By and by
朝前看
Move on up
抱有希望
And keep on wishing
记住梦想是你唯一的计划
Remember your dream is your only scheme
继续努力吧
So keep on pushing
在哪儿呢
Where is it?
继续前进吧
Just move on up
前进
Move on up
土豆炒椰菜花
Aloo gobi.
放开我啦
Get off me, man!
没人会看到我们的
No one can see us.
什么事
Yeah?
妈妈
Mum!
没什么 我正在工作 不是吗
No, no, nothing, l’m just at work, innit?
是的 我知道波莉正赶过来做礼服
Yeah, I know Poli’s coming round to do the suits.
那杰丝可以乘地铁 不是吗
So Jess can get the tube, innit?
好的 好的 我去接她
Yeah, all right, all right, l’ll pick her up.
我准备去了 妈妈
l’ve got to go, Mum, someone’s coming.
有人来了 再见
I’ll see you later. Bye.
算了 我爸妈不会知道我在踢球的
Nah, my mum and dad ain’t got a clue.
他们不知道你一直在踢球吗
They’ve no idea you’ve been playing all this time?
不知道
Nope.
他们以为你在哪儿呢
Where do they think you are?
他们以为我在”主人之声”打工
They think l’ve got a job at HMV.
哎呀 那不太好
Blimey, that’s not on.
人们认为印度女孩不应该踢球
lndian girls aren’t supposed to play football.
观念是有点落后
That’s a bit backward.
这不光发生在印度 是吗
lt ain’t just an lndian thing, is it?
我是说 支持我们的又有多少啊
l mean, how many people come out and support us?
好像你像某人承诺过了
So are you, like, promised to someone?
不是的 我姐姐快要结婚了
Nah. No way. My sister’s getting married soon.
这是一场爱的比赛
It’s a love match.
-那是什么意思 -这本不是安排好的
– What’s that mean? – It’s not arranged.
那么如果能选择的话
So if you can choose,
你会和白人结婚吗
can you marry a white boy?
白人 不会的 黑人
White, no, black,
不可能 至于穆♥斯♥林♥
definitely not, a Muslim…
我认为你会和一个印度人结婚
l guess you’ll be marrying an lndian, then.
很有可能
Probably.
不知道你们印度女孩怎么会忍♥受这个的
l don’t know how you lndian girls put up with it.
只是文化差异 但总比和
lt’s just culture. Better than sleeping with
一个你不会和他结婚的男人睡在一起好
boys you’re not going to end up marrying.
那才是最精彩的部分呢
That’s the best bit!
是啊 你当然最清楚了
Yeah, you should know!
-准备好出发了吗 -待会见
Are you ready to go? See you slags later!
是我
lt’s only me.
妈妈 我饿了
Mum, l’m starving.
我今天不得不在中饭时间工作
I had to work through my lunch hour today.
嫔基去哪儿了
Where’s Pinky?
她说去接你的
She was supposed to pick you up
这样你见波莉就不会迟到了
so you wouldn’t be late for Poli.
嫔基 你为什么不去单位接你妹妹呢
Pinky, why didn’t you pick your sister up from work, huh?
我去了 但经理说她刚刚走
l went but the manager said l’d just missed her.
好吧 波莉在路上了
OK, Poli’s on her way.
我去给你们沏点茶
I’ll make you girls some tea.
-说吧 他是谁 -谁
– All right. Who is he, then? – Who?
你以为我刚才瞎掰
You must think I’ve got shit for brains,
是脑壳坏掉啦
lying about a job and all that.
你不能对爸妈说
You can’t say anything to Mum and Dad.
我为你和提图保密了
I kept Teetu a secret for you.
不是个穆♥斯♥林♥吧 是不是
He’s not a Muslim, is he?
我在女子足球队踢球
Look, I’ve been playing football for a women’s team.
不是吧 比我想的还糟
Huh? It’s worse than I thought.
是正规的联赛 真正的竞赛
It’s a proper tournament, they’re real matches.
杰丝 你怎么回事
What is wrong with you, Jess?
如果你费劲说谎
If you’re going to bother lying,
至少做点有意义的事情
at least do it for something good!
你不想像别人一样有男朋友吗
Don’t you want a boyfriend like everyone else?
你挺漂亮的
You’re quite pretty.
做做头发
Do something with your hair,
化化妆 你就很正了
put make-up on, you’d look all right.
别管她 我结婚前从不化妆
Leave her alone. I never wore make-up until after I was married.
杰丝是个好女孩
Jess’s a good girl now.
她帮我洗了所有的网帘
She helped me wash all the net curtains
上周还做了煨马铃薯花椰菜
and she made lovely aloo gobi last week, huh?
腰围二十五
Waist, 25…
胸下围二十八
under bust, 28…
-胸围… -那太紧了不雅观
– Bust… – Eh, that’s too tight and rude!
不 妈妈 我想要我的印度礼服
No, Mum, I want my choli
更合身一点
more fitted.
那样更时尚不是吗
That’s the style, innit?
是啊 是啊 做三十四半的吧
Yeah, yeah. Make it 34 and a half.
不 再紧点
No, tighter!
好吧 三十四
OK, 34!
那么紧你怎么喘气啊
Eh, how are you going to breathe?
妈妈 我为什么要穿莎丽啊
Mum, why do I have to wear a sari?
那会很难看的
It will just fall down!
第一次穿莎丽就是代表你成年了
Your first sari is when you become a woman.
波莉 莎丽短衫和衬裙
Poli, sari blouse and petticoat.
那么 胸围三十一
So…bust…31 …
不 太紧了 我要松一点
No, that’s too tight. I want it looser.
穿着麻袋布谁会注意你啊
Dressed in a sack, who’s going to notice you, huh?
别担心 我们的设计
Don’t worry. In one of our designs,
会让被蚊子咬的包看着像多汁的芒果一样
even these mosquito bites will look like juicy, juicy mangoes!
波莉
Poli…
下胸围二十七
Under bust, 27.
腰围二十七
The waist, 27.
妈妈 我要买♥♥不同的鞋配
Mum, I need to buy different shoes to
莎丽和套装
go with the sari and the suits.
-再说一次 -她同意了
– Come again? – She’s coming into line now!
我可以用我的工资付一双鞋的钱
I can pay for one pair from my wages.
你可以帮我付另一双的钱吗
Can you give me money for the other?
你需要一双白鞋一双黑鞋配所有衣服
You need one black and one white to go with everything.
我知道我犯了错误
I know I make mistakes.
我必须吃一堑长一智
I will have to live and learn.
有时候玩火
Sometimes you play with fire.
会引火烧身
And sometimes you get burned.
我有我的梦想
I have my dream to live.
足球现场
追寻那颗星星
Following that star.
不管需要多久
It doesn’t matter how long it takes.
不管要走多远
It doesn’t matter how far.
没有时间假装
No time for make-believing.
也来不及回头
And it’s too late to turn back now.
耶 耶 耶
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
我一直在梦想
I’ve been dreaming about it.
离了梦想我不能活
I can’t live without it.
我要寻找我自己的路
I’ve got to find my own way.
我不改变主意
I’m not changing my mind now
或是留恋过去
or looking behind now.
这就是我的独♥立♥日
This is my Independence Day.
我的独♥立♥日
My lndependence Day.
-能换频道吗 求你啦 -快结束了
– Can you change the channel, please? – It’s nearly the end.
妈妈 她回来啦
Mum, she’s back.
杰丝明德 就买♥♥两双鞋子
Jesminder, you’ve been gone
花了一整天 过来
all day for two pairs of shoes! Come here!
还没很晚呢 妈妈
It’s not that late, Mum. I was
我还看了其他的东西 比如 包包
looking at other things too, like…handbags.
-让我们看看 -不要
– Let’s see ’em, then. – Not yet.
我要配上套装试穿一下
I’ll try them on with the suits.
-让我们看看 -过来
– Let me see ’em! – Hey, come here.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!