– Come on. A cappella. – No, no, no.
没有吉他伴奏我唱不了歌♥,你太过分了!
I’m not singing a song without a guitar.You’re nuts.
为什么?
Why not?
– 好吧,至少不是现在 – 就一首
– No, okay. Not now. No. – One.
如果不是现在,还有什么时候呢?你想六个月后在这儿见面吗?带着吉他?
If not now, when? You want to meet here in six months with a guitar?
我会飞过来的
I’ll fly all the way over here.
– 但你不一定能赶上地铁 – 好啦,这不好笑
– You may or may not make the Metro. – Okay, that’s funny.
– 我们该回书店了! – 没事的
– We’ve got to get back. – We’ll be all right.
– 你会错过你的航♥班♥的,快点! – 好吧
– You’re gonna miss your flight. – All right.
我们可以沿塞纳河走走,很漂亮的
We can walk down La Seine.It’s nice.
好吧
Okay.
– 那你是要飞回纽约吗? – 是的
– So you’re flying back to New York? – Yeah, yeah.
我在文章中读到你结婚了,还有了一个孩子,真是太好了!
So I read in that article that you’re married with a kid. That’s great.
没错,他已经…他已经四岁了
Yeah, he’s… He’s 4.
– 他叫什么? – 亨利,小汉克
– What’s his name? – Henry. Little Hank.
– 他很可爱 – 当然了
– He’s so much fun. – Oh, wow, I’m sure.
– 你的太太呢?她是做什么的? – 她在小学教书
– Your wife, what does she do? – She teaches elementary school.
– 你有孩子吗? – 是的,有两个。糟了!
– Do you have kids? – Yes, two… Shit!
– 怎么了? – 我把他们落在车上了!
– What? – I left them in the car!
窗关得死死的,快有六个月了…他们会有事吗?
With the windows up, six months ago!Think they’re okay?
没有啦,我开玩笑的,不过我很想要小孩
No, I’m kidding.No, but I want to have kids someday.
– 只是还没做好准备 – 没有吗?
– I’m just not ready yet. – No?
– 不过我现在正在认真谈恋爱 – 噢是吗?这很好啊
– I’m in a good relationship, though. – Oh yeah? That’s good.
– 他是做什么的? – 他是个摄影记者
– What’s he do? – He’s a photojournalist.
专门做战地新闻
He does war coverage.
他经常出差,不过从某种角度对我来说,是一件好事,因为我实在是太忙了
He’s away a lot, which is good because I’m so busy.
不过那不是很危险吗?我是说,不是有很多人在战争中丧生吗?
But isn’t that dangerous? Aren’t a lot of those guys getting killed these days?
他向我保证不会太冒险的,不过我还是会经常担心
He promises me he doesn’t take risks,but I often worry.
他一拿起相机就什么都不顾了
He goes in this trance when he photographs something.
– 什么意思? – 有一次我们在新德里
– What do you mean? – Well, once we were in New Delhi…
见到一个流浪汉,他躺在人行道上
…and we passed a bum on the…
– 炸♥弹♥?[谐音] – 流浪汉!无家可归的人
– A bomb? – A bum. A homeless.
哦,流浪汉
All right, right.
总之他看起来需要帮助,但是我男朋友的第一个反应就是拿起相机!
He looked like he needed help, but his first reaction was to photograph him.
他凑到离那个人的脸非常近的地方整理他的衣领,让他看起来显得更精神
He went really close to his face,fixing his collar…
他似乎完全不在乎那个人
…totally detached from the person.
不过要做好工作不就得这样吗?
But don’t you have to be like that to be good at that job?
是啊,我知道啊,我不是…
Yeah, I mean, I’m not….
我不是由此来看他的为人,他的工作是重要的也是高尚的
I’m not judging him.What he does is essential and incredible.
我只是说这是我自己永远做不到的
All I’m saying is that I could never do it.
我们上那船吧!快!
Let’s get on that boat. Come on.
– 不! – 快,很有趣的!
– No! – Come on, it’ll be fun.
– 你没时间了!我们得走了 – 它就要开了
– You don’t have time! – They’re about to take off.
我还有十五分钟呢,你有手♥机♥吗?
I’ve got 15 more minutes.Do you have a cell phone?
– 有 – 那就好,我有那个司机的号♥码
– Yeah. – All right, I’ve got that driver’s number.
我可以打电♥话♥给他,让他在下一站停船的地方接我们
I can call him to pick us up at the next stop.
好吧,可我从来没上过那船,这是给游客的,太丢脸了
I’ve never been on those boats.It’s for tourists, it’s embarrassing.
好啦,没事的
Okay. All right.
– [法语]唔,我们可以上船了吗? – 当然
– Uhm, c’est bon?Pouvons-nous entrer? – Bien sur!
– [法语]请给我两张票! – 不,让我来,让我来
– Deux tickets, s’il vous plait! – No, I’ll get it, I’ll get it.
– [法语]不,不,还是我来吧 – 好吧,好吧,好吧
– No, no, c’est bon. – All right. All right, all right.
– [法语]下一站停在哪里? – [法语]亨利四世码头
– C’est ou qu’il s’arrete au prochain arret? – C’est au Quai Henry IV.
谢谢
Thank you.
– 那你现在是跟他沉浸在爱河里咯? – 谁?
– So are you in love with that guy? – What guy?
– 那个战地摄影师 – 哦,当然!
– The war photographer. – Yes, of course.
– [法语]你们可以进去了 – 谢谢
– Vous pouvez y aller. – Merci.
对不起,你的手♥机♥…
So do you have that cell phone?
哦,对
Oh, yeah.
– 好,让我看看他的号♥码… – 好
– Okay, let’s see…. – Okay.
我该怎么跟他说呢?
What do I tell him?
让他在亨利四世码头等着
Tell him to pick you up at Quai Henri Quatre.
哦,见鬼,什么码头?
Oh, shit. Quai…?
亨利四世,亨利四世码头
Henri Quatre. Quai Henri Quatre.
亨利四世
Henri Quatre.
你怎么了?不对,你要我来说吗?亨利四世
What’s wrong with you? No, do you want me to…? Henri Quatre.
– 亨利四世? – 没错!
– Henry Four? – Yes!
– 那你为什么不直接说? – 对不起!
– Come on, why didn’t you say so? – I’m sorry. Okay.
你好,是菲利普吗?
Yeah, is this Philippe?
菲利普,我是杰西·华♥莱♥士♥
Yeah. Philippe, this is Jesse Wallace.

Yeah.
呃,听我说,我现在在一条游船上
Well, listen, I’m on one of those boats, right?
我们将会在亨利四世码头下船
And we’re gonna arrive at Henry Four.
亨利四号♥码头,你知道在哪儿吗?
At Port Henry Four.You know what that is?
很好,你带着我的行李吧?
All right, great.And you have my bags, right?
我们再过…总之下一站就到了
Yeah, so we’ll be there in… I don’t know, it’s the next stop.
好,再见
Okay. Au revoir.
– 安排好了? – 嗯
– It’s okay? – Yeah, yeah.
哇!
Oh, wow.
– 看这边啊,巴黎圣母院! – 哇
– Notre Dame, man. Check that out. – Oh, wow.
我听过一个故事,说的是占领巴黎的德军
I heard this story once about when the Germans were occupying Paris…
…撤出的时候
…and they had to retreat back.
他们在巴黎圣母院埋了很多炸♥药♥
They wired Notre Dame to blow…
…但他们得留一个人来按爆破的按钮
…but they had to leave one guy in charge of hitting the switch.
但那个人,那个士兵,他却下不了手!
And the guy, the soldier,he couldn’t do it.
他只是呆呆地坐着,惊叹这地方的美妙
He just sat there, knocked out by how beautiful the place was.
当盟军部队到达的时候
Then, when the Allied troops came in…
他们发现炸♥药♥还在那里,但按钮没人碰过
…they found all the explosives lying there and the switch unturned…
同样的情景还发生在圣心堂,埃菲尔铁塔…
…and they found the same thing at the Sacre-Coeur, Eiffel Tower…
…很多地方
…couple other places, I think.
这是真的吗?
Is that true?
我不知道,不过我一直很喜欢这个故事
I don’t know.I always liked the story, though.
没错,很震撼的一个故事
Yeah, that’s a great story.
你相信巴黎圣母院有一天会消失吗?
But you have to think that Notre Dame will be gone one day.
这里曾经是另一座教堂,就在这
There used to be another church at the Seine, right there.
– 什么,同一个地方? – 是的
– What, right in the same spot? – Yeah.
这样好舒服,我从来没有试过!
You know, this is great.I’ve never done this.
– 是啊 – 我已经忘了巴黎有多美
– Yeah. – I forget about how beautiful Paris is.
其实当个游客也不错
It’s not so bad, being a tourist.
– 谢谢你带我上这船 – 不用客气
– Thanks for getting me on the boat. – You’re welcome.
我觉得我在写那本书的时候,就好像在造什么东西
I think that book that I wrote was like building something…
以免我忘记我们经历过点点滴滴
…so that I wouldn’t forget the details of the time that we spent together.
你懂吗,就好像一个备忘录,告诉我我们的确见过面
You know, like, just as a reminder,that once, we really did meet.
你懂吗,那是真的,真的发生过
You know, that this was real,this happened.
我很高兴你这么说,因为…
I’m happy you’re saying that,because….
我是说,我觉得自己很没用,因为我从来不能这么洒脱
I mean, I always feel like a freak because I’m never able to move on like this:
人们只是随意留情,甚至即使是认真的感情
People just have an affair,or even entire relationships…
…人们也会分手,然后忘记
…they break up and they forget.
就像换另一个牌子的麦片一样简单
They move on like they would have changed brand of cereals.
可我觉得我永远忘不了跟我交往过的每一个人
I feel I was never able to forget anyone I’ve been with…
…因为他们每个人都有很不一样的特质
…because each person had their own specific qualities.
你不能取代任何人,失去的就失去了
You can never replace anyone.What is lost is lost.
每段感情结束的时候我都很受伤,我从来没有完全恢复过
Each relationship, when it ends,really damages me. I never fully recover.
所以我尽量避免介入感情
That’s why I’m very careful with getting involved…
…因为那种痛真的是太深了!
…because it hurts too much.
即使是做♥爱♥!其实我不喜欢那样
Even getting laid,I actually don’t do that…
因为我会很怀念一个人很平常的东西
…because I will miss of the person the most mundane things.
好比那些细节
Like I’m obsessed with little things.
或者也许我有点神经质,但当我小的时候…
Maybe I’m crazy,but when I was a little girl…
妈妈告诉我,我上学经常迟到
…my mom told me that I was always late to school.
有一天她跟着我想知道为什么
One day she followed me to see why.
我正看着栗子从树上掉下来,滚到便道上
I was looking at chestnuts falling from the trees, rolling on the sidewalk…
…或者是蚂蚁过马路,叶子在树干上的映出的倒影
…or ants crossing the road, the way a leaf casts a shadow on a tree trunk.
种种小事
Little things.
我想对人也是一样
I think it’s the same with people.
我看到的是他们的细节,很细微
I see in them little details,so specific to each of them…
…那些能感动我的细节,然后我就会想念他们,一直想念
…that move me and that I miss and will always miss.
你不能取代任何人
You can never replace anyone…
因为每个人都有他那种美丽的,独特的细微之处
…because everyone is made of such beautiful, specific details.
就好像我记得,你的胡子上有一点红色
Like, I remember the way your beard has a bit of red in it…
…我记得你离开的那天早上…
…and how the sun was making it glow…
…朝阳是怎样照的它闪闪亮

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!