When did you first experience these symptoms?
肯定是…
Oh, it must have been…
你一年半以前离开公♥司♥的
Y-you left the office 18 months ago.
既然这样 那肯定有两年了
Huh. Well, in that case, uh, must have been almost two years.
两年
Two years?
那你也算是忍♥了很久了
That’s a — that’s a long time to live with discomfort.
又来了
Oh, there it is.
你觉得我疯了
You think I’m crazy.
我没这么说
I never said that.
你是没说 因为你很有礼貌
No, you didn’t, because you’re very polite,
但你是这么想的
but you think it.
不然你不会跟我提什么送精神病院
Otherwise, you wouldn’t be talking about commitment.
你不喜欢谈论那个吗
You find that idea distressing.
谁他妈会喜欢
Who the hell wouldn’t?
我觉得这样对待一个
I — I find it inappropriate
肉体上遭受折磨的人实在是太不人道了
for a person suffering from a physical condition.
只要跟我多待段时间
Anyone who’s spent more than a few minutes with me
就会知道这不是我的幻觉
knows that this isn’t some kind of delusion.
你同意吗 金
Wouldn’t you agree, Kim?
她当然同意
Of course she does.
我又不是医生
Well, I’m not a doctor.
你都认识我快十年了
You’ve known me for the better part of a decade.
你见过我表现出任何征兆
Have you ever seen me exhibit any sign —
任何精神疾病的征兆吗
any sign whatsoever of mental illness?
看到没
See?
如果我觉得你能治好我
I-if I thought for one second you could cure me,
相信我 我绝对会把握这个机会
believe me, I’d jump at the chance.
但恕我冒犯
But with all due respect,
找精神病医生是行不通的
psychiatry doesn’t have the answers.
我愿意一试
I’d very much like to try.
第43章第一条第十一点 E13部分
Section 43-1-11, part E13.
“入院申请要与病人的
“The proposed commitment is consistent with
“实际治疗需求相吻合
“the treatment needs of the client
并且要避免采取极端手段”
and with the least drastic means principle.”
你们觉得让我忍♥受这种痛苦一个月
Do you think subjecting me to this kind of pain for a month
不算是极端手段吗
is the least drastic means?
还不如把他扔到削木机里一个月
He might as well spend a month in a wood chipper.
我知道你很难受 真的
I understand your frustration. I do.
你显然头脑非常清楚
You’re obviously a highly intelligent man
只是身体状况不如人意
in difficult circumstances.
我能问你个问题吗 只是我个人好奇
May I ask you a question, just for my own interest?
你怎么解决你的一些日常需要呢
How do you meet the needs of daily life?
要照明怎么办呢
What do you do for light, or…
或者怎么准备食物
how do you prepare food?
我用无铅汽油灯
I use white-gas lanterns.
煮饭的话我有个便携炉
For cooking, I have a camp stove.
我还有个冷却器 要不停往里面加冰块
I have a large cooler I keep filled with ice.
虽然不好用 但还凑合
It’s not ideal, but I make do.
我知道了
I see.
谢谢
Well, thank you.
如果你不介意的话
Would you mind if I took a moment
我能和你弟弟谈谈吗
to speak with your brother?
谈完后确认下你的钱包还在自己身上
Oh, uh, make sure you still have your wallet when you’re done.
真好笑
Funny guy.
吉米
Jimmy.
我想回家
I want to go home.
这招太损了
That was a dirty trick.
那不是什么花招 是为了证实
That wasn’t a trick — it was a demonstration.
他对电流不过敏
This allergy to electricity isn’t real —
只是某种深层情绪的表达
It’s a manifestation of something deeper.
我没说百分百是真的 好吗
I’m not saying it’s 100% real, okay?
但是查克比咱们俩加起来都聪明
But Chuck is smarter than you and me put together,
所以没办法说服他
so we’re not talking him out of this,
我也不会让他住到橡胶室[治疗精神病]里
and I’m not sending him to a rubber room.
没人说要送到橡胶室
No one is talking about rubber rooms.
有专家能…
There are specialists who will —
他看过专家了
He’s seen specialists, okay?
这里到丹佛最好的医生都看过
The best doctors from here to Denver,
没人能帮得上忙 谁也不行
and none of them helped — not one.
所以你是打算放弃了吗
So you’re ready to give up.
谁要放弃了
Who’s giving up, huh?
一直是我在照顾他好吗
I’m — I’m the one doing the heavy lifting here.
他说的无铅汽油灯–
That white gas he was talking about —
你觉得是谁给他的
who do you think brings him that?
还有牛奶 面包 厕纸
And milk and bread and toilet paper
冰块 他的一切必需品
and ice and every other damn thing he needs.
你是在帮他还是纵容他
Is that helping or enabling?
如果你在监护权听证会上作证
If you testify in a custodial hearing,
他就能得到需要的帮助 你有能力这么做
he can get the help he needs — that’s in your power.
非自愿被送入精神病院
To be committed involuntarily,
他必须对自己或他人构成威胁
he has to be a danger to himself or others.
他确实很危险
And he is.
室内用科勒曼汽油灯 便携炉
Coleman lanterns indoors, a camp stove?
他有可能把房♥子烧了
I mean, he could burn his house down
甚至把整个小区都烧着
or the entire neighborhood,
到时候他就得在精神病院呆十几二十年了
and then you’re looking at a commitment of 10 to 20 years.
要是
What if —
要是他在家中伤了他自己怎么办
What if he just hurts himself in a household accident?
他怎么呼救
How does he call for help?
你有能力帮助你哥哥
You have the power to help your brother —
给他真正的帮助
truly help him.
你逃避不了这个现实
Ignoring this won’t make it go away.
要是你你会怎么做
What would you do?
我只知道
All I know is…
他需要帮助
he needs help.
放了他
Untie him.
我要带他走
I’m getting him out of here.
护士会把出院登记表拿给你
A nurse will bring you the release forms.
总算来了
Oh, boy.
-吉米 吉米 -我找到他了
– Jimmy. Jimmy. – I found him.
我觉得我应该等你来
I thought I’d wait till you got here.
太好了 他怎么样了
Great. How’s he doing?
好多了 正在休息
Better. Resting.
那就好
Good.
那个 吉米…
Uh, Jimmy…
我已经和地检官谈过了
I want you to know that I’ve talked to the D.A.,
他绝对不会在任何入院书上签字的
and he absolutely will not sign off on any commitment papers.
这是身体问题 不是精神上的问题
This is a physical condition, not a mental one.
查克心智很健全
Chuck is of sound mind.
在这一点上我们应该能达成一致
I think we can all agree on that.
你干得真好啊 霍华德
You’re a real peach, Howard.
你当然不希望查克被送进精神病院
Of course you don’t want Chuck committed.
是啊 我是不希望 我为什么希望
No, I don’t. Why would I?
因为如果查克入院了
Because if Chuck were committed,
我就会成为他的法定监护人
then I’d become his legal guardian,
就可以让他从律所撤股了
and I cash him out of HHM.
天哪 吉米 你确定
Jesus, Jimmy. Now?
他还躺在那里 你真的要谈这个吗
You want to hash that out while he’s lying in here?
日光浴床肯定把你脑子烧坏了
You know, the tanning bed must have melted your brain
如果你花一秒钟想一想
If you think for one second —
伙计们 我们的重点应该是查克
Guys — Chuck. That’s why we’re here.
对 别跑题
Yes. Let’s stay on point.
我们是在谈论一个人的健康问题
We’re talking about the well-being of a man
我们都很爱他
whom we all love very much.
问题是有点复杂
There’s many factors at play.
但请勿夹杂恶意
Spite doesn’t have to be one of them.
知道吗 霍华德
You know what, Howard?
你没来之前我还在犹豫
I was on the fence till you showed up,
多谢你帮我做了决定
but thanks for helping me decide.
跟你的摇钱树说拜拜吧
Wave bye-bye to your cash cow,
因为你马上就会失去它了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!