Dr. Lester, this is all really fascinating and stuff…
但我该回家了 太太还在等我
but I gotta… get back home to my wife.
你有太太 我想见见她
You have a wife. I’d like to meet her.
没问题
Yes, sir.
星期四一起吃晚餐好吗
Shall we say dinner Thursday?
如果你喜欢 你也可以来
You can come, too, if you like.
懂吗 这是双关语 我是说”你也可以来”
Get that? That was a joke. You hear what I said? You can come too.
真好笑
That was a good one.
好了 谢谢你
All right. Thank you.
玛克辛
Maxine. Maxine.
-我赶上了 -刚刚好
-I made it, Maxine. -Just.
我请你喝一杯
Buy you a drink, Maxine?
你结婚了吗
Are you married?
对 但别再谈我了
Yeah. But enough about me.
对
Yeah.
你要喝什么
What’ll you have?
同样的再来一杯
I’ll have more of the same, please, Barry.
我要一瓶淡啤酒
And I’ll have, uh, a light beer or something.
我不知道…我…我喜欢你
I don’t know… I, uh… I like you.
我不知道为什么
I don’t know what it is about you. I just…
我的奶头
My tits?
不是 不不不
No! No, no, no, no.
不是
No?
是你的活力 态度和举止
It’s your energy, the way you carry yourself.
你不是同性恋吧
You’re not a fag, are you?
不是 我真的被你吸引
No. I am really attracted to you.
“我真的被你吸引” 老天 你是同性恋
“I am really attracted to you.” Christ, you are a fag.
我们可以交换食谱 达琳
Well, we can share recipes if you like, Darlene.
不 等等
No, wait!
我喜欢你的奶头 我要和你做♥爱♥
I love your tits. I wanna fuck ’em.
好 现在我们有进展了
Now we’re gettin’ somewhere.
你别想
Not a chance.
告诉我你自己的事
So tell me about yourself, huh?
不过先把你那淫秽的脑袋清一清
If you can get your mind out of the gutter long enough, dog boy.
我是木偶师 曾经…
Well, I’m a puppeteer. I… I’ve been…
买♥♥单
Check.
对不起 我回来晚了
I’m sorry I’m so late.
莱斯特硬是不让我走
I just… Lesteri just wouldn’t… let me get away.
嗨 伊利亚 他邀我们星期四去吃晚餐
Hi, Elijah. We’re supposed to have dinner with him on Thursday…
如果你不愿意 我们可以拒绝
but I can get us out of it, if you want.
他是个有趣的老色狼
He’s like this insane old lech, and it’s kind of amusing…
如果你习惯那些令人做呕的部分
once you get past how disgusting it actually is.
你吃过了吗
Did you eat?
不 我不饿 抱歉没打电♥话♥回家
No. I’m not hungry. I’m sorry I didn’t call.
当时实在不好离开
It was just hard to get away.
我好担心
I was worried.
对不起
I’m sorry.
你知道…
You know…
你要我去上班的
you wanted me to work.
你晚上怎么过的
How was your evening?
汤汤的伤口发炎
Tom-Tom’s puncture wound is infected.
是雪貂吗
The ferret?
-是蜥蜴 -对
-The iguana. -Right.
我帮他整理伤口
So I just dressed the wound…
刚才喂完大家 把他们送去睡觉
and I’ve just been feeding everyone and putting everybody to bed.
要不要啤酒
You want a beer?
不要 我想睡了
No. I think I’m going to go to bed.
今晚伊利亚和我们一起睡
Elijah’s gonna sleep with us tonight.
他不太舒服
I don’t think he’s feeling very well.
我想到工作室一下
Well, you know what? I’m gonna go in my workshop for a little while.
-等会儿就回来 -好
-But I’ll be in in a little while. -Okay.
克雷格 为什么你喜欢木偶戏
Tell me, Craig, why do you love puppeteering?
玛克辛 我也不确定
Well, Maxine, I’m not sure exactly.
或许是想暂时变成另一个人
Perhaps it’s the idea of becoming someone else for a little while.
进入别人体内
Being inside another skin…
改变想法 动作和感觉
thinking differently, moving differently… feeling differently.
非常有趣
Interesting, Craig.
你想不想进入我的体内…
Would you like to be inside my skin…
了解我的想法和感觉
think what I think, feel what I feel?
那是我最想做的事 玛克辛
More than anything, Maxine.
这里好棒
It’s good in here, Craig.
连你那最狂野的梦都比不上
It’s better than your wildest dreams.
我对你没兴趣
You’re not somebody I could get interested in, Craig.
你玩洋娃娃
You play with dolls.
是木偶 玛克辛 我是想进入别人的体内
Puppets, Maxine. It’s the idea of being inside someone else’s skin…
体会他们的眼光和感觉
and seeing what they see and feeling what they feel.
恶心
Yikes!
那只是…听我解释
It’s just that, well… Please let me explain.
我从来没做过这种事
I’ve never done this before, but…
对你 我有种从未有过的感觉
I feel something for you,
之前我从未有过这种感觉…
and I’ve never felt this way before…
对于任何人 即使对我太太
you know, about anybody, n-not even my wife.
我真的觉得我们是天生一对
And I just… I really feel that you and I belong together, Maxine.
妈的
Shit.
-回见 -你好 收发室
-See you later. -Hello. Mail room.
是的 是的 文件代码是什么
Yeah. Yeah. What’s the file number?
那个木偶师今天告诉我 他爱我
Oh, you know what? The puppeteer told me he loved me today.
我知道 没有比这更悲惨的
I know, I can’t think of anything more pathetic.
对不起
I’m sorry.
午安 先生
Good afternoon, sir.
请到包贺斯剧院
The Broadhurst Theater, please.
嘿 你不就是那个演员吗
Hey, say, uh… ain’t you that actor guy?
对
Yes.
约翰什么…约翰…
John, uh… What is, uh… John, um, uh…
别告诉我 麦普勒索
Uh, don’t tell me. Maplethorpe?
-马尔科维奇 -马尔科维奇 对 对
-Malkovich. -Malkovich. Right, right. Okay.
你在那部电影里演得很好
Yeah. I thought you were all right in that one movie.
谢谢
Thank you.
就是你演珠宝大盗的那部
The one where you played a jewel thief.
我从来没演过珠宝大盗
I never played a ijewel thief.
没有
No?
那我想成谁了
Who am I thinkin’ of?
我不知道
I don’t know.
不 不 我确定是你
No, no, I’m pretty sure it was you.
好 没错 宝贝
Yeah. Absolutely, doll. Yeah.
我正要收工
I’m ijust about to close up.
二十分钟后在刺猪酒吧见
Wanna meet at the Pig in 20 minutes?
好 再见
Cool. Bye.
我要走了 木偶人 帮我锁门 好吗
I’m splittin’ for the day, puppet man. Lock up for me, okay?
你不想知道我发生什么事吗
Don’t you wanna know what happened to me?
不想
No.
拜托 很重要
Please, this is important.
最好是
Better be.
绝对是
It is.
在我办公室里有个小门
There’s a tiny door in my office, Maxine.
那是个入口 通往约翰·马尔科维奇的体内
It’s a portal, and it takes you insideJohn Malkovich.
你从约翰的眼里看世界
You see the world throughJohn Malkovich’s eyes…
大约十五分钟后
and then after about 15 minutes,
被吐出来掉到纽泽西收费公路旁的沟里
you’re spit out into a ditch on the side of the New Jersey Turnpike.
听起来不错 谁是约翰·马尔科维奇
Sounds great! Who the fuck is John Malkovich?
他是二十世纪美国重要的演员
Oh, he’s an actor. He’s one of the great American actors of the 20th century.
他演过什么
Oh, yeah? What’s he been in?
很多 珠宝大盗就是其中之一
Lots of things. That jewel thief movie, for example.
他很受尊重 总之 重点是…
He’s very well respected. Anyway, the point is…
这件事很奇特
this is a very odd thing.
只能说是超自然的
It’s supernatural, for lack of a better word.
我是说 这会引起各种哲学上的疑问
I mean, it raises all sorts of philosophical-type questions, you know…
关于个人的本质 关于灵魂的存在
about the nature of self, about the existence of a soul.
我是我吗 还是约翰·马尔科维奇呢
You know, am I me? Is Malkovich Malkovich?
刚才我手里有一块木板
I had a piece of wood in my hand.
现在却不见了 到哪里去了