梅萨拉
Where are you going? I’m going to Rome.
你去哪 我要去罗马
Wait. What do you mean, you’re going to Rome?
你要去罗马去做什么
Messala, stop.
梅萨拉 别乱来
The Emperor’s called for men to put down the rebellion in Germania.
帝国在征召新兵 准备镇♥压♥日耳曼判乱
He’s called for idiots to fight and die.
他这是在征召上战场送死的炮灰
I can’t believe this.
我真不懂
After everything we’ve done for you,
在这多么舒适安宁
you still want to go and fight for those murderers!
你居然要去给那群杀人者作战
The pay’s steady.
报酬很合理
“The pay’s steady”?
报酬合理?
So I can come back to Tirzah with stature and wealth.
这样我才会载满荣誉和金钱再回到蒂尔莎身边
But wealth doesn’t mean anything.
可是金钱一无是处
It never does if you’re rich. Messala, please.
富裕如你当然这么说 梅萨拉 别说了
Look, tell Tirzah…
你告诉蒂尔莎
If you have something to say to her, say it yourself.
你有话要和蒂尔莎说 你最好自己亲口和她说
Otherwise you’re just walking away.
不然你这只能算是逃跑
Judah?
犹大
Where’s Messala?
梅萨拉去哪了
Messala,
梅萨拉
I hope this letter finds you well, if at all.
我希望这封信寄到你身边时 你一切都好
As with all the others I’ve sent over the past three years,
和这三年来其他我给你寄的信一样
I expect no response.
我知道你不会回信
I can only hope that it is by your choice and not by the way of your demise.
我只能寄望你是不想回信 而不是你已战死
I always prefer not to see my food before I eat it.
我一直很想看看我的食物生前的样子
That’s probably the best idea.
感觉真有趣
You would hardly recognize your Jerusalem now.
现在的耶城和你走之前完全不一样了
What? What are you looking at?
你在看什么呢
The circus.
罗马竞技场
The Romans continue to leave their mark
罗马人到处留下他们的标志
and build their circus.
然后建造他们的竞技场
When you come home, I will honor the monstrosity
等你回家来的时候
by humiliating you in one of those chariots you Romans so love.
我要用你们罗马人热衷的战车竞赛来打败你
Yes, of course.
是的 必须的
But, brother, I do have news to tell you.
但是 兄弟 这回有件重要事要告诉你
Here, try it.
这里 尝试他
Two months ago,
二个月前
Esther’s father found a wealthy Roman for her to marry.
爱丝特的父亲找了家罗马大户 要给爱丝特成家
Hmm. Hmm.
嗯 嗯
We still have to find you something special.
再挑点你想买♥♥的
Oh, no, that’s okay. I don’t want anything.
不用了 我没什么想买♥♥的
I gave my blessing knowing in my heart it was a mistake.
我知道是我的错
I was reminded of how I used to jest to Mother
我以前常常和母亲说笑
that one day we would wed…
说我会和爱丝特会结为夫妻
Go with God.
上帝与你同在
Knowing the thought of her son, a prince,
可是母亲宁死不会同意
marrying a servant would send her to an early grave.
她不会同意我迎娶一个女仆
I couldn’t let her go.
但我放不下她
If you leave me, you leave me with nothing.
没有你 我一无所有
She is now my wife, brother.
他现在是我媳妇了 兄弟
Despite the wonderful life we have together,
在耶城 我们曾度过最快乐的时光
Rome has come to lay a hard hand on the city.
尽管现在这里却被罗马人的铁蹄践踏
Repeated attacks have left them with little patience.
不断的小规♥模♥冲♥突♥ 罗马人已经蠢蠢欲动
Thankfully, we’ve been able to retain their favor.
万幸 我们能够挡的住他们的进攻
Well, for now.
但那也只是暂时的
Hear my plea.
这就是我想说的
Be safe. Return home.
一切平安 尽早归家
I will listen to stories of your travels.
期待听你讲述你别样的旅途故事
Judah.
犹大
What have you found? I don’t know what it is.
你挑中什么了 我也不知道这个是什么
I know what this is! This is a Senet board.
这是赛尼特游戏盘
How much for this? Five shekels.
这个多少钱 5锡克尔币
A Zealot, and that he will be subject today
这名犹太教成员
to the customary punishment of crucifixion.
依惯例处以十字架刑罚
No! May his punishment
不要 以儆效尤
stand as a warning.
引以为戒
Ah, the Zealots. All they want is freedom.
犹太教狂热份子 他们不过是想要自♥由♥
And at what cost?
结果代价呢
If they had their way,
他们要是还胡来
they’ll bring the whole of Rome down on us.
迟早害得罗马直接对我们开战
Then where will our freedom be?
那我们的自♥由♥呢
How much is it? Five? Thank you, My Lord.
一共多少 5锡币吗 谢谢
There’s freedom elsewhere.
自♥由♥可以有其他形式
Excuse me?
你说什么
Love your enemies.
爱戴你的敌人
“Love your enemies.” Well, that’s very progressive.
爱戴你的敌人 真是闻所未闻
It’s the truth.
这是真理
God is love. He made us to share that love.
上帝爱世人 我们要发扬他宽容的爱
And where will your love be when the Romans
罗马大军来的时候
turn their anger on the rest of us?
你口中的爱要怎么保护我们呢
Hate and fear are lies.
仇恨恐惧不过是谎言
They turn us against each other.
正是这些谎言挑拨着世人
Those are the lies that make us slaves.
正是这些谎言将我们囚禁
He has a path planned for you.
上帝已为你铺好出路
If He has a path planned for me,
如果我的路是他选的
how am I better off than a slave?
我和囚犯奴仆有何不同
Why don’t you ask her?
你为何不问问她
Esther.
艾丝特
There’s truth to what he’s saying.
他说的有一点道理
There must be something better.
是应该有更好的出路
Better than what?
什么出路
Look around you.
你看这里
The roads are lined with the sick and poor.
到处是充斥着病痛和贫穷的苦命人
We should be grateful we’re not one of them.
所以我们该庆幸我们自己不是其中一员
Can you spare something, please? We can be more than grateful.
施舍点吧 除了庆幸我们就无事可做了吗
Esther, I’m not denying the fact that the world is a cruel place.
爱丝特 我不否认这世界残酷的事实
But it’s our responsibility to take care of ourselves
但我们应负的责任
and the ones we love.
是照顾好自己以及我们爱的人
If people took care of themselves, we’d all be saved.
只要每个人关照好自己 大家都可以被救赎
If God is righteous, then we should do righteous things.
上帝正义 我们应该做公正正确的事
If there is a God, then why doesn’t He do right by the world?
要是上帝真的存在 他为什么不让这世界正常运作
Come. Follow me.
跟上
Follow me. Follow me. This way.
跟上 这边走
Let’s go. Stay with me.
快走 跟紧我
Who’s there?
谁在那
Jacob, stop. He’s my brother.
雅各布 住手 他是我哥哥
Put the knife down.
把刀放下
Put it down.
放下刀
Judah.
犹大
What happened to him? He’s wounded.
他怎么了 他受伤了
Yes, I can see that. How? The cemetery.
怎么受的伤 陵园那儿
Romans take the stones of our ancestors
罗马人强夺我们陵园的墓石
to build their circus.
搬去建竞技场
Not anymore.
我们会阻止他们
You’re Zealots! We fight for your freedom.
你们是犹太教人 我们为了你们的自♥由♥而斗争
From what I can see, you get young boys injured.
我只知道你害你的年轻弟兄受伤了
We need a doctor.
我们需要找个医生
No, a doctor would inform the centurions.
不行 找医生会引起怀疑
Go and get a candle. Go.
拿碟蜡烛来
I need your knife.
我需要用到你的匕♥首♥
What’s your name?
你叫什么名字
Dismas. Dismas.
迪斯摩斯 迪斯摩斯
I hope you’re proud of yourselves.
希望你的所作所为有所值得
You know our aim.
你知道我们的宗旨
Independence from Caesar, ending the occupation of the Holy Land.
推♥翻♥凯撒统治获取独♥立♥ 重夺回圣地
By killing Romans? We settle scores.
就是杀几个罗马人 我们分分期目标的
Not here. Not in Jerusalem.
不准在耶路撒冷这么胡搞
Dismas, it’s a little bit of pain and then it’s done.
迪斯摩斯 这会有点痛 忍♥忍♥就过去了
Let me see.
让我看看
You’re a part of this?
你也参与了这事
The man you love is a Roman!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!