lt’s brilliant. They’re a top team
教练很棒
and the coach is ace.
太好了
Excellent.
-你腿上是什么 -没见过烧伤吗
– What’s that down your leg? – Haven’t you seen a burn before?
-真恶心 -滚开 讨厌鬼
– That’s disgusting, man! – Back off, you wanker!
不 没关系
No, it’s fine.
至少我还能活剥你的皮
At least l can still skin you alive!
好棒的球技
The skill, the skill!
好棒的球技
The skill! Oh, the skill.
真不公平
That’s not fair!
他当时触摸着你全身上下
He was touching you all over!
他把手放在你的大腿上
Putting his hands on your bare legs!
你不再是一个年轻女孩了
You’re not a young girl any more!
并且你向全世界展示你的伤疤
And, you, showing the world your scar!
杰西 现在你姐姐已经订婚了
Jessie, now that your sister has got engaged,
这不一样了
it’s different.
你知道人们会怎么谈论吗
You know how people talk.
她是结婚的那个 又不是我
She’s the one getting married, not me!
我在你这个年纪的时候已经结婚了
I was married at your age!
你连做菜都不想学
You don’t even want to learn how to cook dhal!
我不再和男孩踢球了
l’m not playing with boys any more.
很好 到此为止
Good! End of matter.
我加入了一个女子足球队
l’m joining a girls’ team.
她们想让我参加正规的比赛
They want me to play in proper matches.
教练说我可以有很大进步
The coach said I could go far.
走的更远 走到哪儿去
Go far? Go far to where?
杰西 你小的时候只要愿意
Jessie, we let you play all you wanted
我们都让你踢
when you were young, huh?
你已经踢够了 -那不公平
You’ve played enough. – That’s not fair!
他选择了我
He selected me.
他
He?
她刚才说全是女孩
She said it was girls!
是教练 乔
The coach, Joe.
看她怎么说谎的
See how she lies?
我不想让你在男人面前半裸的跑着
I don’t want you running around half-naked in front of men, huh?
看你在太阳下踢球晒得多黑
Look how dark you’ve become, playing in the sun!
但是 妈妈 我真踢得很好
But, Mum, l’m really good!
哪个家庭想要一个媳妇
What family will want a daughter-in-law
整天到处跑着踢球
who can run around kicking football all day,
却不会做圆面包
but can’t make round chapatis?
现在一切都结束了 我想要你学做
Now exams are over, I want you to learn
全套的旁遮普晚宴 包括荤菜和素菜
full Punjabi dinner, meat and vegetarian!
但是 爸爸
But, Dad!
不 你这是在毁了她
No! This is where you spoil her!
-我所做的 -不
– What have l done to… – No,
这还是和你的侄女学的
this is how it started with your niece,
那个女孩顶嘴的方式
the way that girl would answer back,
然后跑去穿着小裙子 当了模特
and then running off to become a model wearing small skirts!
妈妈 她是一个时尚设计师
Mum, she’s a fashion designer!
她已经离婚了 那才是她的真实状况
She’s divorced, that’s what she is.
三年之后就被抛弃了
Cast off after three years
与一个蓝头发白人结的婚
of being married to a white boy with blue hair!
她可怜的妈妈
Her poor mother,
在那之后她还没踏足那寺庙
she hasn’t been able to set foot in that temple since.
我不想我的家庭也有同样的耻辱
l don’t want the shame on my family.
就这样吧 不许再踢球了
That’s it! No more football!
杰西 你妈妈是对的
Jessie, your mother is right.
这不太好
lt’s not nice.
你必须开始成为一个优雅的女人 好吗
You must start behaving like a proper woman. OK?
一切都乱了
It’s out of order.
我想要的一切对他们来说都不符合标准
Anything I want is just not lndian enough for ’em!
我是说 我从来
l mean, l never
没像嫔基或巴布里一样逃学
bunked off school like Pinky or Bubbly.
我从不化妆也不♥穿♥紧身衣服
l don’t wear make-up or tight clothes.
她们根本看不到这些
They don’t see all those things!
父母永远看不到好的方面
Parents never see the good things.
任何人都可以做饭
Anyone can cook aloo gobi,
但谁能够像贝克汉姆一样踢球呢
but who can bend a ball like Beckham?
干吗瞒着他们踢你
Why don’t you just play and not tell ’em, eh?
嫔基和提特已偷偷见面几年了
Pinky’s been sneaking off for years to see Teets,
现在他们就要结婚了 没人介意
and now they’re getting married, nobody cares.
你父母不知道是不会受到伤害的
What your parents don’t know won’t hurt.
为什么非得说谎
Why should l have to lie?
又不是跟别人睡觉
It’s not like I’m sleeping around with anyone!
杰丝 杰丝
Jess! Jess!
-你好 -你好
– Hello! – Hi.
我原以为你会在这里踢球
l thought l’d find you out here playing.
这是托尼 这是我们球队的朱丽斯
This is Tony. This is Jules from the team.
不错
All right.
杰丝加入你们球队踢得更好了
Jess is well made up with your team.
大家都对她抱有很高的希望 尤其是我
Yeah, we’ve got high hopes for her, especially me.
我妈妈不想让我再踢球了
My mum doesn’t want me to play any more.
废话 我妈妈从来都不想让我踢球
What’s bollocks! My mum’s never wanted me to play.
但也不能这样就不踢了呀
You just can’t take no for an answer.
是啊 但我姐姐快要结婚了
Yeah, but my sister’s getting married
所以我爸妈感觉挺有压力的
so my mum and dad are stressed out.
他们不会让我走出屋子去训练和比赛的
l won’t be able to get out of the house for training and matches.
振作点 杰丝
Come on, Jess.
你不能把我一个人扔在球场
You can’t leave me alone out there.
乔请的美国星探正在赶过来
Joe’s got an American scout coming over.
不管怎样 不要担心你的妈妈
Anyway, don’t worry about your mum.
就说你得到了一个暑期工作
Just say you got a summer job.
我给你说好话
l could put in a good word for you
就说跟我一起去唱片店了
at HMV with me.
那么
So…
问题解决了
now we’ve got that sorted,
给我看看你男朋友身手怎么样
gonna show me what your fella can do or what?
-他不是我男朋友 -我不是他男朋友
– Oh, he’s not my boyfriend. – No, I’m not her boyfriend.
杰丝 快点 你踢球吗
Jess, come on! Are you playing?
杰西 吃早饭了
Jessie! Breakfast!
不吃了 我赶时间
Nah, l’m in a hurry!
你不能空着肚子去工作
You can’t go to work on an empty stomach, huh?
我钥匙在哪
Where’s my keys?
杰西 -不吃了
Jessie! – No,
我要迟到了 妈妈
l’m late, Mum.
再见
Bye!
定下心来 孩子
Hush now, child
不要哭
And don’t you cry
家人会理解你的
Your folks might understand you
不久之后
By and by
太棒了
Yes!
只要往前看
Just move on up
把腿提起来
Get those legs up!
朝着自己的目标
Toward your destination
虽然你会发现
Though you may find
不时地
From time to time
有些困难
Complications
不过如此 女孩子们
That’s it, girls.
咬紧嘴唇
Bite your lip
开始一段征程
And take a trip
纵然前方是潮湿的道路
Though there may be wet road ahead
你也不能跌倒
And you cannot slip
继续前进吧
Just move on up
你终将会发现
For peace you will find
精英群里
lnto the steeple of beautiful people
只有着唯一的梦想
Where there’s only one kind
沉下心来 孩子
So hush now, child
晚安 朱丽斯
Good night, Jules.
轻松点 勇士
Easy, tiger.
家人会理解你的
Your folks might understand you
不久之后