谁要是敢来找事儿
or walking down the street, whatever.
砰 我就一下子砸他头上
Bamo! Right in the head.
意思就是 我跟你说
It sends a little message, let me tell you.
我想教训那可恶的房♥东
I’d like to take that scumbag landlord,
把这个塞进他屁♥眼♥里
and I’d like to ram it right up his ass.
这个房♥东 卑鄙的商人兼瘾君子
This landlord, this merchant, this fucking user…
很好 你能先把这个收起来吗
Hey, that is great. Would you mind putting that away?
我想拿这个
I’d like to take this and
-拜托 -塞进他妈的屁♥眼♥
– Please? – ram it up his fucking ass,
在里边转几下 插♥进♥去
twist it around, pull it down,
把他里边的肠子给捣出来
rip out his innards and fucking pull them out.
你明白了吧
You get the fucking picture.
这是我第一任妻子 乔迪
That was my first wife, Jody.
我知道是谁 她是我母亲
I know who it is. She was my mother.
我知道她是你母亲
I know she was your mother.
她是世上最漂亮的女人
She was the most beautiful woman in the world.
她是我一生的挚爱
She was the love of my life.
她是我真爱之光
She was the light of my love.
如果她还在世 我们就能团聚了
I know if she was still alive today, we’d be together.
真是个悲惨的意外
Such a tragic accident.
什么意外
What accident?
让她韶华早逝的意外
The accident that cut her life short.
那不是意外 她写遗书了
It wasn’t an accident. She left a note.
里边提到我了吗
Did it mention me?
没有
No.
你妈妈不擅长写信
Not much of a letter writer, your mother.
好了 尼古拉斯 我们开始吧
All right, Nicholas. Why don’t we get started.
把这些东西拿下来 放在盒子里
You can just take all this stuff and throw it in a box.
画要小心点
The paintings be careful of.
特别是这幅和那幅 还有墙上那个
Especially this one and that one, and that one on the wall.
照看好这些东西 它们都很珍贵
Be careful of all this stuff. It’s all valuable.
尼古拉斯 这个你收下
Nicholas, I want you to have this.
这是杰克逊·波洛克的原作
This is an original Jackson Pollock.
美国抽象表现主义的先驱 20世纪最有影响力的艺术家之一
他是我朋友
He was a friend.
不 我不能
Oh, no. I couldn’t.
我希望你收下
No, I want you to have it.
好吧 谢谢
Okay, thanks.
你还过来搬东西吗 这可是你的东西
Are you going to help move this stuff, since it’s yours?
我也想 但是我两腿都有致命的静脉炎
I wish I could, but I suffer from lethal phlebitis in both legs.
拿好这些箱子 里边都是我的手稿
You be careful with those boxes. There’s manuscripts.
手稿
Manuscripts.
他们是你朋友吗
Those are your friends?
算是吧
I guess. Yeah.
一个同性恋 一个黑人瘾君子
A homosexual and a black pothead?
祝你好运吧
Well, good luck to you.
我得去工作了
Well, I have to get to work now.
弄完之后麻烦你把门锁上
Do you mind just locking the padlock when you’re finished?
好的 等等 你是开出租车的吗
Yeah. Wait. So you drive a taxi?
这样我可以很好的观察
Well, it’s an excellent way of learning
各色各样的人
about all different kinds of people.
你的工作是什么
And what is your vocation?
我的工作嘛
My vocation? Uh…
我做过好多工作
I’ve done lots of different jobs.
我一直以为你会成为一个作家
I always thought you’d end up a writer,
就像你老爸我
like your old man.
其实我也写作 偶尔尝试着写
Actually, I do write. You know, sometimes. I try.
可没有尝试写作这回事
Well, there is no such thing as trying to write.
要么写 要么不写
One writes, or one doesn’t.
你得利用所有的机会来锻炼你的文笔
You have to take every opportunity to practice your craft.
好歹你从我这里继承了一些写作的天分
Anyway, I know you have inherited some writing talent from me,
因为我绝对是个伟大的作家
because I am a truly great writer.
我给你看样东西
I’m going to show you something.
我有一封来自维京出版社的信
I have a letter from Viking Press.
你听说过维京出版社吧
You’ve heard of Viking Press, haven’t you?
听过
Yeah.
看看 看看这个词
Look at this. Look at that phrase there.
来稿生动地展现了您的个性
“Your book is a virtuoso display of personality.
遗憾的是 我们还没有
“Unfortunately, its dosage
那么坚强的读者来承受此书的内容
would kill hardier readers than we have here.”
生动地展现 这可是维京出版社说的
“Virtuoso display,” Viking Press.
今天我很高兴 尼古拉斯
Well, it’s been a great pleasure, Nicholas.
你还需要什么吗 除了波洛克的画
You need anything? Aside from the Pollock?
不需要
No.
就这样吧 再见了
All right. Well, au revoir, then.
不客气
You’re welcome.
不用谢
Don’t mention it.
你父亲真是个极品
Your father’s a nightmare.
这是什么
What’s that?
是杰克逊·波洛克的画
It’s a fucking Jackson Pollock painting.
杰克逊·波洛克 天哪
Jackson Pollock? Jesus!
波洛克签名的时候把名字拼错了吧
Pollock spelled his name wrong when he signed it.
他给了我一件礼物
So then he gives me a gift,
一幅杰克逊·波洛克的画作
a Jackson Pollock painting.
我还傻乎乎的以为是真的
Which, like an asshole, I think is real.
在等了十♥八♥年♥之后
So after 18 years of wondering,
我终于知道父亲是什么人了
here’s what I learned about my father.
他是个种族主义者 恐同性恋者 还是个疯子
He’s a racist, he’s a homophobe, and he’s fucking crazy.
你能联♥系♥到他吗 要是你想这么做的话
Can you reach him? I mean, if you wanted to?
我觉得我再也不想见到他了 真的
I don’t know that I ever want to see him again. Really.
我不知道自己是怎么想的
I don’t know how I feel about it.
不清楚自己的感受
I can’t really locate what I feel.
所以你就给我打电♥话♥了
Is that why you called me?
让我来帮你理理头绪
To help you locate your feelings?
你想离开这里吗 你看起来太美了
Do you want to get out of here? You look beautiful.
别来那一套 我们现在是朋友了
None of that. We’re friends now.
我们是朋友
We’re friends?
是的
Yeah.
别误会 我喜欢跟你睡觉 但是…
I mean, don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed sleeping with you, but…
谢谢
Thank you.
我跟你说过我不想谈恋爱
I told you I didn’t want a relationship.
所以现在我们只是朋友
So, now we’re friends.
好吧 谢谢你告诉我
Okay. Well, thanks for letting me know.
不客气
You’re welcome.
你该考虑一下来避难街工作
You should think about working at Harbor Street.
为什么
Why?
我刚来的时候
Well, I was in kind of a fucked state,
精神上一塌糊涂
mentally, when I started there.
反正我就是喜欢在那里工作
Um, yeah, just, I like working there.
说说你那时候的事吧
Tell me about your fucked state.
你还想再来一杯吗
Do you want another one of these?
还好吗
All right?
最近不错吧
Hey, how are you? How’s it going?
这工作是谁介绍给你的
How did you hear about this job?
我朋友丹尼斯在这里工作
A friend of mine, Denise, works here.
好的
Okay.
你为什么想为流浪汉工作呢
So what makes you want to work with the homeless?
我不知道
I don’t know. Uh…
我是说 我们生来
I mean, we are put on this Earth
就要帮助别人 不是吗
to help other people, right?
有人这样跟我说过
Someone I knew told me that.

Who?
谁 谁也不是
Who? No one. Uh…
我就是看见到处都有无家可归之人
Look, I guess I just see homeless people everywhere.
好像越来越多似的
It seems like there is more and more.
好像是这样
Seems like it.
我就是想找份有意义的工作
I guess I just want a job that, you know, means something.
那种当我下班回家后
Something where I don’t
我不会鄙视自己的工作
despise myself when I come home from work.
这么说你鄙视你自己
So you despise yourself?
我也不知道

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!