是我的小天堂
This is my little paradise.
我的小绿洲
My little oasis.
我小家之外的
My little home away from
另一个小家
my little home.
很不错
Well, I’m impressed.
我很平静 很祥和
I’m very tranquil, I’m peaceful…
不一会儿他就陷入仇恨言论的激动情绪中
Pretty soon he launches into a familiar flurry of hate speech.
每天都有年轻的女孩被强♥暴♥
… young girls being raped, day and night,
那些畜生 变♥态♥
by these bastards, these pederasts,
那些道貌岸然的牧师
these fucking priests,
衣冠禽兽 同性恋
these cretins, these homos.
相信我 我什么都知道
Believe me, I know all about it.
我在联邦监狱
I wasn’t locked up in federal prison
可不是白待的
with choirboys, kiddo.
跨州偷运赃款
Interstate transportation of stolen securities,
这是我的罪名
that was the charge.
伪造支票这些事幕后都有主脑
The checking business brought to you by the great Dippity-Do Doyle.
如果我不按他说的做
If I didn’t do what he said,
他就会杀了你们娘儿俩
he would have killed you and your mother.
相信我 孩子
Believe me, kiddo.
我无法集中精力
I have trouble focusing,
想着要不要快点离开
I consider leaving quickly,
但还是决定留下来
but I will myself to stay.
我要做的就是去银行开一个账户
My job was to enter the banks and open an account.
我是唯一一个成功搞定的
I was the only one able to finesse my way in.
秘诀是什么 秘诀是什么
The secret? The secret?
一定要找女出纳
Always go to a female teller.
黑人 坚决不能找黑人 死气沉沉的
A black? Forget about the fucking blacks. Low fucking morale.
要是找她们 我就什么都办不成
Go to them? I couldn’t get on fucking first base with a black teller.
这时候是上旬 他还没查过账
It’s early in the month, so he hasn’t gone through his disability check yet.
这说明他一直在酗酒
This means he has been drinking.
上好的俄♥国♥伏特加 不是那种劣等酒
… good Russian vodka. Not that rotgut crap.
来一点吗
Want some?
不了 谢谢
Uh, no, thanks.
你换新牙了
New teeth?
-你换上新牙了 -是的
– You got some new teeth. – Yep.
多亏了美国政♥府♥ 有世界一流的牙医
Courtesy of Uncle Sam. Best dentist in the world.
看起来不错
Looks nice.
我给你带了样东西
Here, I brought you something.
这是什么
What the hell is this?
一本诗集
It’s a book of poems.
诗集
Poems.
我写的
I wrote it.
而且还获奖了
Actually, it’s getting an award.
获奖了 什么奖
An award, from whom?
-笔会文学奖 -笔会
– From Penn. – Penn.
他们给你发笔了吗
Are they giving you a pen?
是献给我的吗
Is it dedicated to me?
-不是 -不是
– No. – No?
里面有我吗
Am I in it?
有几首是写你的
There are some poems that refer to you.
我看看
Oh. Let’s see.
我要掰开他的手指
I’ll bend each finger back
直至酒瓶滑落
Until the bottle falls
直至关节噼啪作响
Until the bone snaps
毁灭其手救他于水火
Save him by destroying his hands
我似乎感受到一丝敌意
Do I detect a touch of hostility?
今晚我在一家书店有个小型朗读会
I’m doing a reading of it tonight at a book store.
如果愿意的话 你可以来参加
You can come, if you would like to.
好 好吧
All right, all right.
我让你看看
I’m going to let you read it.
你的书吗
Your book?
对 《纽扣人》
Yeah, The Button Man,
也称为《克里斯托弗·柯柏的自白》
also known as The Confessions of Christopher Cobb.
真有这本书
You mean it actually exists?
当然有
Of course it exists.
到底在哪儿
Where the fuck is it?
就在什么地方
It’s somewhere here.
来帮把手 看看这些箱子里有没有
Give me a hand here, look in these boxes.
一本蓝色文件夹
Look for a blue folder.
找到了
I think I may have it here.
对 就是它
Yeah. This is it.
给 这是第一章
Here it is, part one.
第一章 总共有几章
This is part one? How many parts are there?
十二章 已经完成八章了
12. Eight are in existence.
叮叮 当当 哐哐 我应该是醉了
“Clink, clank, clunk. I think that I am drunk.”
拜托 别在这读 那段是音乐剧
Don’t read it here, for Christ’s sake. That part’s a musical.
我会尽快看完还给你
I will read it right away and get it back to you.
可别剽窃我的作品
Don’t steal anything.
不会的
I promise.
我在一个下午读了他的书
I read his book in one afternoon.
真是部经典之作
It’s a masterpiece.
我读了你的诗
I read your poems.
关于枪♥支♥的那首很沉重
That one about the gun is heavy.
这当然是遗传我的秉性
Of course it’s an inherited quality.
要是你写不好 我才奇怪呢
If you didn’t write well, I would be surprised.
整整三十页写满了承诺
For 30 pages it shows promise.
而后就像他的人生一样 七零八落
Then like his life, it soon falls apart and dissipates into incoherence.
他的手稿不完整
His manuscript is incomplete.
在我看来
As far as I can tell,
我父亲唯一一本完整的书
the only completed book about my father
就是让我开始写书
would be the book that fell to me to write.
我 成了父亲未署名的影子写手
Me, my father’s uncredited, uncompliant ghost writer.
我一直跟利特布朗保持着联♥系♥
I’ve been in touch with Little Brown.
利特布朗是成立于十九世纪初的一家出版公♥司♥
他们印刷我的书 预付了四百万
They are doing my book. Four million dollars in advance.
利特布朗说我的书是传世经典
Little Brown said my book’s a masterpiece.
我所写的都是经典
Everything I write is a masterpiece.
冒险者的目光从海报上剥离
The eyes of the action hero cut from the poster
全部的力量倾泻下来
All that concrete pressing down
幻化成周身的光芒
A fine edge gleams around your body
似乎萦绕了全身
As if it could be contained
贪婪地吮吸指尖
The way each finger is licked
浸入嘴里摸索着牙龈
Dipped in and rubbed across the gums
直至牙齿全部掉光
Until the teeth go away
我的手还能爱抚你
Even my hands kiss you
黑夜慢慢降临
A night broken down into grains
倘若不小心迷失
If you find yourself lost, dig
快掘一窟雪洞吧
A cave in the snow, quickly
将黑暗摒弃
You need shelter against the night
让烛光点亮希望
A candle could keep you alive
让呼吸温暖你的身体
The engine of your lungs will heat the air around you
终有人会想念你
Someone will miss you
寻寻觅觅
They will send out dogs
终将发现你的踪迹
You must be somewhere, right?
谢谢
Thank you.

There you go.
谢谢 谢谢您的光临
Thanks. Thanks for coming.
他来了
Uh, he’s here.
乔纳森 这是伊内兹
Jonathan, this is Inez.
伊内兹 这是乔纳森
Inez, this is Jonathan.
非常荣幸
A very great pleasure.
很高兴见到你
It’s good to meet you.
这是梅芙 你的小孙女
And this is Maeve, your granddaughter.
你抱抱她吗
Would you like to hold her?
不用了
Uh, that’s okay.
不 他可以的
No, he can hold her.
我也抱过孩子 尼古拉斯
I have held babies before, Nicholas.
看到没
See?
看到没
See?
看到没

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!