Dawn. Sawn…
他曾见过喝醉的流浪汉睡在地上
He’s seen this before. Bums sprawled out from drinking.
但他自己却从未立于排风口之上
But he has never actually stood over the blowers,
让热气渗入到他的衣服里
let the hot air seep into his clothes.
这是从图书馆排出来的热气
The air is sucked out of the library.
再冷的夜晚 这里也是温暖的
Even on the coldest nights there is too much heat inside.
排风区就像另一个监狱
It’s another prison, these blowers.
你一旦躺下 就舍不得离开
Because once you have landed, you can’t leave.
因为离开就意味着刺骨的寒冷
Because one step off the blower is cold, hypothermia cold,
因为此时你的身体已经被蒸汽浸湿
now that you are sodden with steam.
排风口就像一间没有墙壁的暖房♥
The blower is a room of heat with no walls.
我的父亲成了一个隐形人
My father is an invisible man,
住在隐形的房♥间里
in an invisible room,
生活子隐形的城市中
in the invisible city.
十分感谢您的帮助 先生
I really appreciate the help, sir.
-叫我卡洛斯好了 -好的 卡洛斯
– Call me Carlos. – Okay. Carlos.
杰里 你无家可归有几天了
So, Jerry, how many nights have you been homeless?
就一晚 和别人老婆一起的倒霉夜晚
Just one night. One bad night with the wife, boy.
一个倒霉的晚上就足够了
That is all it takes, one bad night.
你说得没错
You got that right.
你好 尼克
What is up, Nick?
新人不能带酒精和武器进来
For the new guys, no bottles or weapons, okay?
好了 你可以了
All right, you’re good.
先生 请伸开双臂 谢谢
Stretch your arms out for me, sir. Please? Thank you.
好了 走吧
All right. Step up.
我想要间房♥过夜
I’d like a room for the evening.
你想要张床
You want a bed?
那样也可以
That’ll do for now.
好一个惊喜
Well, this is a pleasant surprise.
你现在在这里工作
So, you’re employed here now?
是的 我在这里工作
Yes, I’m employed here.
很好 我同意 我们生来就要帮助别人
Well, I approve. We are put on this Earth to help other people.
你肯定正在搜集绝佳的写作素材
You must be gathering some excellent material.
你还发不发床票啊
Hey. You giving out tickets, or what?
非常感谢
Many thanks.
要是有个独♥立♥房♥间的话 就更棒了
And if a private room does open up, I’d be grateful.
怎么了
Hey, what’s up?
我爸爸在这里
My father is here.
-什么 -我爸爸来这里了
– What? – My father, he’s here.
他今晚要住在这里 他是这里的客人
He’s staying here, he is a guest tonight.
天哪
Jesus.
不会吧
Oh, shit.
你♥爸♥爸在这里借宿 你亲生父亲
Your dad is sleeping here. Your own father.
尼克 伙计 你是我见过最不幸的人
Nick, man, you are the unluckiest guy I know.
谢了 卡洛斯 拜托你不要到处乱说
Thanks, Carlos. Just keep it to yourself, man. Please?
没问题
No worries.
尼克 今晚需要回家休息下吗
Hey, Nick. You feel like going home tonight?
不 为什么
No. Why?
因为你♥爸♥爸在这里
Because your father is here.
看来你已经听说了
So you heard about that.
是的
Yeah.
还有谁知道
Who else knows?
我们都会帮助你的 伙计
We are with you, man.
该死的卡洛斯
Fucking Carlos.
你今晚可以不用上班
Maybe you could take the night off.
我可以找个替补
You know, I can get a fill-in.

No.
这是我的工作 我哪儿也不去
It’s my job. I work here.

Let’s go.
跟我来
Come with me.
下铺
Bottom bunk.
尼古拉斯
Nicholas.
风景不错
Interesting view.
我还以为你住在朋友家里
I thought you were staying at a friend’s place?
出现了一些小插曲
A couple of things fell through.
我在出租车里住了一阵子
I was bunking in my cab for a while,
后来又不行了
but that is no longer possible.
只好露宿街头
So I have been sleeping alfresco.
街头 露宿 多久了
Alfresco? You mean outside? For how long?
三个星期左右
Three weeks or so.
反应别这么大 我倒觉得是个机会
Don’t look so grave. This is a great opportunity for me.
什么机会
What opportunity?
冻死的机会吗
The opportunity to freeze to death?
观察另一个世界生活的机会
The opportunity to see how the other half lives.
穷♥人♥ 社会底层的人
The poor, the downtrodden.
我跟你一样 都在搜集素材
I’m doing the same thing here as you are, gathering material.
不 我没有 这就是我的生活
No, I’m not gathering material. This is my life.
生活就是搜集素材
Life is gathering material.
我喜欢这句 帮我记一下
I like that. Help me remember that.
他们甚至不让我带笔进来
They won’t even let me bring a goddamned pen up here.
你难道不能帮我找支笔
Can’t you do anything about that?
-不行 -你在这里就没什么特权吗
– No. – Don’t you have any clout around here?
没有
Sorry.
总之 我的写作水准日臻完美
Well, anyway, my writing is going extremely well, by the by.
作品已经修订到第三十七章了
I’m already almost done with my revisions to Chapter 37.
有机会给你看看 传世经典啊
Perhaps I’ll let you read it someday. It’s classic.
-你不能在这里住下去 -为什么
– Okay, look, you can’t stay here. – Why not?
因为我在这里上班
Because I work here.
别担心 逗留只是暂时的
Well, don’t worry. This is only a very temporary situation.
我一点也不想打扰你的生活
I don’t want to disrupt your life in the least.
有个朋友一直求我搬去佛罗里达
I have a friend of mine who’s begging me to move down to Florida.
那里有地方住 还有工作等着我
He has a guest house and a job there for me.
佛罗里达 听起来很不错
Okay. Florida, that sounds great.
而在此期间
In the meantime,
我们可以借此机会
this is an excellent opportunity for
弥补我们逝去的日子
you and I to make up for lost time.
命运之神给了我们短暂相聚的时光
Destiny has brought us together for one fleeting moment.
别不把它当回事
Let us not spit in its eye.
再次谢谢你 伙计
Thank you again, man.
要是这破玩意不行 就告诉我
And you know, let me know if that shit don’t work out.
告诉我 好吗
Let me know, all right?
好的 下次见
Okay. We’ll see you.
好的
All right.
你可以带他来这里住几天
I mean, you could ask him to stay here for a few days.
不行
No, he can’t.
我都不知道佛罗里达是不是真的
I don’t even know if the Florida thing is real.
希望是真的 我是为你好
I hope so, for your sake.
只有大♥麻♥吗
Just weed, right?
你说什么
Excuse me?
你只卖♥♥大♥麻♥ 是吗
You’re only selling weed, right?
没错
Yeah, just weed.
我的意思是 他终归是你♥爸♥爸
I’m just saying, he’s your father.
我的爸爸在我心中
I’ve had father figures.
尼克 注意看球
All right, Nick! Keep your eye on the ball.
他们全都燃起来了
They were all burned up.
身体的变化真是令人惊奇 尼克
It’s amazing what can happen to the human body, Nick.
该死的 你给他看什么东西
Hey! What the hell are you showing him?
-你好 甜心 -搞什么 特拉维斯
– Hey, sweetie. – What the fuck, Travis?
把枪收起来 我有话跟你说
Pick that up! Come on, I want to talk to you.
作为驾驶员他的年纪还太小
I thought he was a little young to be driving a car.
你会没命的 进屋去
You could have killed yourself. Get inside!
太谢谢你了
Thank you very much.
不客气
You’re welcome.
-祝你愉快 -你也是
– Have a good day. -You, too.
在我的成长中 妈妈交过许多不同的男友
My mom had a lot of different boyfriends, growing up.
来 伙计 好球
Come on, buddy. Good job.
但爸爸从未出现
But I never had a father.
幸好还有妈妈
Luckily, I had a mother.
在跟谁玩球呢
Hey, who you playing ball with?
没人 自个儿玩
Nobody. Myself.
戴上手套陪我玩

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!