很难把水抽出来
is a bloody long way to move water.
我们可以在那通电 是吧
We’ve got electricity down there, don’t we?
假设我们在柏林地道下面的坑道
We propose sinking a shaft
钻通一条通道 就是这儿
down to a gallery beneath the Berlin Sap, right here.
然后装上电泵
Install electric pumps.
那至少六十个人得空出来
Should free up 60 men at least.
拉特利奇你怎么看
Rutledge?
这可是九十英尺深
This is over 90 feet deep.
我不认为电泵能把水从那么深的地方带上来
I shouldn’t have thought an electric pump would lift water that high…
新电泵可以 长官
The new ones will, sir.
这个通道根本就行不通
And this shaft simply isn’t feasible.
这个方法早就有人试过了 长官
This is not a new idea, sir.
要想护墙不塌方就排水是不可能的
It’s impossible to go through the wet sand without the walls collapsing.
你下去看过吗 上校
Have you been down there, Colonel?
好吧 就这么办
Alright. That will be all.
谢谢 长官 我很抱歉占用了您宝贵的时间
Thank you, sir, and I apologise for taking up your valuable time.
将军 我们的计划与之前的有很大的不同
General, our plans differ from the ones previously tried.
怎么不同
How?
我们不从路面上挖 长官
We don’t dig from the surface, sir.
我们在地表二十英尺以下打个通道
We build the shaft head 20 feet below ground level.
我们要在那建造够挖道兵落脚的通道
We construct galleries large enough to house all the tunnellers
把蓝土也藏起来
and hide the blue clay.
伍德沃上尉 二十英尺以下
Captain Woodward, 20 feet down
会把你直接置于泥沙流中♥央♥
will put you right in the middle of the quicksand.
你错了 上校
You are wrong, Colonel!
这个方案正好把我们置于湿沙之上
It would set us just above the wet sand.
这才是关键
That’s the point.
我们会用钢管来控制住水
We’ll use steel sections to control the water
还能防止护墙坍塌
and stop the walls collapsing.
在通道顶部用千斤顶
We use jacks from the roof of the gallery
来防止钢管向下沉
to force the steel sections downwards.
这套荒唐的方案要猴年马月才能完成
And how many months or years do we imagine that this folly will take?
-粗略估计 -多久
-Rough estimate? -How long?
三周 左右
Three weeks, give or take.
跟上 跟上
Go, go, go!
跑 继续跑
Go! Keep going.
快跑 跑 兄弟们 快啊
Run! Run, boys, keep going.
快点
Come on!
再来一圈
One more.

Yep.
我们必须改变方向 往左30度
.
是 长官
.
我们快到了
We’re nearly there.
把水舀出来 把千斤顶准备好
Bucket it out.Get those jacks back up.
把钢管装好等我命令
Have that steel section ready to go on my order.
要把它深深打进泥层里
Drive it further into the clay.
开始转了 长官
It’s going, sir.
根本就没出水
Not exactly gushing.
怎么了 提芬
What’s happening, Tiffin?
不知道啊 长官
I don’t know, sir.
看起来正在运转啊
It seems to be working.
不清楚 那边运转正常
No idea. It’s working at that end.
荒唐
Ridiculous.
一定是水压太大了
Must be too much pressure.
我确定我们…
I’m sure we…
明早之前给我完整的报告
Full report by the morning.
太好了
Yes!
要是水泵坏了呢
What if the pump fails?
我们准备了备用的 长官
We have backups standing by, sir.
在通道的前端 我们设立了两个岗哨
Off the shaft head,we’ve built two listening posts
和两个引水渠
and two diversion tunnels.
-什么引水渠 -我带你看看 长官
-What diversion tunnels? -I’ll show you, sir.
不必了
There’s no need.
-不费事的 -不需要
-It’s no trouble. -There is no need.
第二引水渠附近的敌军很活跃 长官
There’s more activity in the second diversion, sir.
我想德国佬又要发起进攻了
I think Fritz is coming at us again.
这意味着它奏效了
That means it’s working.
他有四分钟毫无动静了
He’s been quiet for four minutes.
我估计他们要引爆
I reckon he could be ready to blow.
让他们炸吧
Let them.
只有你们两个在下面
Is it just the two of you down there?
-只有我 长官 -沃特去哪了
-Just me, sir. -Where’s Walt?
他上来帮我倒茶了
He’s up getting me a billy of tea.
什么他公然离开岗位
What? He abandoned his post?
-不 他只是 -把这个加到报告里
-No, he just… -Put it on the report.
为什么你还不回岗位
Why aren’t you at your post?
因为我说了我认为德国佬…
As I said, I think Fritz…
你被允许上来了吗
Have you been ordered out?
长官 哨兵是允许…
Sir, the listeners have permission…
我知道军规 上尉
I know the orders, Captain!
马上回去
Get back down there.
如果看到沃特 告诉他…
If you see Walt, you tell him…
你告诉他千万别…
you tell him not to…
长官
Sir…
我爸爸想喝点茶
My dad likes a cup of tea around now.
吉姆.
Jim.
吉姆
Jim!

Dad!

Dad!

Dad!
吉姆
Jim!

Dad!
爸爸 你能听见我吗 爸
Daddy, can you hear me? Dad!
愿 上帝永远保佑你
Restore, establish and strengthen you forever and ever,
阿门
amen.
阿门
Amen.
长官
Sir?
我一直在等着拿给您这个
I’ve been wanting to give you this…
为您爱的姑娘 长官
…for that girl of yours, sir.
我用了您最喜欢的木材
I made it from that wood you liked…
是教堂里的…
…from the cathedral.
很漂亮
It’s beautiful.
这个盒子是用伊普雷斯大教堂的木材制♥作♥的
This box was made from the timbers of Ypres Cathedral
出自一个叫弗兰克提芬的年轻人之手
by a nice young chap named Frank Tiffin.
我相信战后你会见到他
I’m sure you’ll get to meet him after this is over
感谢他精湛的手艺
and thank him for his handiwork.
这里有两个较浅的地道 这里还有这里
.
我们监听到每条地道都有固定的挖掘活动
.
不过最近三天地道的挖掘都没有进展
.
那说不通
.
正是如此
.
敌军根本不打算隐瞒这些声响
.
意思是
.
他们转向了
.
哪儿来的
.
矿井 矿井深处
.
无意冒犯长官 如果那些地道是远离某些东西绕过我们…
.
那东西就会在这儿
.
60高地正下方
.
他们就在我们下面
.
去搞清楚
.
巴贝克 我们能不能挖一条通道穿过那层湿沙
.
弄清楚下面到底有什么
.
-那是什么 -不清楚
-What is it? -Not sure.
15度角 大约往前二十英尺
15 degrees, about 20ft forward,
再往下十五英尺
15ft down.
什么都没有
Nothing.
一条攻击地道
An attack tunnel?
不 这个与众不同
No, it’s different.
我想是某种通道
I think it’s some kind of shaft.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!