Yes.
写的是一个女人身兼两职
It was about a woman who works two jobs
还努力抽时间
and tries to fit in a couple of hours
陪她儿子的故事
between each to be with her kid.
她做银行出纳
She works as a bank teller.
还兼♥职♥服务员
She works as a waitress.
一回到家就照顾孩子
She comes home and waits on the kid.
故事还没写完
I wasn’t finished with the story.
我本打算写 不管她陪他多久
I was going to write how the kid appreciated it,
这个孩子都很感激她
whatever time she had for him.
他觉得她是个好母亲
He didn’t think she was a bad mother.
他爱她
And he loved her.
她是他的全部
She was all he had.
我没写这段
I didn’t write that part.
还没写到这里来
I didn’t get that far.
所以你觉得你母亲是
So that’s the story you tell
因为你写的故事自杀的
of why your mother killed herself.
我没跟别人说过
I haven’t told it to anyone.
你是这么跟你自己说的 故事很棒
You tell it to yourself. Those are the best stories.
故事很美
It’s a good yarn.
只有一点是在说胡话
There is only one part that’s horseshit.
没有谁会因为一个故事而自杀
No one kills themselves because they read a story.
不管你是个多么出色的作家
I don’t care how good a writer you are,
也不会有人因为你的文字去死
you can’t kill someone with words.
我一直认为
I have a theory.
人之所以会自杀
The reason people commit suicide
是因为他们不喜欢自己
is because they don’t like themselves.
自我仇恨
Self-hatred.
我觉得这个解释很合理 你觉得呢
I think it’s a very reasonable explanation. Don’t you?
自我仇恨
Self-hatred?
你明白这个概念吗
You’re familiar with the concept?
是的
Yes.
当然
Of course,
也许问题不在于她为什么自杀
maybe the question isn’t why she killed herself when she did,
而在于她为什么还坚持了那么久
but why she chose to stick around as long as she did.
不管怎么说 我的写作进展得很好
Anyway, my writing is going extremely well.
那可是经典之作
The book’s classic.
对于之前你的问题
And to answer your previous question,
那本书的确存在
it does exist.
就像你的存在一样
As do you.
为什么
Why?
因为我 因为我生了你
Because of me. Because I made you.
我要去睡了
I’m going to go to sleep.
毛毯就在沙发上
The blanket’s on the couch.
等等
Hey! Hold on!
你干什么 你去哪里
What are you doing? Where you going?
我去哪里 我要去我的豪♥宅♥
Where am I going? I’m going to my suite at The Ritz.
他们一给我留着
They are holding one for me
我想去就去
just in case I ever want to drop by and use it.
我得走了 再晚就错过包工头
I gotta get going. I’ll be late for the slave traders,
没活可干了
all the jobs will be taken.
那你还回来吗
Well, are you coming back?
-回来哪里 -这里
– Coming back where? – Here.
我很好奇
Out of curiosity,
为什么之前你不让我跟你一起住
why have you not ever asked me to stay with you before?
我怕如果我去挽救一个堕落的人
I thought if you try and
结果却会跟他一样堕落
save a drowning man you might go down, too.
堕落的人
A drowning man?
堕落的人
A drowning man?
我不堕落
I’m not a drowning man.
我是幸存者 一个艺术家
I’m a survivor! An artist!
我不会死在这里
I’m not going to die out here!
我跟你那可怜脆弱的妈妈不一样
I’m not your poor sensitive mother!
我是幸存者
I’m a survivor!
知道吗
And you know what?
幸好你是我儿子 所以你也会是个幸存者
Luckily for you, you are my son, so you are one, too!
你既不是你妈 也不是我
You are not your mother and you are not me,
尼古拉斯·弗林
Nicholas Flynn!
我收回之前的话
I absolve you!
你不是我 我生了你 但你不是我
You are not me. I made you, but you are not me!
再见
I’ll see you again.
再见
Yeah.
几个月之后我离开了避难街
A few months after that I left Harbor Street.
伙计你好啊
Yo, it’s the man.
再见 老兄
I’ll see you later, man.
好吧 过好点
All right. Be good.
会的
Yeah.
好吧
All right.
我要走了
I’m taking off.
我听说了
Yeah, I heard.
-谢谢 -为什么谢我
– Thanks. – For what?
不为什么
For nothing.
谢谢你点醒了我
For the swift kick in the ass.
不客气
You’re welcome.
不会再来避难街了吗
No more Harbor Street, huh?
我想不会了
I guess not.
你呢 在这再待一段时间吗
What about you, you gonna stay here for a while?
是的 我还有事情没做完
Yeah. I’m not done yet.
我只想说我很抱歉
I just wanted to say I’m sorry.
为什么
For what?
为你的弟弟
About your brother.
谢谢
Thank you.
好好照顾自己
Take care of yourself.
你也是
You, too.
我回到学校
I go back to school,
读完大学 拿到学士学位
finish my undergraduate degree, get my diploma.
我开了了一家诗歌♥讲习班
I take a poetry workshop.
我在哈林区(黑人区) 冠前街
I work in Harlem and Crown Heights
和南布朗克斯教书
and the South Bronx, teaching.
有些学校 我教的半数孩子都住在收♥容♥所♥
In some schools, half the kids I work with live in shelters.
那么 露西尔·克利夫顿说
So, when Lucille Clifton says,
露西尔·克利夫顿是二十世纪杰出的非裔美国女诗人
她的眼睛犹如野兽
“Her eyes are animals.”
这是什么
What is that?
象征手法
An image.
象征手法 什么样的象征手法
An image. Good, but what kind of image?
比喻
A metaphor.
比喻
A metaphor.
通过她的眼睛 她想表达什么
And what do you think she is trying to say about her eyes?
父亲一直写信给我
My father’s letters follow me.
小尼克 我现在写作真是得心应手
Nicky Nu-nu, you will be happy to know
听到这个你会很高兴吧
my writing is doing extraordinarily well.
很快 我就能一鸣惊人
Soon, very soon, I shall be known.
不到一年 乔纳森成功申请了一套公♥寓♥
Within a year, Jonathan qualifies for an apartment,
八单元 有补贴
Section 8, subsidized.
在我不经意间 曾跟我共事过的人
Unbeknownst to me, some strings have been
暗地里拉了我一把
pulled by people I once worked with.

Yeah?
是我 尼克
It’s Nick.
哪个尼克
Nick who?
小尼克
Nicky Nu-nu.
小尼克
Nicky Nu-nu.
只是想确定一下是你
Just want to make sure it’s you.
很难预料这附近潜藏了什么样的人
You never know what lurks in this neighborhood.
还好吗
How are you?
跟我好好握个手 结结实实地
Shake my hand properly. Give me a firm handshake.
就是这样
That’s better.
别把手握断了
Don’t break it.
你这身打扮很不错
You’re dressed, that’s good.
这地方不错
Well, the place is nice.
是呀
Yeah.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!