默里小姐今天到访
Nothing could have prevented
他怎么会不知道呢
him knowing that Miss Murray was visiting today.
爸爸
Papa.
曼斯菲尔德阁下最为人诟病的混血儿
Lord Mansfield’s infamous mulatto.
也难怪咱们的首席大♥法♥官
No wonder our Lord Chief Justice
不知道如何处理
knows not whether he’s coming or going.
你不说她怎会知道你怎么想
Well she cannot know your thoughts unless you offer them to her.
曼斯菲尔德家的姑娘们
Ah, the Ladies Mansfield.
过来
Come here.
小心
Careful.
黛朵 看
Oh, Dido, look,
詹姆斯先生给我做了一艘船 它翻了
Mr. James has made me a boat and it has capsized.
真可惜
What a dreadful shame.
给你的
For you.
琳赛小姐 你是否能赏光
Miss Lindsay, would you do me
和我一起去透透气呢 改天
the honor of taking some air with me… sometime?
你不在乎别人怎么说吗
Don’t you care what people will say?
这是什么意思 詹姆斯先生
What is that to mean, Mr. James?
别人会说什么
What should anyone say?
说他与一位不相熟的小姐单独散步
That he would compromise a lady’s reputation
这会影响她的闺誉
by stepping out with her scarcely having made her acquaintance.
我觉得你太紧张了 哥哥
I think you are a great deal too anxious, brother.
我们只是在沃克斯豪尔周围转转而已
We should merely take a turn around Vauxhall.
我很乐意 奥利弗先生
I should be delighted, Mr. Oliver.
非常乐意
Most delighted.
你真的要对抗父亲吗
Are you really to defy papa?
我从不相信会找到这样的女士
I did not think I would ever find a lady
你既不能征服她 也不能忽视她
who was not to be conquered or ignored…
直到遇见你
until you.
这事儿我没法放轻松
I am not at ease with this.
曼斯菲尔德大人会很伤心的
Lord Mansfield would be most aggrieved.
不会有事的
Oh… it can do no harm.
只是两家在一起聚聚而已
We are just two families spending some time together.
不过 如果有可能
Although, if a desirable match
出现合适的配对的话
were a possibility…
你亲爱的丈夫也不会反对的 是吧
your dear husband could have no objection, could he?
他们不见了 人们会觉得她太野了
Oh, they’ve disappeared. People will think she has no family.
人们会觉得他们在谈情说爱的
People will think they are courting.
感觉到我的心跳了吗
See how my heart beats?
我彻底被你迷住了 琳赛小姐
I am utterly taken with you, Miss Lindsay.
不顾你哥哥如此明显的反对吗
Despite such pronounced protestations from your brother?
他没法像我一样忽略你母亲的出身
He cannot overlook your mother’s origins as I do.
太愚蠢了
Foolish.
你更好的那一半血统
Why should anyone even pay her regard…
让你如此高贵美丽
when your better half has equipped you so well with…
怎么还会有人去关注她给你的那一半
with loveliness and privilege?
好美的声音
What a lovely sound.
毫不松懈的音乐素养 走吧 去看看
You are unrelentingly cultured. Come, let’s find it.
我希望你知道我对你印象很好
I do hope you know how well I think of you.
就像我对你一样
As I do you.
曾经 我只在梦里想象过这样的时刻
I might have only dreamed of these moments, at one time.
真的吗
Really?
我希望你不会再转移注意力到别人身上
Then I hope you plan to honor your attentions…
留我一人看起来像个傻瓜
as not to would leave me looking quite foolish.
那样我就没脸再自称是绅士
And I should not call myself a gentleman.
你现在也像个征服者了 奥利弗先生
You are much of the conqueror, Mr. Oliver.
-达文尼尔先生 -琳赛小姐
– Mr. Davinier. – Miss Lindsay.
多么
How…
多么高兴见到你
how nice to see you.
我也一样 琳赛小姐
And you, Miss Lindsay.
请原谅我
Forgive me. Uh…
阿什福德先生 请允许我向你介绍
Mr. Ashford, may I present to you…
达文尼尔先生是汉姆斯特德的牧师的儿子
Mr. Davinier. He is the son of our vicar at Hampstead.
牧师啊
A clergyman.
晚上好 先生
Good evening to you, sir.
先生
Sir.
琳赛小姐 你怎么一个人
Miss Lindsay. You are alone.
我都没找到机会
I did not have the chance to
在你离开前向你道歉
see you before you left to convey my apologies.
-道歉 -你的律师实习
– Apologies? – Your pupillage.
父亲原本不会终结你的实习
Father would never have ended it,
你也本不会离开肯伍德
you never would have had to leave Kenwood…
他要知道我跟你讲话 会让我生不如死
He would make mine a living hell were he to know of us speaking.
我一直在跟进桑格号♥案
I have tried to keep up with the Zong…
请原谅我
Forgive me.
我一直在跟进…桑格号♥案
I have tried to keep up… with the Zong.
可悲的人们 就是看不到
Tis pitiful. Such inability to simply know
别人的生命有怎样的价值
what value to put on another’s life.
一个卑微的黑人能有什么价值
What price a worthless negro?
你完全理解错了我的意思
You utterly misunderstand me.
我是说没有人能像货物那样明码标价
I am saying that no man may have the value of cargo.
人是无法被标价的
Human beings cannot be priced
因为我们是无价的 无论自♥由♥人还是奴隶
since we are priceless. Freemen and slaves alike.
我不是一个人来的 法学院的所有学生
I am with others here. All students in law…
都在给保险公♥司♥施加压力
applying pressure on the insurance companies…
让他们从此拒绝给船上的奴隶上保险
to refuse from hereon to insure slaves on any ship.
但这需要改变法律
But that would require a change in law.
如果我们生活在一个如此野蛮的世界
How can we expect to be
又怎么能期待文明呢
civilized when we live in such a barbaric world?
这是完全的不公正
It is the utter injustice.
不止如此
It is more than that.
法律如果支持这种残暴的交易
It is the shame of a law that would uphold
那将是法律的耻辱
a financial transaction upon that atrocity.
说的没错
That is indeed the truth.
我从没见过任何人像你这样说话
I have never heard anyone speak like you.
我也没见过任何人像你一样 琳赛小姐
Nor I you, Miss Lindsay.
你该回去了 他们会着急的
You should return. They will be anxious.
再见 琳赛小姐
Goodbye, Miss Lindsay.
再见 达文尼尔先生
Goodbye… Mr. Davinier.
琳赛小姐
Miss Lindsay…
我们会在肯特镇的驿站商议
we commune at the Coaching Inn, Kentish Town…
一般是晚上
most evenings.
清楚了
Quite.
伊丽莎白很有进取心
Elizabeth is a determined spirit.
她需要一位能安抚她脾气的绅士
She will need a gentleman who can temper her.
真是项挑战
Quite a task.
我可以认为我们就这样决定了吗
Do I sense that an address is finally to be made?
她真是个高雅的女孩
She is an exquisite girl.
鉴于她父亲没有男性继承人
And since there is no male heir…
伊丽莎白和她的丈夫
it will fall upon Elizabeth and her husband…
就将最终继承肯伍德和它所有土地
eventually, to inherit Kenwood and all its lands.
阿什福德夫人 我…
Lady Ashford, I…
一定在考虑许多杰出人士的求婚吧
I realize that there will be many worthy addresses to consider.
曼斯菲尔德夫人 怎么了
Lady Mansfield, what is it?
身无分文
Penniless?
名下连一寸土地一个先令都没有
Without an inch of property or a shilling to her name.
你听到了吗 詹姆斯
Do you hear that, James?
一位淑女只有良好的教养是不够的
A lady’s good breeding alone will not do.
你哥哥需要能给他带来更多土地的妻子
Your brother needs a wife who can bring him more land…
如果他想拥有
if he is ever to exert
比你们父亲更多的政♥治♥影响力的话
more political influence than your father has!
那她的父亲呢
But what of her own father?
斯托蒙子爵七世是个混账
The 7th Viscount Stormont is a scoundrel.
他和那女孩恶毒的后妈
Ensconced in Vienna with that
以及后来生的孩子一起住在维也纳
girl’s vicious step-mama and his new offspring…
我听说那孩子继承了一切
who, I am told, is to inherit everything.
我必须得说 身无分文
I must say, pen-ni-less!
不过 谢天谢地 她表妹不是
Though, thankfully, her cousin is not.
我每次看那女孩都觉得她愈发美丽动人
Each time I set eyes on that girl she becomes more beautiful.
她身上带着农民的颜色
She has the coloring of a farmer.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!