– 帮个忙 – 怎么
– Do me a favor. – Mm-hmm.
求你这次别在衣柜撒尿了
Promise me you won’t piss in the closet this time.
这我没办法保证
I could promise you no such thing.
实际上 我可能或不可能已经喝了很多
In fact, I may or may not have had a lot to drink.
而现在我想搞清楚的就是
What I’m trying to figure out right now
如果我今晚已经喝太多
is if I’ve had too much to drink tonight.
那么我意识到如果一个人问自己这样一个问题
Then I realized that if one can ask oneself that question,
那么答案肯定是否定的
then the answer must definitely be no.
– 对吗 – 丹尼学过哲学
– Right? – Danny studied philosophy.
而且我最新的理论就是在婚礼上不是所有已经有主的女人
And my latest theory is that not all women at a wedding
都真正意义上的有主
who are taken are actually taken.
你知道我在说什么吗
You know what I mean?
取决于你对有主的定义
Oh, it depends on your definition of taken.
布鲁克 你确定不来一杯吗
Hey, Brooke, are you sure I can’t get you a drink?
我很好 谢谢你 丹尼
I’m fine, thank you, Danny.
– 我很确定 – 好吧
– I’m sure. – All right.
德夫 德夫
Dave Dave
你个狡猾的混♥蛋♥ 最近怎么样啊兄弟
You shifty bastard. How you doing, man?
你老婆瘦了好多 天呐
Your wife lost a lot of weight. Jesus!
你想要我出去一下吗
Do you want me to step outside?
别走
Don’t move.

Hi.

Wow.
汉娜·登普西 布鲁克·道尔顿
Hannah Dempsey Brooke Dalton
很高兴见到你
Hey, nice to meet you.
嗨 很高兴见到你
Hi, so nice to meet you.
从费城来的路上堵得不行
Um, traffic was so bad all the way from Philly,
我 我以为我见不到你了呢
I-I thought I had missed you.
你以为
You did?
我意思是确实 你确实
I mean, you did. You did.
你确实没见到我
You did miss me.
但你现在来了 所以
But you’re here now, so…
是的 是的
Yes, yes.
其实我也以为我会错过你
I actually thought I was gonna miss you, too, um…
我也确实没见到你
which I did…
直到现在
till now.
我们可以一直这样开玩笑开几分钟
We could keep this banter up for minutes.
– 几个小时也可以 – 我们只有在一起的时候
– Hours. – We’re only this quick
才会说得这么快 所以
when we’re together, though, so…
– 不然我就会觉得很无聊
– Otherwise, I’m almost boring.
所以你是 你现在在工作吗还是
Um, so are you… are you working or…?
哦 不 这是
Oh, no, this…
是的
Yes.
他明天要和杜克·特里面试
He’s auditioning for Duke Terry tomorrow.
尼克
Nick!

Well…
那真是 那真是太棒了
That’s… that’s amazing.
他在华盛顿和卢卡斯·威尔斯一起演奏
He played with Lucas Wells in D.C.,
卢卡斯爱死他了
and Lucas loved his shit.
那必须的
I bet he did.
好了 快说 快告诉我全部
Okay, spill it. Tell me all about it.
你在这里啊 宝贝
Here you go, babe.
科尔 这是布鲁克
Oh, um… Cole, this is Brooke.
– 你好 – 你好
– Hey. – Hey.
– 布鲁克 – 很高兴见到你
– Brooke. – Good to meet you.
– 这是尼克 – 尼克
– And this is Nick. – Nick.
你好
Hi.
尼克明天要去和杜克·特里试音
Nick is auditioning for Duke Terry tomorrow.
噢 真的吗
Oh, yeah? Oh!
– 是那个玩爵士的人 对了 – 没错
– The jazz guy. Yeah, yeah. – Yeah.
在费城的时候我们看过他好多现场
We saw him live in Philly a bunch of times.
很厉害 非常棒
That’s amazing, great.
谢谢
Thank you.
我知道现在已经有点晚了 不过你们
Hey, I know it’s getting kind of late, but would you guys
想去哪里喝杯咖啡吗还是
want to go get a cup of coffee somewhere or…?
我们也想 不过
Um, you know, I wish we could.
我们已经有点迟了 不好意思
We’re late for something, though. I’m sorry.
– 我们就是过来看一下 – 当然 当然
– We were just stopping in. – Right, right.
我 我们不打扰你们了
Well, I… we don’t want to keep you.
不过 如果什么时候有空了
But, um, if something frees up,
我住在苏豪大酒店
I’m at the, the Soho Grand.
好的
Okay.
真的很开心见到你
Um, it was really nice to meet you.
我也是
Nice to meet you, too.
– 很开心 – 好的
– Pleasure. – Okay.
– 再见 – 再见 科尔
– Bye. – Bye, Cole.
我不懂我们为什么要逃跑
I don’t know why we had to run out of there.
谁跑了
Who’s running?
那就是逃跑
That was running.
相信我 我知道
Trust me, I know.
我为逃跑代言
I’m the poster girl for running.
逃跑总是更轻松
Running is easier.
天呐
God.
我已经六年没见到她了
I haven’t seen her in six years.
你刚才表现很好
You were fine.
并没有
No, I wasn’t.
刚才糟糕透了
That was awful.
超级尴尬
It was embarrassing.
真的不好意思让你目睹了那一切
I’m sorry you had to see that.
你是不是觉得对重逢时刻经过六年的演练
You’d think after six years of rehearsing that moment,
我应该要说出更有意思的东西
I’d have something more interesting to say.
我觉得她没有注意到
I don’t think she noticed.
而且她可能也在演练
And she probably rehearsed it, too.
六年
Six years?
你们如何相遇的
How’d you guys meet?
大二那年
Sophomore year.
乔治城大学
Georgetown.
如果你信的话 我原来读的医学预科
I was pre-med if you can believe that.
我不信
I don’t.
但我可以想像一下
But I have a good imagination.
我的心思根本就没在那上面过
Oh, my heart was never really in it.
所有的空余时间都在练习乐器
Spent all my free time playing music
和表演
and going to shows.
汉娜是第一个注意到的人
Hannah was the first one to recognize that.
她让我对音乐保持初心
Made me stay true to it.
她是个好女孩
Good girl.
她原来读的 平面设计
And she got into… graphic design.
那是她第一件真正热爱的事情
Which was the first thing that she really loved.
她也爱过你 不是吗?
Well, she loved you, too, right?
有时候我也在想这个问题
Sometimes I wonder about that part.
但在一天里 思考的次数很少超过五十次
But rarely more than 50 times a day.
然后呢?
So, what happened?
她在费城
She got a job offer.
找到了一份工作
In Philly.
也成为了一位医学预科的优秀人才
And being the pre-med genius that I was,
我以为是时候去..你懂的
I thought it was the perfect time to… you know.
天哪
Oh, no.
于是我花了一大笔钱
So I bought a ring.
买♥♥了一枚戒指
Cost me a fortune.
一整天 紧紧地攥在手里
I was clutching this thing all day.
手上都是绞痛的
My hand was cramping.
当我们回到华盛顿的公♥寓♥时
We got home to our apartment in D.C.
我的心脏砰砰跳
And my heart was pounding.
像是要从我的胸口里跳出来
It was beating out of my chest.
我一直流汗
I was sweating.
那不是因为紧张 而是
It wasn’t nerves, you know. It was…
激动
excitement.
我特别激动
I was really excited.
我…
I was really…
我开心极了
I was really happy.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!