我们不想制♥造♥麻烦
Look, we’re not trying to cause trouble.
只是觉得有义务要告诉你们
It’s just that we felt it our duty to tell you.
现在这是你们的家事了
And now it’s a matter for your own family.
你知道我们孩子在这里生活多困难吗
You know how hard it is for our children over here.
有时候他们判断失误
Sometimes they misjudge
然后学的跟当地的孩子一模一样
and start behaving like the kids here.
有其子必有其父母
All I know is that children are a map of their parents.
-你个该死的笨牛 -你毁了你姐姐
– You stupid flippin’ cow! – You’ve ruined your sister’s life!
你高兴了吧
Happy now?
我的婚礼因为你被取消了
My wedding’s called off cos of you!
我 为什么
Me? Why?
他们看到你和一个英国男孩在一起鬼混
They saw you being filthy with an English boy!
胡说 我没跟什么英国男孩在一起
They’re lying. I wasn’t with any English boy.
他们看到你在公车站和他接吻了
They saw you at a bus stop kissing him!
傻妞 你为什么就不能
Stupid bitch, why couldn’t
像别人那样做的低调点
you do it in secret like everyone else?
接吻 我
Kissing? Me?
男孩
A boy?
疯了 你们都他妈疯了
You’re mad, you’re all bloody mad!
杰丝明德 说话干净点
Jesminder, don’t use those swearing words.
我今天是在120车站
I was at the 120 bus stop today
但是是和朱丽叶特在一起
but with Juliette.
我朋友
My friend.
她是女生 我们也没有接吻
She’s a girl. And we weren’t kissing or anything.
上帝啊
For God’s sake!
-对叔叔发誓 -我对叔叔发誓
– Swear by Babaji. – l swear on Babaji’s name.
英国女生有的头发很短
Sometimes these English girls have such short hair…
分不出男女
you just can’t tell.
他们一定是搞错了
They must have made a mistake.
他的父母只是在找借口
His parents are just making an excuse.
我们配不上他们
We were never good enough for them.
不 妈妈 都是她的错
No, Mum, it’s all her fault.
我敢打赌她一定是在球队里玩蕾丝边
l bet she was with some dykey girl from her football team!
她还在踢球
She’s still been playing!
-嫔基 -她没有工作 一直在踢球
– Pinky. – She ain’t got no job! She’s been lying.
上帝啊 为什么你给了我两个骗子女儿
Oh, God, why did you give me two deceiving daughters?
我上辈子做错了什么
What did l do wrong in my past life?
但是她毁了我
But she’s the one that’s ruined my life!
别以为我不知道你偷偷
Don’t think l didn’t know you were sneaking out
和废物提图幽会
with that good-for-nothing Teetu as well!
跟他们谈谈
Well, just talk to them, innit?
我会的 我会跟你父母谈的
l will, l’ll come and talk to your parents.
如果他们不喜欢
And if they don’t like it…
朱丽斯 过来一下
Jules, come here to me.
你的同伴那
Where’s your mate?
我不知道
I don’t know.
她已经连续错过两堂练习课了
This is the second training session in a row she’s missed.
这可不像她
It’s not like her.
她有说有什么不开心的事吗
Did she say she was unhappy with anything?
她父母不知道
Her parents didn’t know
她在球队踢球 也许他们发现了
she was on the team. Maybe they found out.
什么
What?
她告诉我家里人支持她
She told me her folks were up for it.
我一直让她告诉父母 但她不听我的
l’ve been telling her to tell them but she won’t listen to me.
我去开门
l’ll get it!
-你好 -你好
– Yeah? – Hello.
谢谢 杰丝
Thanks, Jess.
我很抱歉冒昧打扰你们巴姆拉先生和太太
I’m sorry to barge in on you like this, Mr and Mrs Bhamra,
但我想亲自拜访你们
but I wanted to talk to you in person.
我今天才知道
I only found out today that
你们不知道杰丝在我们队踢球
you didn’t know Jess was playing for our team.
-是的 我们不知道 -很抱歉
– No, we didn’t. – I apologise.
如果我早知道
lf I’d known,
我会鼓励杰丝告诉你们的
I would have encouraged Jess to tell you
因为我相信她有非常大的潜力
because I believe she’s got tremendous potential.
我想我们更了解我们女儿的潜力
I think we know better our daughter’s potential.
杰丝没有时间踢球
Jess has no time for games.
她马上就要上大学了
She’ll be starting university soon.
但为球队踢球是种荣誉
But playing for the team is an honour.
还有比尊重长辈更有荣誉的事情吗
What bigger honour is there than respecting your elders?
年轻人
Young man,
当我在内罗毕还是青少年的时候
when l was a teenager in Nairobi,
我是全校最优秀的保龄球选手
I was the best fast bowler in our school.
我们队赢得了东非杯
Our team even won the East African Cup.
我来到这个国家以后 却变得一文不值
But when l came to this country, nothing.
我失去了参加任何球队的资格
l was not allowed to play in any of the teams,
俱乐部的那群混♥蛋♥嘲笑我戴包头巾
and these bloody goras in the clubhouses made fun of my turban
还叫我卷铺盖走人
and sent me off packing!
我感到很抱歉 巴姆拉先生
l’m sorry, Mr Bhamra…
-但是现在 -现在什么
– but now it’s… – Now what?
我们男人都没法跻身足球联赛
None of our boys are in any of the football leagues.
更何况是女孩子
You think they will let our girls?
我不希望你煽动杰丝明德做这样的事
l don’t want you to build up Jesminder’s hopes.
到最后她只会落到我这样的下场
She will only end up disappointed like me.
不是的 爸爸 一切都变了啊
But, Dad, it’s all changing now.
那瑟·库森是英国板球队的
Nasser Kussein is captain
队长 他是亚洲人
of the English cricket team, he’s Asian.
库森是穆♥斯♥林♥名字
Kussein’s a Muslim name,
他们的家庭怎么能和我们一样
their families are different.
妈
Oh, Mum!
这个周六 我们会去德国打一场比赛
We’ve been invited to play in Germany this Saturday.
你要是错过就可惜了
lt’s a shame you’ll miss it.
德国啊
Wow! Germany!
我知道你现在很为难
l can see what you’re up against,
但父母为你做的决定
but your parents don’t always know
不一定都是最好的 杰丝
what’s best for you, Jess.
到齐了
We’re all here.
都上车了是吧
We’re all in, yeah?
妈的
Shit!
你有数该怎么做吧
You know the score, yeah?
当然 每天打他们两个电♥话♥
Yeah, call them twice a day.
你要相信我 这个我很在行的
Trust me, man, l’m an expert at this.
那就拜托你了 回见
You take care, all right? Laters.
我老姐为我打掩护
My sister’s covering for me.
说我们会去表亲家
We’re supposed to be at my cousin’s.
我就当什么也没听见
I didn’t hear that.
就让我 在今夜
Uh-huh, make me tonight.
今夜
Tonight.
实现它吧
Make it right.
-茄子 -茄子
– Cheese! – Cheese.
在今夜实现
Uh-huh, make me tonight.
今夜
Tonight.
让它充满意义
Oh, oh-ho, make it magnificent…
杰丝 快横传 杰丝
Jess! Come on, cross it, Jess!
你的发如此美丽
Oh, your hair is beautiful.
今夜
Aaah, tonight.
风采尽现
Atomic…
杰丝·巴姆拉
Jess Bhamra.
快射门 杰丝
Go on, Jess.
杰丝 快 杰丝 你行的
Jess. Go on, Jess, you can do this!
妈妈 我和嫔基都很好 我们在煮
Yeah, Mum, l’m fine, Pinky’s fine. We’re cooking, er…
-面条 -是面条
– Pasta. – Pasta.
我要挂了 嫔基要把炉子烧着了
l’d better go, Pinky’s burning it.
好的 替我向爸爸问好
OK, say hi to Dad, yeah?
就这样 再见 妈
Ok. Bye, Mum.
不错啊 他们听起来挺精神
Good. They sound happy.
嫔基会开始一段新的恋情
Pinky will meet someone new
杰西也会忘了足球这类无聊的东西
and Jessie will forget all about this football nonsense.
晚餐准备好了吗
The dinner’s ready?
我还要洗一洗餐具
But let me wash up first.