由于他而变得很困惑
And became totally obsessed with him.
所以去看心理医生,编了个…
So I went to a shrink, and it came up that I had written…
…关于女人想杀死她男友及如何下手的愚蠢故事…
…this stupid story about this woman trying to kill her boyfriend and how she’d do it.
…所有怎样下手又不会被抓的细节
It’s all the details of how to do it and not get caught…
她想杀死男朋友?
She was gonna kill her boyfriend?
是的,我不会真去做,只是编的罢了
Yeah, she was. It’s nothing I would do,but it was just some writing.
是的,我明白
No, I understand.
愚蠢的医生相信了我说的一切
This stupid shrink believed everything I told her.
是我第一次就诊,她说必须通知警♥察♥
It was my first time seeing her.She said she had to call the police.
她必须通知警♥察♥?
She had to call the police?
她完全相信我会付诸行动
She was totally convinced I was really gonna do it.
即使我解释那只是我编造的
Even though I had explained it was just some writing.
她看着我的眼睛说“你说的这些…
She said, looking into my eyes,”The way you said it…
…我知道你会去做”
…I know you are going to do it.”
她纯粹是疯了
She was totally out of her mind.
那是我唯一一次看心理医生
It was my first and last session.
那么后来呢?
So what happened then?
我彻底忘记了他
I totally got over him.
现在我烦恼的是…
But now, I’m obsessed…
…如果他死于千里之外的一场事故
…that he’s gonna die from an accident or 1000 kilometers away.
受指控的将是我
And I’m gonna be the one accused.
为什么我们会为不那么喜欢的人感到困惑呢?
Why is it you become obsessed with people you don’t really like that much?
不知道
I don’t know.
那你呢?
So how about you?
– 什么? – 和谁在一起?
– What? – Are you with anyone?
我们一直回避这个话题可真滑稽
It’s funny how we managed to avoid this subject for so long.
可你现在得告诉我
But now you have to tell me.
我对爱的注脚是…
Well, I kind of see love…
两个不知该如何独处的人的庇荫
…as this escape for two people who don’t know how to be alone.
真有趣,人们总是说…
It’s funny.People always talk about how…
…爱是完全无私的付出
…Iove is this totally unselfish,giving thing.
但细想想却除了自私什么都没有
But if you think about it,there’s nothing more selfish.
我明白
I know.
那么,你刚和谁分手?
So who just broke up with you?
什么?
What?
听起来你象是受了伤害
You sound like you just were hurt.
我?
Do I?
好吧
All right.
我承认
Big confession.
我应该早告诉你的
I should’ve told you this earlier or something.
我来欧洲不只是为了…
I didn’t come to Europe just to…
…在巴黎散心,读海明威
…hang out and read Hemingway in Paris and shit like that.
整个春季我都在攒钱,想去马德里…
I saved up my money all spring to fly to Madrid…
…和我的女友共渡夏季…
…and spend the summer with my girlfriend…
– 你的女友? – 前女友
– Your girlfriend? – My ex-girlfriend…
…过去一年来她一直在学艺术史
…who has been on this art history program for the last year.
总之,我到了这,久别重逢…
Anyway, I got here.We were reunited at long last…
…第一晚是和她的六个朋友一起出去吃饭
…and we went out to dinner our first night with six of her friends.
佩德罗,安东尼奥,冈萨罗…
Pedro, Antonio, Gonzalo…
…玛丽娅,老乡苏茜
…Maria, Suzy from home.
好几天她都设法回避和我独处…
She managed to avoid being alone with me for the first few days…
…慢慢我意识到她并不希望我来
…and I stuck around just to let it sink in that she wished I hadn’t come.
于是买♥♥了从维也纳起飞的最便宜的机票
So I bought the cheapest flight out,this one leaving out of vienna.
几周内没有航♥班♥,所以我又买♥♥了火车票
It didn’t leave for a couple weeks,so I bought this Eurail pass.
知道别人和你分手最糟糕的事是什么吗?
You know what’s the worst thing about somebody breaking up with you?
是当你记起自己很少想到…
It’s when you remember how little you thought about…
…与之分手的人,并意识到…
…the people you broke up with,and you realize…
…他们也很少想到你
…that that is how little they’re thinking about you.
你以为双方都会感觉痛苦…
You’d like to think you’re both in pain…
…实际上却是“嘿,很高兴你离开”
…but really, they’re just,”Hey, I’m glad you’re gone.”
相信我,我懂
Believe me, I know.
你该注意积极的一面
You should look at bright colors.
是那个心理医生告诉我的
That’s what the shrink told me.
我付她九百法郎一小时…
I was paying her 900 francs an hour…
…来倾听我是个杀人狂
…to hear that l was a homicidal maniac…
…如果我注意积极的一面就能消除我的困惑
…but I could shift my obsession if I would concentrate on bright colors.
管用吗?
Did it work?
– 对玩弹球没帮助 – 对,没有
– Didn’t help your pinball. – Well, no.
是的,要知道最近我没杀任何人
Yeah, well, you know,I haven’t killed anyone lately.
近来没有?
Not lately?
真不错,你康复了
That’s good.You’re cured then.
有种猴子,它们整天都在交♥配♥…
There’s breeds of monkeys,and all they do is have sex…
…从早到晚
…all the time.
它们因此而最少攻击性…
And they turn out to be the least violent…
…最平和,最快乐
…the most peaceful, the most happy.
所以鬼混未必就是坏事
So maybe fooling around’s not so bad.
– 你是在说猴子吧? – 是啊
– Are you talking about monkeys? – Yes, I am.
– 我想也是 – 怎么?
– I thought so. – Why?
我从没听说过,这恐怕是雄性为他们鬼混找的完美借口
I never heard this one.But it reminds me of this perfect male argument to justify them fooling around.
母猴子也可以啊,大家都可以
Women monkeys are fooling around too.Everybody’s fooling around.
真有趣,我有个可怕而偏激的念头…
That’s cute. I have this awful,paranoid thought…
…女权主义是男人创造的,好让他们…
…that feminism was mostly invented by men so they could…
…更方便鬼混
…fool around more.
“女人,解放头脑,解放身体,和我睡觉
“Woman, free your mind,free your body. Sleep with me.
“我们都是快乐自♥由♥的,只要能满足我的色♥欲♥”
We’re all happy and free, as long as I can fuck as much as I can.”
好了,好了
All right.
这也许包含有生物学的因素
But maybe there’s some biological things at work here.
如果你有个岛…
If you had an island…
…岛上有九十九个女人和一个男人…
…and there were 99 women on the island and only one man…
…一年后也许会多出九十九个孩子
…in a year, you’d have the possibility of 99 babies.
但如果岛上是九十九个男人和一个女人…
But if you have an island with 99 men and only one woman…
…一年后就只可能有一个孩子,所以…
…in a year, you have the possibility of only one baby. So….
你知道吗?
You know what?
我猜岛上也许只会留下四十三个男人
On this island, I think there will be only, like, maybe 43 men left.
为了和那可怜的女人性♥交♥他们会互相残杀
They would’ve killed each other trying to fuck this poor woman.
而另一个岛上会有九十九个女人,九十九个孩子
And on the other island,there would be 99 women, 99 babies…
…但不再有男人
…and no more man.
因为她们会把他生吃掉
Because they would’ve all eaten him alive.
哦,是吗?
Oh, yeah?
对此可以这样说
There’s something to that.
某种程度上,女人并不介意毁掉一个男人
On some level, women don’t mind the idea of destroying a man.
我曾和我的前女友一起逛街…
I was walking down the street with my ex-girlfriend…
…有四个长相凶恶的人站在一辆跑车附近
…and we’d just walked by these four thuggy-looking guys next to a Camaro.
其中一个说“嘿,宝贝,屁♥股♥真漂亮”
And one of them says,”Hey, baby. Nice ass!”
我觉得“这没什么,没必要为此生气”
So I’m like, “No big deal.I won’t get uptight about this.”
对,而且他们有四个人
Plus, there were four of them.
就是,可她说“去你♥妈♥的♥,混♥蛋♥”
Exactly. But she says,”Fuck you, dickheads!”
我想“这下好了,等着瞧吧”
And I’m like, “Okay.Wait a minute, here.”
他们可不会过来踢她的屁♥股♥
They’re not gonna come over and kick her ass.
那么谁会被顶到前线上去呢?
So who just got pushed to the frontline on that one?
女人说她们讨厌被严加保护
Women say they hate it if you’re all protective.
如果照她的意思去做,又说你不是男人
But if it suits them, then they’ll tell you you’re being unmanly.
知道吗?我不认为女人真的想毁掉男人
You know what? I don’t think woman really wants to destroy man.
即使她们想也不会成功
Even if they want to,they don’t succeed.
我相信恰恰是男人在毁掉女人…
I’m sure even men are destroying women…
…或者说相对而言更有能力毁掉女人
…or are capable of destroying women much more than women…
总之,这令人沮丧,懂我意思吗?
Anyway, it’s depressing.You know what?
– 你想停止这个话题? – 我讨厌这些
– You wanna stop talking about this? – I hate it.
男人,女人,这…
Men, women, it’s….
永无休止,就象…
There’s no end to it.
就象张跳针的唱片
It’s like a skipping record.
凡是夫妻都会永远讨论这问题
Every couple’s been having this conversation forever.
但没人能得出结论
And nobody came up with anything.
我看过记录片说这是生育舞蹈
I saw a documentary on that.It’s a birth dance.
生育舞蹈?
A birth dance?
我该给她钱吗?
Should I give her some money?
所有有意思的事都要花钱
Everything that’s interesting costs a little money.
生育舞蹈,是吧?
So a birth dance, huh?
在我看来有点象交♥配♥舞蹈
Looked a little bit like a mating dance to me.
不,是真的,女人临盆时就跳这个
No, but really.Women used it when giving birth.