想去碰碰运气 找下你的钱包吗?
Want to go try and find your purse?
就好像拿走的人还会把它放回去一样?
What, like the person who took it is just gonna put it back?
不会 但也说不定 他们有时只会拿走现金
Well, no, but sometimes, they just take the cash.
再扔掉钱包
Dump the purse.
你检查过酒吧的垃圾桶了吗?
You check the trash barrels at the bar?
没 没有
No. No.
哪一间酒吧? 你还记得名字吗?
What bar? You remember the name?
呃… 啊 它开头是个” L”
Um… Yeah, it began with an “L.”
额…
Um…
我不记得了
I-I can’t remember.
是在… 是在市区
It was down… it was downtown.
市区
Downtown.
那我正好顺路
Well, that’s on my way.
你顺路?
It’s on your way?
想跟我一起来个小冒险吗?
Want to come with me, have a little adventure?
去找找你的钱包?
Find your purse?
好吧
Okay.
好
Okay.
走吧
Let’s go.
你要去哪?
Where are you going?
市中心在东面
Downtown is south.
对啊
Right.
这边
Downtown.
顺道一说 我叫尼克
I’m Nick, by the way.
噢 嘿 我叫… 我叫嘉莉
Oh, hey, I’m… I’m Carrie.
嘉莉
Carrie.
很高兴认识你 嘉莉
It’s nice to meet you, Carrie.
有吗?
Anything?
好吧
All right.
我有个点子
I got an idea.
还没见着 不好意思
Hasn’t turned up, sorry to say.
不过也说不准
But you never know.
是啊 警♥察♥也这么说
Yeah, that’s what the police said.
搞笑了 他们一般都很” 有用” 的
Funny, they’re usually so helpful.
不过他们还告诉我
But then they told me about these guys that will
有时候 这些人把钱包拿走了
lift purses out of certain places
但是酒保们
and that, sometimes, the bartender
总会知道点什么
knows something.
我猜说废话比抓贼轻松
I guess saying shit is easier than doing actual police work.
对
Right.
对 这倒是真的
Right, that’s true.
不过 呃…
But, uh…
我想 如果你能突然想到点什么的话
I bet there’d be a pretty handsome gratuity in it
或许会有一笔不菲的报酬呢
if, uh, something popped into your brain.
– 普拉达, 是吗? – 嗯
– Prada, you said? – Uh-huh.
对于我来说有极大的感情价值
It does have sentimental value
我愿意花一大笔钱把它买♥♥回来
and I would pay a lot to get it back.
等我一会儿
Give me a sec.
感情价值 不错
Sentimental value. Nice touch.
是真的
It’s true.
谢谢你这么做
I appreciate you doing this.
我知道你本来没有打算在肮脏的厕所垃圾桶里
I know that you weren’t planning on spending your night
翻箱倒柜地耗一晚上
rummaging through filthy garbage bathroom trash cans.
噢 我就是这么打算的
Well, I didn’t plan not to.
好吧 那你不是说你本来还有其他的事要做?
Well, what about all the other things that you could be doing?
噢 那是因为不知道行程里还有” 垃圾桶寻宝大冒险”
Well, you didn’t say trash can treasure hunts were on the menu.
我确实要去城里参加一场试演… 就明天
I’m actually in town for an audition… tomorrow.
我当时在中♥央♥车站那儿
I was in Grand Central Station,
想要… 找到我要表演的感觉
just kinda… trying to piece together what I want to play.
是吹小号♥?
So, trumpet?
对
Yeah.
我想我自从八年级的乐队表演之后
I don’t think that I’ve seen anyone play trumpet
就再没见人吹过小号♥了
since eighth grade band.
噢 我们依旧在演奏
Well, we’re still around.
只是 呃 不再像以前的风格了
We just don’t, uh, march as much as we used to.
– 爵士 – 对
– Jazz. – Yeah.
– 你听吗? – 我很喜欢 我喜欢爵士
– You listen? – I like it. I like jazz.
我… 怎么说
I…I don’t know it.
– 我知道 ” 我可笑的情人” – 经典
– I know “My Funny Valentine.” – A classic.
其实我有一年在夏令营的时候这么做过
I actually did it one year at summer camp.
我还躲在树后面唱乔纳森·温斯坦的小夜曲
I serenaded Jonathan Weinstein from behind a tree.
树后唱乔纳森·温斯坦
Jonathan Weinstein behind a tree.
那你的附加表演是什么?
What was your encore?
跳了个脱衣舞…
A strip tease to…
哦 哇哦 勇士啊
Oh, wow. Brave.
太尴尬了!
So embarrassing!
真勇敢!
Brave!
他跑掉了
He ran away.
然后… 那就是我爵士生涯的尽头了
And… that was the end of my jazz career.
就是这样
Yeah.
好吧 真可惜
Well, that’s a shame.
那你接下来的职业是什么?
What was the next career?
– 我现在是个艺术顾问 – 是吗?
– I’m an art consultant. – Really?
实际上我要来市里买♥♥幅画
I’m actually in the city buying a painting.
真的吗? 什么画?
Oh, yeah? What’s the piece?
我不知道你是否会知道
I don’t know if you’d know it.
好吧 那倒是真的
Well, that’s probably true.
额… 你最喜欢的画家是谁?
Um… who’s your favorite painter?
又是我不认识的吗?
Or would I not know him, either?
不 不 但如果我真告诉了你
No, no. But if I did tell you that,
我就毫无信誉可言了
I’d lose all credibility.
哦 拜托! 你快说吧
Oh, come on! You got to now.
你好傻
You’re stupid.
好了…
Well…
我们可能走运了
we may be in luck.
花了一点说服力
Took a little persuasion.
打电♥话♥找人帮了一两个忙
Had to call in a favor or two.
所以 我只要去这个地址…?
So, I just have to go to this address and…?
– 那是个很乱的社区 – 什么 你觉得
– That’s a shitty neighborhood. – What, you think, uh,
是华尔街的人偷了你的钱包吗?
guys on Wall Street were lifting purses?
好吧…
Well…
谢谢
thank you.
我希望我有帮到你
I hope I was helpful.
那是当然
Extremely.
我想他是要点物质感谢
I think that he wants gratitude.
集体拥抱?
Group hug?
大大的吻?
Big kiss?
你想你这些话可真是”慷慨的酬金”啊
I believe the words were “handsome gratuity.”
好吧
Right.
能刷♥卡♥吗?
You take credit cards?
好了 那么是走这边 对吗?
Okay, so it’s-it’s this way, right?
好吧 你说服我了 我跟着你去
All right, you talked me into it… I’m coming with you.
谢谢 但是说真的 你还有你的事情…
Thank you, but really, you have your thing and…
没关系 已经迟了
It’s all right. It’s late.
你要去一个很乱的社区
You’re going to a shitty neighborhood.
我不会让你独自前往的
I’m not gonna let you go alone.
而且 是这条路
Besides, it’s this way.
你确定不介意吗?
Are you sure you don’t mind?
完全不介意 走吧
Positive. Come on.
我相信我丈夫会非常感激
I’m sure that my husband will really appreciate
你能帮我
your helping me.
你真的太仗义了
It’s incredibly generous of you.
你不需要这么说的
You didn’t have to do that.
什么?
What?
你丈夫的事情
The husband thing.
好吧 我没有不信任你的意思
Well, I didn’t mean to distrust you.
只是你人太好了
It’s just you’re being so nice.
好人
Nice.
好吧 没关系
Well… don’t mention it.
那么 你今晚是要去做什么的?
So, what was this thing that you were headed to tonight?