要是没受伤 那就赶快回到自己的岗位上
If he’s not, then he should be back on duty.
不管怎样 他都不该出现在这里
Either way, he shouldn’t be here.
知道我怎么想的吗 你也不该在这
If you want my opinion, neither should you.
提芬 被骂感觉爽吧
Good to feel wanted, eh, Tiffin?
看来我们到这里
Wouldn’t like to think we were over here
完全没用
putting our arses on the line for nothing.
克莱顿人还好 就是对战事有点担心
Clayton’s alright. He’s just got the wind up him, that’s all.
压一压吧
Hides it well.
大家都这样
People do.
浪费就不太好了
Seems a shame to waste this.
老伙计 来杯茶
Spot of tea, old man?
噢 太好了
Oh, rather!
妈妈
Mama!
提芬 没事 会没事的 孩子
It’s alright, Tiffin. It’s alright, son.
昆士兰 十八个月前
.
请问 有人在家吗
Hello? Is anybody home?
我在溪边发现这两小子
I found these two little rascals down by the creek.
他们不是你家的孩子吗
They don’t belong to you, do they?
是你吗 奥利弗
Oliver, is that you?
沃德尔夫人
Mrs Waddell.
科林·哥顿 给我快点进屋
Colin, Gordon, round the back.
趁你父亲还没回来 快点收拾干净 快去
Clean yourselves up before your father gets home. Now, please.
那个 你说什么 太不公平了
Hey, hey, wait. That’s not fair!
我以为还能看到莫法特呢
I was hoping I might catch Moffat.
这个嘛 你来得太晚了 他已经入伍了
Ah. Well, you’re too late, I’m afraid. He’s joined up.
骑兵
Light Horse?
当然
Of course.
巴布亚怎么样
How was Papua?
我们都以为那些猎头已经抓住你了呢
You know, we thought the headhunters might have got you.
他们看了我一眼 都跑掉了
They took one look at my head and ran away.
告诉你 沃德尔夫人
Tell you something, though, Mrs Waddell,
我一辈子可能就待在那儿了
I could have stayed there forever.
嗯 你把马栓好 先进屋吧
Just… why don’t you put the nag in the stable and come inside
跟大家讲讲你的故事
We want to hear all your stories.
乖 伙计
Come on, mate.
你是伊萨贝拉吗
Is that you, Isabel?
他现在是个大人物了 完全意料之中
He’s a major now. Not surprised.
读书那时候 大家都叫他老大
At school, we called him captain’.
他啥都管
He was captain of everything.
有什么问题吗
And were there complaints?
当然没问题
No, sir.
真的
No.
哪敢呀
We wouldn’t dare.
那是我家的莫法特
Well, that’s our Moffat.
伍迪 伍迪 伍迪
Woody, Woody, Woody!
什么事
Yes?
哥顿说他可以憋气一分半钟
Gordon reckons he can hold his breath for one minute and thirteen seconds.
真的吗
Can he really?
你看嘛
Watch.
一 二 三 四 五
One, two, three, four, five,
六 七 八 九 十
six, seven, eight, nine, ten…
他现在在哪里驻扎
Where’s he posted now.
我们也不是很清楚 可能在埃及吧
Well, we don’t know. Egypt, we think.
十六 十七
…sixteen, seventeen…
我想 你对部队那些事已经很生疏了吧
It’ll be the engineers for you, now, I’d imagine.
看来我是白白浪费时间去训练你
I’d hate to think I wasted my time training you up.
他们叫我别入伍 矿场要人
They’ve asked me not to join up, sir. They need to keep the mine running.
战争需要铜
Well, it’s copper for the war effort.
我们跟不上进度
We can’t get it out of the ground fast enough.
天知道他们到底需要多少炮弹
God knows how many shells they think they’ll need.
三十四 三十五
34, 35…
军队需要那些物资
Well, an army needs munitions.
不 军队需要的是好的士兵 这才是最重要的
No, an army needs good men, first and foremost.
三十八 三十九
…38, 39…
伍迪
Woody!
你什么时候回来的 巴布亚怎么样
When did you get back? How was Papua?
最近都在干嘛 你要一直跟我们待在一起吗
What are you doing now. Are you going to stay with us again?

Are you?
哦 他可以吗 母亲
Oh, can he, Mama?
马祖绿 说话慢一点行吗
Just slow down a minute, Marjorie.
还有是伍德沃先生
And it’s Mr Woodward.
小家伙 去跟哥顿玩
Go and play with Gordon, little man.
来吧 我们来玩打仗游戏
Come on, let’s have a battle.
好的
Alright.
你好 马祖绿
Marjorie.
你好 伍德沃先生
Mr Woodward.
关于你的那些问题 答案分别是
The answers to your questions are
二天之前 很热
two days ago, hot,
我会在摩尔根先生的矿场工作
I’ll be working at Mt Morgan mine
以及非常感谢你的邀请
and, thank you,
但是我在城里有自己的地方
but I have my own accommodation in town.
送给我的吗
Is this for me?
没错 挺傻的
Oh, yes, but it’s very silly.
其实这是小孩子的玩意
They make them for kids.
不傻啊 很漂亮
No, it’s beautiful.
我喜欢 谢谢
I love it. Thank you.
他看上去挺帅的吧
Doesn’t he look wonderful?
有些男人就是当兵的料 你觉得呢 伍迪
Some men are just born to be in uniform, don’t you think, Woody?
称呼先生…
It’s Mr…
伍德沃先生
Mr Woodward.
是的
Yes.
我想喝茶 妈妈
May I have some tea, please, Mama?
行啊 你先加点奶吧
Yes, if you refill the milk jug first.
然后重新把你的发带系一下
And you can re-tie that ribbon, young lady.
好的 妈妈
Yes, Mama.
她已经长成一个大姑娘了
She’s so grown-up.
她也是这样觉得的
Well, she thinks so
不过老实说 她还有很长的路要走
but, between you and me, I think she still has a long way to go.
不要紧
It’s alright.
又怎么了
What now.
嘿 我包抄了他
Hey, I outflanked him.
不 你没有
No, you didn’t.
看看 是科林包抄了你 看到吧
Actually, I believe that Colin has outflanked yours, see?
而我的左翼也在进军
And my left flank moves forward…
-伍德沃先生 -嗯
-Mr. Woodward? -Yes?
-有女矿工的吗 -没有过
-Do women ever go down mines? -I don’t think so.
她们觉得这样倒霉吧
Bad luck, they reckon.
那很好
Well, that’s good
我可不想呆在地底下
because I don’t know that I’d like to be so deep underground.
搞不好会得幽闭恐惧症
It must feel awfully claustrophobic.
挺有趣的 我就很喜欢那
It’s funny. I quite like it down there.
真的 为什么
Really? Why?
那很舒适
Snug.
额 舒适
Hmm. Snug.
马祖绿
Marjorie!
-抱歉 我 -你没事吧
-Sorry, I… -Are you OK?
没事 我只是
Yes, I just…
还不快去弄干净
Just go and clean yourself up immediately.
我很抱歉
I’m so sorry.
刚才还是个大姑娘 不一会儿就又孩子气
One moment she’s an adult, the next minute she’s a child.
十六岁的年纪就是让人捉摸不透
16 is a very difficult age.
虽然莫法特没在 也希望您能随时拜访
Now, while Moffat’s away, I want you to visit whenever you can.
-好吗 -好的
-You promise me? -I promise.
一言为定
Right.
伍德沃先生 希望你能原谅我刚才的失态
Mr Woodward, I hope you’ll forgive my silly indiscretion at the table.
当然 我已经忘了
Of course. Think nothing of it.
再见了 各位
Well, goodbye, all.
马祖绿·沃德尔 是你干的好事
Marjorie Waddell, did you have something to do with this?
不不 是我一时疏忽
No, no. It’s my own stupid fault, I’m afraid.
这马早晨误入了苜蓿堆里
He got into the lucerne this morning

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!