and hamlindigo blue, constitutes a trademarked brand identifier.
等等 你说啥
Whoa, whoa. Back up.
哈姆林靛蓝
Hamlindigo blue?

Yes.
那是我们注册的名字
That is our trademarked name.
天啊
Holy crap.
你真的管一个颜色叫”哈姆林靛蓝”
You seriously named a color “Hamlindigo”?
真是 哇
That is — yikes.
“哇” 从一个穿着和我一样的人嘴里冒出来
“Yikes”? From the man dressed exactly like me.
法官大人 我感觉
Your honor, I feel like
我在和格劳乔·马♥克♥思♥做镜子表演
I’m in the mirror routine with Groucho Marx,
美国喜剧演员
我们应该站着 向对方挥手
like we should be standing, waving our arms at each other.
真的吗 我可看不出来
Really? I don’t see it.
另外 出现在两个商标上的名字麦吉尔
In addition, the name McGill appears in both logos,
我认为 麦吉尔先生是想
which, I believe, Mr. McGill is hoping
让潜在客户更加迷惑
to further confuse potential clients.
所以我连自己的名字都不能用吗
So I can’t advertise under my own name now?
就因为恰巧和他们律所的一个合伙人
I’m to be penalized ’cause I happen to
名字相同 就要被处罚吗
share a name with one of HHM’s partners?
你不能不让我用自己的名字
You can’t take my name from me.
名字不是现在的问题 麦吉尔先生
The name is not the problem here, Mr. McGill.
哈姆林先生显然认为是问题
Uh, Mr. Hamlin certainly seems to think so.
他想让我改名 因为他声称
I mean, he wants me to change my name ’cause he claims that —
这对他的事业造成了一些威胁
that — what — it’s some kind of threat to his business?
法官大人 这是贸易管制
Your honor. This is restraint of trade, okay?
现在不是自♥由♥市场吗
Whatever happened to the free market, huh?
不 哈姆林是想告诉你…
No, Hamlin here wants you to tell —
好 够了 麦吉尔先生 我听够了
Okay, Okay, I’ve —- enough. Mr. McGill, I’ve heard enough.
好 你有权利
All right, yes, you are within your rights
用你自己名字做广♥告♥
to advertise using your own name.
但是 根据我的判断 这个广♥告♥牌明显
However, in my estimation, the billboard clearly
有意抄袭了
and intentionally duplicates elements
哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所的商标
of the Hamlin Hamlin & McGill logo.
你是主动抄袭他们已成立的品牌
You’re actively copying their established brand
谋求个人利益
for your own gain.
我不认为还有其他合理解释
I don’t see any other reasonable explanation.
-法官大人 我… -吉米 吉米
– Your honor, I — – Jimmy, Jimmy.
放聪明点
Wise up.
这个广♥告♥牌必须在四十八小时内拆除
The billboard must come down within 48 hours.
这就是经典的弱者对巨人的故事
This is a classic David vs. Goliath story.
他凭借自己庞大的律所
I mean, you got your gigantic law firm
践踏所有小公♥司♥
stomping all over the little guy.
对 但这都可以算做黑幕报道了
Yeah, but it’s investigative journalism at its best.
这正是你的拿手好戏
I-it’s right up your alley. Uh-huh.
好吧 我把我的号♥码给你 如果…
Yeah, o-okay, well, let me give you my cell just in case…
好 谢谢
Uh — yeah. Thank you.
请接新闻采编部
Can I get the news desk, please?
我有个大爆料
I got a hot tip.
你难道不想成为搞倒大律所的电视台吗
Don’t you want to be the station that brought down big law?
你可以像那些搞倒大烟草公♥司♥的记者一样
You could be like the reporters that brought down big tobacco.
就像伍德沃德和伯恩斯坦揭露水门事件那样
Look, I’m talking Woodward and Bernstein here.
你关于自动取款机乱收费的曝光 非常棒
Hey, your exposé on predatory ATM fees — that was… wow!
这是误判
Well, it’s a miscarriage of justice,
我觉得你们的读者会非常乐意
and I think your viewers would be very, very interested
并感激你曝光这种不公正行为
and, uh, grateful to you for exposing this injustice.
我觉得这没危及到社区健康
I wouldn’t characterize this as a community health risk,
但肯定跟社区利益有关
but it’s definitely in the community interest.
不 没错
No, yes,
哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所是社区支柱
HHM is a pillar of the community, yes.
不 斗争也是很重要的故事
No, I — the war is an important story, as well.
所以这种行为很过分
That’s why this action is so egregious.
当然 行
Sure. Okay.
至少要报导地有点人情味
Well, at least consider the human-interest angle here.
你在逗我吗
Are you kidding?
律师自己白手起家
It’s — lawyer pulls himself up by his bootstraps,
结果被家族大律所踩在脚下
only to be ground under the heel of the old-money megafirm?
那是《心灵与智慧》的情节 喂
That’s Hearts and Minds! You — hello?
是 我也有你的号♥码
Yeah, I have your number, too, so…
我懂了
Yeah, I see.
新墨西哥大学

Okay.
新墨西哥大学 媒体实验室
别 别 别碰 伙计
Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no, man.
什么都别碰
Can’t touch the goods.
我填了表 只有我能碰摄像机
I signed the form — only I can touch the camera.
行 我建议你扩大画面
Fine, may I suggest you widen the frame to include —
广♥告♥牌才是故事主角
The billboard is the story, okay?
我也是故事主角 我也得在里面
No, I’m also the story, so…got to get me in there.
站在标记上
Okay, so, get on your mark.
我对你捉襟见肘的摄影经验没意见
You know, uh, no offense to your minutes of experience,
但开始之前我还是得看看
but I’d like to see what we got before we do this, okay?
那家伙
Other guy.
那家伙
Other guy.
说的就是你 站在我刚站的地方
Only other guy that’s here, go stand where I was standing.
蹲一点 蹲一点
Uh…shrink down. Shrink down.
矮一点 好了
You know, scrunch. Yeah.
扩大画面 把广♥告♥牌拍进来
Okay, widen the frame. Get the billboard.
好 然后拍我 我 我
Okay, now get me. Me, me, me, me, me.
不是我 拍他 他就是我 就这样
No. Not me — get him. He’s me. Yeah, like that.
-明白吗 -明白
– Got it? – Yeah.
很好
Good.
好 他在镜头里吗
Okay. Is he in the shot?
没有 开始吧
No. Dude, just go.
-我怎么样 -很好看
– How do I look? – Great.
我 不 我这边比较好看
I’ll, uh — no, this is my good side.
-广♥告♥牌拍进来了吗 -是的
– Is, uh — is the billboard in? – Yes!
你说一百美元一小时 不是他妈的三小时
Jesus, just — you said $100 for one hour, not fricking 3.
你明显有记者的冲动
You clearly have a journalistic impulse.
你真积极 你知道吗
You’re a real go-getter, you know that?
快拍
Go get this.
好 我倒数
All right, count me down.
五 四 三
In 5, 4, 3…
要严肃
Gravitas.
我是詹姆斯·麦吉尔
I’m James McGill.
和许多美国人一样 我自力更生
Like most Americans, I’m a self-made man.
通过自己努力从法律学校毕业
I put myself through law school.
在法庭当公设辩护律师
Working in the courts as a public defender,
我代理过很多无路可走的人
I represented those with nowhere else to turn.
我相信司法体系 这是我事业的基础
I believe in service. It’s what I’ve built my career on.
但我也有梦想 很多人共有的梦想
But I’ve also had a dream, a dream that many of us have —
自己创业的梦想
a dream to own my own business.
我精打细算 省吃俭用 终于
Well, I-I scrimped and I saved, and finally,
我买♥♥得起那个广♥告♥位了
I was able to buy one billboard…
能给我刚开的律所打个小广♥告♥
…A tiny foray into advertising for my fledgling law firm.
大家总说
I’ve always been told
美国遍地是机会
that America is the land of opportunity,
直到今天我还深信不疑
and I believed it…until today.
但广♥告♥牌竖起来还不到二十四小时
Not 24 hours after my billboard went up,
一家大公♥司♥就对我穷追不舍
a large law firm came after me.
他们说我损害了他们的生意
They said that I was hurting their business.
他们有钱有势 但我只是一个普通人
They’re rich. They’re powerful. I’m just…one man.
你觉得法庭会站在谁那边
So, who do you think the courts sided with?
现在我的广♥告♥位倒下了
So now my little billboard comes down.
我告诉你
Let me tell you something —
如果他们想斗 那我们就斗到底
if they want a fight, they’re gonna get a fight,
因为我不会放弃
because I’m not giving up, not —
我的天 你看那人
Holy shit! Dude, the dude!
-救命 -你看那人
– Help! – Dude, the dude!
你看那个工人
The w– the worker guy!
我的天
Holy shit.
来人啊 救我下去
Please! Aah! Get me down!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!