世上仍有一部分人这么做
In part of the world,they still do it.
临产的女人进到帐蓬里…
The woman in labor enters a tent…
…同部落的女人围着她跳舞
…and the women of her tribe surround her and dance.
并鼓励她一起跳
They encourage her to dance with them…
…可以减轻分娩的痛苦
…so as to make the birth less painful.
孩子降生后大家一起起舞庆贺
And when the baby is born,they all dance in celebration.
我猜我妈妈可不会这样做
I don’t think my mom would’ve gone for that.
我喜欢跳舞这类所有人都能参与的活动
I like the idea of dancing as something everybody participates in.
我知道,我听说有个老头…
I know. I heard about this old guy…
…他看到年轻人在跳舞
…who was watching some young people dance.
说道“真美
He said, “How beautiful.
“他们甩掉生殖器以变成天使”
They’re shaking off their genitals to become angels.”
有意思
I like that.
不过有个问题
One question, though.
当女人们全身心地投入到舞蹈中时…
When the women are dancing and being all spiritual and stuff…
…男人们在哪?
…where are the men?
出去找食物了?没被邀请?还是女人不需要男人?
Are we out food gathering? Are we not invited? You all don’t need us?
男人该庆幸没在交♥配♥后被咬下头颅
Men are lucky we don’t bite off their heads after mating.
实际上象蜘蛛什么的会那样做
Certain insects do that,like spiders and stuff?
能活着还有什么可抱怨的呢?
We let you live.What are you complaining about?
你这是危言耸听,话里有话
See, you’re officially kidding.But there’s something to that.
你一直在强调某些观点
You keep bringing stuff like that up.
不,没有,等一等,说正经的
No, no. Wait a minute.Talking seriously here.
我一直觉得要做一个坚强而独♥立♥的女强人…
I mean, I always feel this pressure of being a strong and independent icon of womanhood…
…不让自己的全部生活围着某个男人转有很大的压力
…and not making it look like my whole life is revolving around some guy.
但是爱一个人和被人爱对我来说意味着很多
But loving someone and being loved means so much to me.
我常拿这类事情说笑…
I always make fun of it and stuff…
…可并非我们做的每件事…
…but isn’t everything we do in life…
…都能赢得更多的爱
…a way to be loved a little more?
我不知道
I don’t know.
有时候我梦想着…
Sometimes I dream…
…做一个好父亲好丈夫
…about being a good father and a good husband.
而且有时候会觉得很接近了
And sometimes it feels really close.
可另外一些时候…
But then other times…
…这想法似乎很蠢
…it seems silly…
…仿佛它会
…like it would…
…毁掉我全部的生活
…ruin my whole life.
不是由于对责任感的畏惧…
And it’s not just a fear of commitment…
…或是没有能力去关爱,因为
…or that I’m incapable of caring or loving because…
…我能胜任
…I can.
如果我绝对公正地对待自己…
It’s just that, if I’m totally honest with myself…
…那我宁死也不想知道…
…I think I’d rather die knowing…
…我擅长些什么
…that I was really good at something.
比起仅仅维系一份良好的,友爱的关系来说,还有哪些方面更突出
That I had excelled in some way than that I’d just been in a nice, caring relationship.
我曾为一个老人工作,有次他告诉我…
I had worked for this older man,and once he told me…
…他把一生的心思都放在了事业上
…that he had spent all of his life thinking about his career.
五十二岁时他突然地发现…
He was 52,and it suddenly struck him…
…他从没为自己做过任何事
…that he had never really given anything of himself.
他这辈子毫无作为
His life was for no one and nothing.
他说这话时都要哭了
He was almost crying saying that.
我相信如果有神存在…
I believe if there’s any kind of God…
…不会存在于任何人身上
…it wouldn’t be in any of us…
…不会是你或者我
…not you or me…
…而是存在于这小小的空间之中
…but just this little space in between.
如果世上有什么奇迹…
If there’s any kind of magic in this world…
…一定是尽力理解某个人,并与之同甘共苦
…it must be in the attempt of understanding someone sharing something.
我知道,这几乎是不可能成功的
I know, it’s almost impossible to succeed…
…可谁真正在乎呢?
…but who cares really?
答案一定是在尝试之中
The answer must be in the attempt.
我想文明正在衰亡,看看这服务吧
I think this is a civilization in decline. Look at the service.
侍者在哪?在纽约她肯定得失业
Where is the waitress?In New York, she’d be out of a job.
我来给巴黎的一个朋友打电♥话♥
I’m gonna call my friend in Paris…
…我想约她午休时一起吃饭
…who I’m supposed to have lunch with in eight hours.
接电♥话♥
Pick up.
– 接电♥话♥啊 – 好的
– Pick up the phone. – All right.
我正学英语,你说英语行吗?当作消遣
I’ve been working on my English.You wanna talk in English, for laughs?
行,这主意不错
Yeah, okay. That’s a good idea.
我今天不能陪你吃午饭了,对不起
I don’t think I’ll be able to make it for lunch today.
我在火车上认识了一个人,和他在维也纳下了车
I met a guy on the train,and I got off with him in vienna.
你疯了吗?
Are you crazy?
也许吧
Probably.
– 他是不是奥地利人? – 不,不是
– He’s Austrian? He’s from there? – No, No.
是个游客,美国人,明天一早就要回家
He’s passing through. He’s American.He’s going back home tomorrow.
你为什么下车?
Why’d you get off?
他说服了我
Well, he convinced me.
实际上我在火车上和他聊过一阵之后…
I mean, actually, I was ready to get off the train with him…
…就打算和他一起下车
…after talking to him a short while.
他很有趣,让我情不自禁
He was so sweet, I couldn’t help it.
在休息车厢,他谈到…
In the lounge car,he began to talk about…
…他小时候见过他曾祖母的鬼魂
…him as a boy seeing his great-grandmother’s ghost.
我就是那时被他吸引住了
I think that’s when I fell for him.
就因为一个小男孩和他所有的美丽梦想
Just the idea of this little boy with all those beautiful dreams.
他征服了我
He trapped me.
而且他很可爱
And he’s so cute.
他有漂亮的蓝眼睛…
He has beautiful blue eyes…
…漂亮的粉红色嘴唇…
…nice pink lips…
…油腻的头发
…greasy hair.
我很喜欢
I love it.
他高高的个子,有点笨拙
He’s kind of tall,and he’s a little clumsy.
我喜欢他偷偷看我的感觉
I like to feel his eyes on me when I look away.
他接吻时象个青涩少年,很可爱
He kind of kisses like an adolescent.It’s so cute.
– 不是吧? – 就是,我们接过吻,感觉非常棒
– What? – Yeah, we kissed. It was so adorable.
随着夜色降临,我越来越喜欢他
As the night went on,I began to like him more and more.
我担心他有点怕我
I’m afraid he’s scared of me.
我跟他说过一个女人想杀死前男友的故事
I told him the story about the woman that kills her ex-boyfriend.
他肯定怕得要命
He must be scared to death.
他一定以为我是个专横歹毒的女人
He must be thinking I’m this manipulative, mean woman.
但愿他不会这样认为
I just hope he doesn’t feel that way about me.
因为,你了解我,我决不会伤害别人
Because, you know me,I’m the most harmless person.
唯一能真正伤害的只有我自己
The only person I could really hurt is myself.
我不认为他会怕你
I don’t think he’s scared of you.
我想他对你很着迷
I think he’s crazy about you.
– 真的? – 我认识你很久了
– Really? – I’ve known you a long time.
对你印象很好,你还会再见他吗?
I got a good feeling.You gonna see him again?
我们还没提到这个问题
We haven’t talked about that yet.
好,到你了,打电♥话♥给你的朋友
Okay, it’s your turn.You call your friend.
好的,好的
All right, all right.
通常只能接通他的答录机
I usually get this guy’s answering machine.
嘿,哥儿们,什么事?
Hi, dude. What’s up?
弗兰克,过得怎样?真高兴你在家
Hey, Frank. How you been?I’m glad you’re home.
挺好,是的
Cool. Yeah.
马德里怎么样?
So how was Madrid?
没劲透了
Madrid sucked.
莉莎和我总算彻底玩完了
Lisa and I had our long overdue meltdown.
太糟了,我早说过不是吗?
Too bad. I told you, no?
对,相隔太远从不会有结果
Yeah, yeah. The long-distance thing just never works.
我只在马德里呆了几天
I was only in Madrid for a couple days.
我买♥♥了张最便宜的机票
I got a cheaper flight out of vienna.
实际上并不太便宜,只不过…
You know, it really wasn’t that much cheaper. I just….
我不能马上回家,我不想见到任何熟人
I couldn’t go home right away.I didn’t want to see anybody I knew.
只想变成完全不为人知的游魂
I just wanted to be a ghost,completely anonymous.
你现在还好吧?
So are you okay now?
对,我很好,很好,真的
Yeah. I’m great. I’m great.That’s the thing.
我很开心
I’m rapturous.
告诉你是为什么
And I’ll tell you why.
在欧洲最后一晚我认识了一个人
I met somebody on my last night in Europe.
– 难以置信 – 我知道,我知道
– That’s incredible. – I know, I know.
有句老话说我们是对方的魔鬼和天使
You know how they say we’re all each other’s demons and angels?
她无疑是波提且利画笔下的天使
Well, she was literally a Botticelli angel…
…告诉我一切都会好起来
…telling me everything would be okay.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!