隐瞒什么事 对吗
unless you got something to hide, am I right?
-也不一定 -得了吧 查克
– Not necessarily. – Oh, come on, chuck.
我这个律师出现
A lawyer shows up,
开始调查他们的小阴谋 之后就粉碎文件
starts figuring out their little scheme, and suddenly this?
这绝不是巧合 这里面一定有鬼
No, it’s not a coincidence. It’s in here.
至少不是横切的
Well, at least it’s not crosscut.
横切的纸张更细碎 更难阅读
我不会影响你的
Look, you won’t even know I’m here, okay?
我只需要一个安静的地方
I just need some space and some quiet,
而且我弄完了就走
and I’ll be out of your hair as soon as I —
停下停下 没关系的 你可以在这儿工作
Stop, stop. It’s okay. You can work here.
谢谢
Thanks.
我不介意有人陪伴
I don’t mind the company.
你需要一杯咖啡
You look like you could use a cup of coffee.
天哪 当然
Good god, yes.
我去煮咖啡
I’ll put it on.
抬起来
Up, up. Up.
上帝啊
God’s sweet sake.
太好了 你醒了
Oh, good. You’re up.
天哪 查克 我睡了多久
Well, jesus, Chuck, how long have I been asleep?
查克 你怎么
Chuck, how did you…?
真不敢相信
I — I can’t believe this. Uh…
谢谢你 你真帮了大忙
Uh, thank you. This is a huge help.
我感觉就像是在暴风雪中铲雪
I felt like I was shoveling snow in a blizzard.
越来越明了了
Well, it gets better.
这是什么
What’s this?
这就是确凿证据
It’s your smoking gun.
这是 注射器的发♥票♥
It’s a, uh… invoice for syringes.
没错 从哪里来的
Yes. From?
莫里西医疗用品 内布拉斯加州林肯市
Morrissey Medical Supply — Lincoln, Nebraska.
-所以呢 -相信我
– So? – Trust me.
现在我们需要查看判例法
Meanwhile, we need to start pulling case law —
1961到1968年间
any precedent dealing with 18 U.S.C.
任何跟美国法典第18章相关的
1961 to ’68.
也许查看1978年修订的《新墨西哥州法令》
Probably not a bad idea to pull 30.47.1
第30章第47节第1款也是个不错的主意
from NMSA…uh, 1978.
我其实觉得那没什么用
I don’t think that’s gonna play, really,
但对我们来说是个不错的开始
but it’s a good opening salvo for us.
等一下 “我们”
Wait, “us”?
我们要一起处理这个案子吗
We’re working together on this?
你来决定啊 吉米
Mm. That’s up to you, Jimmy.
因为
‘Cause —
好了
All right.
好了好了 开始工作吧
All right. All right. Let’s get to work.
-我是金·韦克斯勒 -美女 你好啊
– Kim Wexler. – Hey, gorgeous.
一上来就甜言蜜语
Oh, man. Sweet-talking right out of the gate?
你想要什么 快说
You want something. Make it fast.
-我急着回家 -好
– I want to go home. – Okay, okay.
你能帮我在万律数据库里查个东西吗
Will you look something up for me on Westlaw?
求你了
Please?
还好我比较好说话
You’re lucky I’m a pushover.
好了 说吧
All right. Hit me.
谢谢
Thank you.
塞迪玛控告因克士公♥司♥一案
Uh, anything on Sedima v. Imrex,
均为促成《反诈骗和腐♥败♥组织法案》的经典案例
施莱辛格控告迪士尼一案
Slesinger v. Disney,
霍姆斯控告证券投资者保护公♥司♥一案
Holmes v. S.I.P.C. —
别急 慢点 迪士尼
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down, slow down. v. Disney.
还有霍姆斯控告证券投资者…
Holmes v. S.I.–
-保护公♥司♥ -对
– D.C.- Yeah.
还有1978年修订的《新墨西哥州法令》
And, uh, anything on 57.12.1-24
57章12节1到24款
NMSA, 1978.
好吧
Uh, okay.
你最好给我划个范围吧
It would help if I knew what you were looking for here.
没范围 我要所有信息
Anything, everything.
什么 你是让我光给你念摘要么
What? You want me to just read you the head notes or something?
不是 全打印出来 整个案子
No, no, print it — full cases,
还有其他引用过这些案子的案例
and any cases that cite to those cases.
每一个援引过的案子都不放过
Shepardize like the wolf’s at the door.
天呐 吉米 这得有好几千页呢
Jesus, Jimmy, that’s gonna be thousands of pages.
求求你了
Pretty please with sugar on top?
你还欠我个人情呢
Come on. You owe me one.
没错 但这得忙好几个小时呢
Yes, I do, but this is gonna take hours.
-还有 谁出钱 -霍华德
– And who do I bill it to? – Bill it to Howard.
他的工号♥是
I still remember his code —
1933 刚好是希♥特♥勒♥掌权那年
1933, same year Hitler came to power.
呵呵 我才不能把账记我老板头上
You’re not funny. I’m not billing it to my boss.
那记你头上吧 我回头还你
How about yours? I’ll pay you back.
吉米 这可得三四百块呢
Jimmy, this is 300, 400 bucks worth of printing.
让会计发现了 我就别想干了
The accountants will find it and I’ll get fired,
此路不通
which sounds fun and all, but no.
好吧 稍等
Okay. Hold on a sec.
金没有工号♥不能打印
Uh, Kim can’t print without a code.
我能不能过去做些笔记 然后再回来
Should I go over there, take notes, and come back?
算了 那得抄到什么时候