Uh, I’m gonna take a short break,
有人需要我提供法律援助
’cause somebody needs legal help.
詹姆斯·麦吉尔先生办公室
Offices of James McGill,
请问您要找谁
Esquire. How may I direct your call?
好的 好的 没问题 请稍等
Yes. Yes, of course. Um, one moment, please.
又见面了
Déjàvu. Hello, again.
-很高兴见到你们 -你好
– Good to see you. – Nice to see you.
有什么需要我帮忙的吗
So, how may I be of service?
我们想雇你当我们的律师 麦吉尔先生
Well, we would like to hire you as our attorney, Mr. McGill.
真的吗
Wow. Really?
但是我们有一些条件
However, we have certain conditions,
你必须接受
and these are not up for debate.
我们不想坐牢 完全不想
We want no jail time — zero.
克雷格是清白的 我们希望你能证明
Craig is innocent, and we expect you to prove that.
我们不想再让他的名声遭到如此诽谤
We won’t see his name smeared like this any longer.
能先别着急吗
Um, can we back up just a scooch?
上次你们还非常肯定
‘Cause last time we spoke, you were very enthusiastic —
坚持要委托哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所
you were positively insistent about being represented by HHM.
没事 不用加
Well, uh… That’s all right.
我们意见不合
We’ve parted ways.
为什么呢
May I ask why?
我们不同意他们的辩护策略
We…disagreed with their defense strategy.
好吧
Okay.
他们当我们是罪犯
They treated us like we were guilty.
之前拒绝我为你们代理 而现在…
So, your previous objections to my representing you are now…
抱歉 上次是我没想清楚
Oh, I’m sorry about my bluntness at our last encounter.
很不幸
Unfortunate.
没错 但我们
Yeah, I — but we really —
我们对此非常抱歉
we’re very sorry about that.
我们深思熟虑过后
We thought long and hard about it,
我们…
and, um, we…
考虑到你的热情
And, you know, given your passion
和你敢于挑战的态度
and your can-do attitude… mm-hmm. Mm-hmm.
我们真心
…we really —
-相信你就是我们的律师 -没错
– We just believe that you’re the lawyer for us. – For us, yes.
这么说真是抬举我
Well, as flattered as I am by this,
但自从上次以后
um, since we last spoke,
我转变了主攻领域
I’ve changed my area of specialization,
现在专注于老年法
so I concentrate on Elder law now.
但你说过会全力帮我们
But, I mean, you said that you would fight for us.
没错 你当时…相当坚定
Yeah, you… you were — you were adamant.
你答应过帮我们拿到无罪判决
You promised to get us a not-guilty verdict.
我不是这么答应的
I don’t think I exactly promised that.
你说我们会是头号♥委托人
You said we would be client number one,
全天候待命
morning, noon, or night, and —
没错 我当时是认真的
Yes, and I meant what I said, at the time,
但是今非昔比
But times change.
但我们已经付了预付金
But we’ve already paid you a retainer.
没错 预付金
Right. A retainer.
你们就这么叫吧
That is what you called it.
这是你们律师的术语
That was your specific terminology.
抱歉我失陪一下
It — could you excuse me for a moment?
我憋了很久了
I, uh, had a big gulp on the way over.
你好
Hey, there.
有意思
Funny story.
我再次找到了属于你的东西
I found something that belongs to you — again.
-是吗 是什么 -是”谁”
– Yeah? What? – “Who?”
想象一下弗兰德夫妇主演《第25小时》
Picture “The 25th Hour,” starring Ned and Maude Flanders.
《辛普森一家》的角色
天 凯特尔曼夫妇吗
Oh, christ. The Kettlemans?
今天还流失了其他客户吗
You lose any other clients today?
没错
Yeah.
疯子先生和太太
Mr. And Mrs. Cuckoo Bananas
把辩护的肥差给了我
just offered me the plum job of defending them.
他们去找你了
They came to you?
可不是嘛
Yeah, I know.
我不清楚你怎么惹毛了他们
I don’t know what you did to piss them off,
但肯定不得了
but it must have been good.
他们说了什么
W-What did they tell you?
没说什么 只说了你
Not much, just, uh, that you treated them
-把他们当罪犯 -天哪
– like they were guilty. – Jesus.
吉米 我知道…
Look, Jimmy…I know…
这样要求很过分
I know this is a lot to ask,
但你得说服他们回我们律所
but you have to convince them to come back to HHM.
-是吗 -没错
– I Do, Huh? – Yes.
求你了 这很重要
Please. It’s important.
-你觉得值吗 -吉米 我没说笑
– What’s it worth to you? – Jimmy, I’m serious.
他们离开是因为他们觉得能打赢官司
They left because they think they can win this case,
但他们赢不了
but they can’t.
根本没什么有利因素
I managed to scrape together —
我东拼西凑才提出一个协议
from practically nothing, I might add —
他们应该感到幸运才是
a deal they should feel lucky to have.
这才是最有希望的办法
This is their absolute best bet.
求你了…
Please…
告诉他们 回来是更好的选择
make them understand it’s better for them if they come back.
跟我说说这协议
Tell me about this deal.
老年法
Elder law?
我不知道他什么意思
I don’t know what that is.
我也不知道
Yeah, me neither.
老年 你觉得…
Elder. Do you think…
也许如果我们老了…
Maybe if we were old —
久等
Sorry. Whoo! Oh.
膀胱到底能装多少呢
The mysteries of the bladder. Right?
所以怎么说
So, how do we get started?
要签那份合同吗
Do you need us to sign that little paper?
我感到非常抱歉
I am — I am very sorry,
但我恐怕接不了你们的案子
but I’m afraid I can’t take your case.
我的日程排得满满当当
My schedule is just — it’s just chock-full right now.
强烈建议你们回哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所
I highly encourage you to go back to HHM.
我确定他们会非常欢迎你们
I’m certain they would welcome you with open arms.
不 我们不回去
No, we’re not going back there.
跟他们…合不来
They were… incompatible.
我懂
I understand.
他们让你们面对残酷的现实
They asked you to face some harsh realities,
我理解 没人喜欢
and I get it — no one likes that.
但最重要的是金·韦克斯勒是个好律师
But bottom line here — Kim Wexler is a fine attorney.
她和地方检察官关系很好
She has a great relationship with the D.A.
虽然我很想自吹自擂
Much as I’d love to sing my own praises,
但我很可能搞不定
I doubt I could get you a deal
比她更好的协议
as good as the one she already has.
我们不想要”协议”
Okay, we don’t want a deal.
我们希望你 我们的律师 还他清白
We want you, our lawyer, to exonerate Craig.
“还他清白”
“Exonerate”?
有点言过其实了
That is, uh — that is a big word,
特别是你们这个官司
particularly in your case.
我们不会接受什么协议
Yeah, there will be no deal.
我们根本没贪 谈什么协议
There is no money with which to make a deal.
我们不要再自欺欺人了好吗
We — can we all three just parachute down from cloud cuckoo land?
因为我们心知肚明 钱是有的
‘Cause we know, without question, there is money.
-不 没有 -我清楚地记得为了这袋钱
– No, there… – I distinctly remember a spirited game
我们曾激烈地拔河呢
of tug-of-war over this money,
这笔钱我们讨论了好久
Money which we then discussed at length.
你找了很多借口
You made many excuses
来为这笔钱辩护
justifying your possession of said money.
钱是有的
It’s there. It exists.
拜托 我快要疯了…
S-shh. Now, just, please, for my own sanity…
你们不可能把一大袋钱藏一辈子
You can’t hide a big bag of cash forever,
也肯定花不了其中的一分钱
and you certainly will never be able to spend any of it.
所以还是回律所 向韦克斯勒小姐道歉
So, go back to HHM, apologize to Ms. Wexler,
然后接受那个协议
and for Christ’s sakes, take the deal.
如果真有钱的话
If there were any money —