Miss Lindsay. I…
传闻说船上所有的文件都丢失了 但是
it is said all of the ship’s papers have been lost. But here…
这是我在爸爸的书房♥发现的
I found these in papa’s library.
这是什么
What are they?
爸爸对航行日志做的笔记
Papa’s notes on the ship’s log.
看起来是大副带出来的
It seems the first mate has come forward with it
他是…Stubbs先生
one… Mr. Stubbs.
我找不到航行日志原稿
I could not find the log itself
但是看爸爸的标记
but look at papa’s markings.
注意看地图上的位置
See the map positions.
从12月29日 柯林伍德船长和船员
From December 29, Captain Collingwood and his men
至少驶过八个港口
directed the ship past no less than 8 ports…
在这些港口都可以
where there was every opportunity
补充船上的淡水资源
to replenish the ship’s water supplies.
-老天啊 -但是他们却没有
– Good Lord. – And they did not.
他们要不是忽视了缺水的可能
They either ignored the possibilities
要不就是他们根本就不需要
or they were never in need.
这真是太关键了
This is remarkable.
也许你可以把这些事实
Perhaps if you could
公之于众 达文尼尔先生
make these facts known, Mr. Davinier.
这会把你置于尴尬的境地
This places you in an impossible position
曼斯菲尔德法官也是
with Lord Mansfield.
还有别的选择吗
What is the alternative?
陪我走走 琳赛小姐
Walk with me, Miss Lindsay.
从旅馆后门走可以避免碰到熟人
The back of the inn is safe from anyone who may know you.
那里只有些瞎子和醉汉
There’s no-one but blind and crying drunks.
爸爸为了让我眼不见心不烦
Papa would rather I see no ill, as though
仿佛忽视掉 就能让我解脱
by ignoring it, it somehow escapes me.
可能是出于身份的考虑
Perhaps by position but not…
而不是血缘上的
not by blood.
错从来都不在你身上
The fault was never with you.
这就是现实生活 和画上没什么两样
Just as in life, we are no better in paintings.
你当时害怕了
You were afraid.
害怕
Afraid?
画肖像画时挨着默里小姐
To be painted beside Miss Murray,
我当时嘲弄了你
and I ridiculed you.
我感到羞愧
I feel ashamed.
别自责了
Do not feel ashamed.
我们刚到伦敦的时候 伊丽莎白说
Elizabeth said something when we arrived in London.
我们女人只是男人的财产
“We women are but the property of gentlemen.”
但是我当时脑子的想法是
But it came into my head that I have been
我被给予了两倍的自♥由♥
blessed with freedom twice over.
因为我既是黑人也是女人
As a negro and as a woman.
确实是
I suppose you have.
但真的有吗
Or have I?
没有地位高的丈夫
Must not a lady marry even if she is financially secure?
有钱的女人就不能结婚吗
For who is she without a husband of consequence?
这样真蠢 看起来像是一个自♥由♥的黑人
It seems silly… like a free negro
乞求一个主人
who begs for a master.
确实…
Well…
除非她嫁给与她匹配的
unless… she marries her equal.
一个真正能与她匹敌的 欣赏她的男人
Her true equal. A man who respects her.
我还记着我父亲的眼睛
I remember my father’s eyes.
是那样和善 温柔
They were kind, gentle.
-就像你的 -我的
– A little like yours. – Mine?
我意思是…颜色上
I mean… in color.
尽管只和他待了几小时 但他给了我浓浓的爱
He showed me much love though I only knew him a few hours.
那你妈妈呢
What of your own mother?
我对她知之甚少
I know very little of her
除了她带给我了
other than the color
黑色的皮肤
she has given me.
至少你知道她很漂亮
Well then, at least you know she was beautiful.
我马上就要结婚了
I am to marry… shortly.
是阿什福德先生
Mr. Ashford.
他为人很友好 家世也好
He is amiable and of good family.
这是…你想要的吗
Is it… what you want?
否则我就要替代玛丽夫人的位置
The alternative is to replace Lady Mary
去管理肯伍德庄园
in her responsibilities at Kenwood.
但是她终身未婚啊
But she’s a spinster.
爸爸不相信我能找到一个光耀门楣的
Papa did not trust I could achieve a match
或是至少门当户对的婚事
that would raise my rank or even equal it.
就为了阶层的事你就要委屈自己
You are above reducing yourself for the sake of rank.
我希望他不是因为你的财产而和你结婚
I pray he would marry you without a penny to your name…
而是真心实意珍惜你
for that is a man who would truly treasure you.
我要是再也找不到和我这么合适
What if I shall never find someone so incomparably suitable?
又有钱的怎么办
And wealthy?
如果他很合适但是却让你失去自己 那会怎样
What if he is suitable but you do not feel ‘yourself’ with him?
黛朵 他了解我
Oh, Dido. He understood me.
他看着我的时候 整个世界都更美妙了
And whenever he looked at me I somehow felt better in this world.
我相信我们的感情会与日俱增
I am convinced his affections are growing
而且我确信我的爱…
and I feel certain of my own love…
别说了 那并不是爱
Oh, stop it! It is not love.
你别说了
You stop it.
你并不比我更懂得爱 是吧
You know no more of love than I myself, do you?
是吧 黛朵
Do you, Dido?
是的
No.
奥利弗和琳赛小姐真是天作之合
Oliver and Miss Lindsay make a blissful match.
她到底什么时候收到遗产
Exactly when is she due to receive her inheritance?
说吧 你家就你一个儿子吗
And tell me, are you an only son?
我有6个哥哥
I have 6 brothers, madam.
6个 天啊 他们都比你…
Six? Goodness. And… are they all…
年长吗 是的
Older, madam? Yes.
快看啊 男爵夫人乘船过来了
Oh, do look. Here comes the Baroness in her boat.
太美妙了 曼夫人
Oh, how dreadfully wonderful, Lady M.
你女儿美得像画里的人
Your girl is a picture.
完美无瑕的画 和他的意中人
An utter picture. With her intended?
是的 男爵夫人
Indeed, Baroness Vernon.
还有一个一点都不肯放弃啊
And I see the other does not give up.
真是太可爱了
So terribly endearing.
你们必须得见见曼斯菲尔德家的女孩
You must meet the Mansfield girl.
还待字闺中呢
Still available.
妈妈 沃恩先生过来了
Mama, Mr. Vaughn approaches.
我查过了 他在伦敦没住处
I have checked, he has no London home…
但是他每年至少有4000磅的收入
but he achieves an income of no less than 4,000 a year.
默里小姐 曼斯菲尔德夫人
Miss Murray. Lady Mansfield.
我猜你在伦敦待得挺惬意 默里小姐
I trust your stay in London is proving pleasant, Miss Murray.
确实是
Oh, most certainly.
我冒昧地请求您
I wonder if you might permit
允许我去你家拜访 过段时间
me to call upon you at home… some time?
能得到老夫人的许可吗
With her Ladyship’s permission?
我会提前准备的
I will make arrangements.
琳赛小姐
Miss Lindsay.
不用再找丈夫了 是吧
Not husband hunting, are we?
天啊 我忘了
Good Lord, I forgot…
你已经把我弟弟骗到手了
you have ensnared my brother.
说吧 你上了他的床 也要跟他同桌吃饭吗
Tell me, are you to share his dining room as well as his bed?
詹姆斯先生 你的家教
Oh, Mr. James, your manners
和你弟弟的财产一样贫乏
are as poor as your brother’s finances.
你这么蠢 倒是和他挺配的 话说回来
And you are foolish enough to marry him. I, on the other hand…
我不需要和你那穷鬼表妹再来往了
have no further use for your impoverished cousin.
尽管她确实能带来点有趣的消遣
Though she does make for rather amusing sport.
你弄疼我了
That is painful, sir!
从没人对你动过粗吗
Have you never been manhandled?
我可不打算与
It is not in my repertoire
野兽共处
to keep company with beasts.
你怎么敢这样
How dare you!
驾轻就熟
With ease.
你会毁了我们的
You will destroy us.
你会打乱我们整个家族的秩序
You will destroy the entire order of our family.
我从没想过要结婚
I’d never imagined myself to be married,
但是我阿姨却都决定好了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!