Everything’s a little late this year.
救人本是神的大能
For it is the power of God unto salvation…
主基♥督♥如是说 阿门
so sayeth Christ the Lord. Amen.
赞美诗第76篇
Hymn number 76.
达文尼尔先生
Mr. Davinier.
等等
Wait.
我刚只是好奇
I was curious.
坐上这么久 还真不容易
Quite a task… to sit for so many hours.
当然了
Of course.
我似乎是最后得知桑格号♥案件的人了
I appear the only one to have just learned of the Zong case.
或许你的生活和这种事情关系不大
Perhaps yours is a life less concerned with such matters.
为什么这样评价我
Why do you judge me so?
事实上我…
It is a fact that I have
关于这件事我思虑良久
contemplated on the matter for many hours and I…
我不认为奴隶应当被溺死
I do not think the slaves could have been
就像你描述的那样
drowned in the way that you say.
你不是两耳不闻窗外事吗
Are you at utter disconnect from everything?
达文尼尔先生 拜托
Mr. Davinier, please.
告诉我你所知道的
Tell me what you know.
告诉我
Tell me.
别用说笑打发我
Do not render me your amusement.
我只能说出我所相信的
I can only tell you what I believe.
那又是怎样的
And what… what is that?
奴隶是被扔进水里的
The slaves were thrown into the waters…
用铁链拴在一起
chained together as one.
他们生病了
They were diseased…
相比起活着的残次货品
worth more as dead insured merchandise,
死后赔付的保险金可值钱得多
than as alive spoiled goods.
琳赛小姐
Miss Lindsay…
但保险公♥司♥在上诉
But the insurers are appealing?
他们拒绝为谋杀奴隶买♥♥单
They are refusing to pay for murdered slaves.
谢谢你
Thank you.
你告诉她 他们是被残忍♥溺死的
You told her they were wantonly drowned?
那些奴隶病了 有的已经死去
Those slaves were diseased, some were already die, yes,
但他们终归是死在旅途之中
but it was essential that they die on the journey…
否则就不能纳入保险赔付的范畴
or they would not come under the insurance consideration.
如果他们病死 保险公♥司♥也不会赔付
Neither, too, if they had expired of their diseases.
所以他们被杀死了
That is why they were killed.
我邀请你来我家
You’ve invited to my home
还把机密文件拿给你看
and taken advantage of confidential matters afforded you.
这些消息已经公开流传数月了
These ‘matters’ have been for public consumption for months.
琳赛小姐不是孩子 更不是傻瓜
Miss Lindsay is no child… no fool.
悉心照顾她的人是我
Her precious care is in my hands…
我会决定她何时能承受这样的现实
and I will decide when she is ready for such realities…
而不是什么牧师的儿子
not the son of a vicar!
我会收拾行李离开
I will gather my belongings.
去吧
Do so.
法官阁下 问个问题
Your Lordship, a question.
什么
Well?
作为区区牧师之子
As the mere son of a vicar…
我在想你对这位
I wonder whether the value you extend
宝贝混血侄女的关爱
to your very precious mulatto niece.
这份关爱这是否
Well I wonder if it amounts to
和那些被商贩们杀死的
more or less than the 30 pounds insurance
每条价值30英镑保险费的人命相当
the traders are asking for each life they murdered?
再见 阁下
Good day, my Lord.
达文尼尔先生
Mr. Davinier…
如果你再接近她
find yourself in her vicinity again…
我会让你后悔当初认识我
and I will make you rue the day you ever set eyes on me.
约翰·达文尼尔今天走得真早
John Davinier is leaving very early today.
愿全世界废除奴隶制
愿全世界废除奴隶制
愿全世界废除奴隶制
曼斯菲尔德法官
桑格号♥事件与英国贸易的衰落
曼斯菲尔德法官
桑格号♥事件与英国贸易的衰落
曼斯菲尔德法官
桑格号♥事件与英国贸易的衰落
曼斯菲尔德法官
桑格号♥事件与英国贸易的衰落
你在这儿 他们在找我们
There you are. We are requested.
你去客厅 我去女士起居室
You drawing room. I relegated to the ladies’ parlor.
我们要去伦敦参加社交季
We are to attend London for the season.
我们终于能开始交际了吗
We are to finally ‘come out’?
伊丽莎白要开始交际了
Elizabeth is to come out.
黛朵不行
Dido is not.
为什么
But… why?
你明白这世上女性的生存之道 黛朵
You understand the ways of the world for a female, Dido.
伊丽莎白没有财产
Elizabeth has no income.
在婚事定下来之前
You are to meet as many
你要尽可能多地去结识绅士们
gentlemen as possible before we make the match.
等财产传到她父亲手里
When all this has gone to her father,
她就什么都没有了
there’ll be nothing left for her.
那我呢
And… me?
血统尊贵的绅士
Any gentleman of good breeding…
不大可能会和黛朵定下婚约
would be unlikely to form a serious attachment to Dido.
身份不尊贵的又会拉低她的地位
And a man without would lower her position in society.
她不只是我的表妹 妈妈
She’s not merely my cousin, Mama.
-爸爸 拜托 -她是我妹妹
– Papa, please. – She is my sister.
这些是家里的钥匙
These are the keys of the house.
我不能丢下她独自去伦敦
I cannot attend London without her.
它们在你阿姨腰间挂了30年了
They have hung at your aunt’s waist for 30 years.
我不要像玛丽夫人 我不是没人要的老处♥女♥
I am not Lady Mary. I am not an unwanted maid.
玛丽夫人年事已高 不能再掌管这座宅邸
Lady Mary is too old to continue in charge of the house.
等你回来就接手吧
You may take up your duties on your return.
老爷知道
Lord knows I’ll need
我得要你们俩一起互相有个照应
the two of you to keep each other out of trouble.
您这是在惩罚我吗
Are you punishing me?
惩罚你
Punishing you?
你是最受珍视的
You are most cherished.
最得疼爱的
Most loved.
我太难过了
I’m so very sorry.
你觉得我会在城里遇上詹姆斯先生吗
Do you think I may see Mr. James in town?
可能吧
Perhaps.
我可能会爱上这样的男子 黛朵
I could fall in love with such a man, Dido.
爱
Love?
贝蒂 你不该如此感情用事
Bette, you shall feel no such sentiment…
不然要么穷困要么心碎
for you shall either end poor or broken-hearted.
你是不是松了口气
Aren’t you quietly relieved…
不必把自己托付给
that you shan’t be at the caprice
哪个蠢男人和他的家业
of some silly Sir and his fortune?
剩下的我们则无从选择
The rest of us haven’t the choice.
只要有兄弟 我们就没有继承遗产的机会
Not a chance of inheritance if we have brothers…
又不让我们工作
and forbidden from any activity
没法挣钱养活自己
that allows us to support ourselves.
我们只是他们的财产
We are but their property.
姑娘们 快过来吧
Girls! Come along now.
生火准备晚餐吧 托马斯
Light the fires for dinner, will you, Thomas?
好的 夫人
Certainly, ma’am.
谢谢
Thank you.
给您睡袜 默里小姐
Some bed-socks for you, Miss Murray.
琳赛小姐
Miss Lindsay.
谢谢 玛布尔 你真好
Thank you, Mabel. How kind.
今晚比想象中冷一些
It’s not as warm as we’d hoped tonight.
需要我帮忙吗 琳赛小姐
Can I help you with that, Miss Lindsay?
您得从发梢梳起 小姐
You must start from the ends, miss.
我妈妈教我的
My mam taught me.
瞧
See?
答应我 如果你成为这家的女主人
Promise me you will do something about that vulgar teal paint…
一定得把这蓝灰色油漆处理掉
if you ever become lady of this house.
亟待解决 伊丽莎白
It is positively wanting, Elizabeth.
曼斯菲尔德夫人 玛丽夫人和侄女们 夫人
Lady Mansfield, Lady Mary and their nieces, madam.
-女士们 -阿什福德夫人
– Ladies. – Lady Ashford.
先士们呢 詹姆斯先生呢
And the gentlemen? Mr. James?
当然来了
Here, of course.