They have stainless in here.
我家都不是不锈钢
I don’t even have stainless at home.
这些话你们可能不想听
I know this is the last thing you want to hear.
但我认为 陪审团不太可能
I think your chances of getting a
给出有利于我们的裁决
favorable ruling from a jury are very slim.
什么意思
What does that mean?
我们没有绝对把握胜诉
We’re not in a great position to win at trial.
但我们雇你们
But we came to you people
不就是因为你们说能打赢官司吗
because we were told you win cases.
胜诉并不等于获得有利裁决
Winning doesn’t always mean getting a favorable verdict at trial.
每一件案子中 我们都努力帮助委托人
We try to achieve the best possible outcome
取得可能的最好结果
for our clients, given each individual case.
坦白说 我们费尽心思 才让你们免于逮捕
Frankly, we’ve worked very hard to stave off an arrest.
你们野营的故事造成了些误会
After the misunderstanding about your, uh, camping trip,
地检官认为你们可能是畏罪潜逃
the D.A. was concerned you might be a flight risk.
畏罪潜逃
A flight risk?
可我们只是待在自家后院
We — we were practically in our own backyard.
我们也是这么告诉地检官的
That’s exactly what we told the d.A.
不管怎样 我们已经为二位想出一个
In any case, I think we’ve managed to come up with a deal
此时最有利的协议
that is very favorable under the circumstances.
协议 我可不喜欢这个词
A deal? I hate that terminology.
1994年前美式橄榄球运动员
辛普森(O.J. Simpson)杀妻一案
他们给辛普森的就是个”协议”
A deal is what they got O.J.
贝茜 也许我们应该
Well, Betsy, maybe we should, you know,
-先听听看 -这词听着就很可怕
– hear it. – I’m just saying, it’s terrible term.
那到底是…什么样的”协议”
What kind of…deal?
如果检方要提起诉讼
If the prosecution decides to file,
目前看来这很有可能
which is definitely the direction this seems to be headed,
并且扣给你一堆罪名的话
and if they choose to stack charges,
克雷格 你就得蹲三十年的大牢了
Craig, you’re looking at 30 years in prison.
-三十年 -这是最坏的估计 考虑到
– 30 years? – That’s the maximum, and given the nature
这些罪名的性质和目前的政♥治♥环境
of the charge and the current political environment,
我们应该做好这个准备
I’d say we should expect it.
公众对此类案件的反感会影响裁决
The public outcry in cases like these is a big factor.
不过 我们和地检官进行了几番交涉
However, after much discussion with the D.A.,
他也希望此事越低调越好
who is also invested in keeping the press to a minimum,
于是我们达成了一致
we have arrived at an arrangement,
你要在郡监狱服刑十六个月
which would include 16 months in a county facility.
十六个月
16 months.
比起三十年已经少很多了
Down from 30 years.
你也很有可能提早出狱
And you most likely wouldn’t serve all of it.
但他必须认罪
But he would have to say he was guilty.
认罪和恢复县财政这两个条件
Admitting wrongdoing and making the county whole again
帮了很大的忙 所以才给了最低量刑
goes a long way here — hence the minimal sentence.
什么叫”恢复县财政”
Uh, “Making the county whole again”?
这包括归还160万
It includes the stipulation that you return $1.6 million
挪用的公♥款♥
in misappropriated funds.
-把钱还回去 -但根本没有钱
– Give back the money? – But there is no money.
-没有钱 -早就说了 克雷格是无辜的
– There’s no money. – We told you — Craig is innocent.
我理解
I understand.
但是我还是想强调一下
However, I’d like to emphasize again
这个协议是减少克雷格刑期的最好机会
that this deal is Craig’s best chance of minimizing jail time.
你是告诉我们
You’re telling us
大街上这么多毒贩子和杀人犯
there are drug dealers and murderers walking the streets,
放着他们不抓
but instead of going after them,
偏要把一个无辜的人关起来
they want to put an innocent man in jail.
没有别的办法…了吗
There’s no other…way?
不好意思 我觉得目前看来
I’m sorry. I think, under the circumstances,
这是你们最好的选择
this is your best option.
杀人犯和强♥奸♥犯就是这样…
Murderers and rapists, and this is how they tr–
好吧 我们没有钱 根本就没有钱
Okay. There is no money. There never was.
你必须在庭审上讲明这一点
You have to take this to trial.
听着 这个选择的确很困难
Look, you have a difficult,
但对你们来说也是最直接的办法了
but nevertheless straightforward choice to make here.
一方面 你们把钱交出来
On one hand, you give up the money,
-认… -我刚说了 没有钱
– plead… – Ah! I just told you — there is no money.
认罪 我知道这很痛苦
Plead guilty — it’s painful, I know —
坐一年半的牢
And go to jail for a year and a half.
但其他选择…毫无出路
But your other choice — that is no choice at all.
如果上庭 很有可能败诉
If you go to trial, you’ll most likely lose,
克雷格就得坐几十年的牢
and Craig goes to prison for decades.
你们的孩子只能在探视日去监狱
Your children will grow up seeing their dad through bars
见他们的爸爸
on visiting day.
换我肯定不会犹豫
I know what I’d do.
我会接受协议
I’d take the deal.
两年后 你就能从头再来
Two years from now, you can be starting over.
我知道很困难
It’s tough, I know…
但你们不会向困难低头
But you’re tough people.
而且你也该为你的家人考虑
And your family is worth it.
我还是让你们俩商量几分钟吧
Why don’t I give you a few moments to discuss this?
我知道这个决定很重大
I know it’s a big decision.
我们不用商量
We don’t need to discuss it.
你被炒了
You’re fired.
要不去我的办公室再讨论讨论
How about we go to my office and discuss this?
肯定还有别的办法
I’m sure there’s a solution.
没必要
That won’t be necessary.
我们不需要你们代理了
We will no longer be requiring your services.
我们真的不是针对你
Yeah, it’s not personal, really.
如果你对我们提供的选择不满意
If you’re unhappy with what we presented to you,
也许还有别的办法
there may be other directions we can go.
没什么好谈的了 别跟着我们了
We’re done here! Please stop following us!
别回头
Don’t look back.
只向前看 人生中只向前看
Only look forward. Always in life, look forward.
O70 O70
O-70! O-70!
宾果游戏 游戏者根据叫号♥描出BINGO图案即胜出
太棒了 人到七十精神爽
Oh, yeah. 70’s a good age.
好了 埋头看仔细了
All right, duck your heads,
下一个数字要出炉喽
’cause here comes another number.
N32
N-32.
游戏还在继续
And the action never stops.
要立遗嘱吗 找麦吉尔
希望大家都带了速效救心丸哦
I hope you all took your heart pills,
这实在是太刺♥激♥了 对吧
’cause it’s almost too much excitement, right?
到底会是哪个数字呢
Which one will it be?
祈祷吧 来了
Say your prayers. Here it comes.
好了 接下来是G48
All right, we’ve got G-48 —
就是盖伊·伦巴度[小提琴家]的首字母哦
“G,” as in “Guy Lombardo.”
G48
G-48.
把自个的手管牢了 别动手动脚的
Keep your elbows to yourselves, okay? No body-checking.
下一个是什么呢
All right, what do we have here?
咱们来看看 B6
Wait for it. B-6.
幸运之B6 就像维他命B6
Lucky B-6, just like the vitamin — all right —
你们要吃的那种
which you should be taking.
让你们的胃肠道健康运动
Keep things moving in the old G.I. Tract.
宾果
Bingo!
有人赢了
Oh, we have a winner!
幸运女神再次降临
Lady luck has struck again.
举起手来 让大家看看
Let’s see a hand so we know who’s won.
是后面那位可爱的女士
It’s the lovely young lady in the back.
恭喜你 女士 你赢得了…
Congratulations, Miss. You’ve won a, um —
这位可爱的女士赢得了什么
What do we have for the lovely lady?
笔记本
Notebook.
没错 是一本精致的笔记本
Yeah, it’s an adorable notebook.
你喜欢猫咪吗 贵姓…
Do you like cats, Miss, uh…
艾琳 我爱猫咪
Oh, Irene. I love kitties.
我养了两只暹罗猫 奥斯卡和费利克斯
I have two Siamese cats — Oscar and Felix.
费利克斯会给自己洗澡
Felix can wash himself.
奥斯卡不行 它…就是不行
Oscar won’t. He — he just won’t.
多么有趣啊 谢谢你
What a lovely story. Thank you.
你能把这个给艾琳吗
Um, can you take that to Irene?
你回来了帮我顶一下 行吗
And when you come back, cover — yeah?
我要休息一小会

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!