我一直担心 我的负面特质会被全部遗传下去
I was worried about passing down all my negative traits.
我真的认为 我选择不生孩子
I really thought I was doing the world a favor by, uh…
对世界来说是做贡献
by not reproducing.
但后来我认识了乔治
But then I met George.
我认为也许…
And I thought maybe…
仅仅是也许 如果我们把他最棒的部分
well, just maybe, if we could take the best parts of him…
和我尚能挽救的部分组合在一起
and the salvageable parts of me…
就会诞生美好的东西
that we could make something nice.
而且我们成功了
And we did.
小琼是完美的
Junie’s perfect.
我能和乔治在一起 实在是太幸运了 对吧?
So how lucky am I to have George, right?
我怎么可能抛弃这一切呢?
Why on earth would I throw that away?
是他和米娅的关系 让你产生怀疑了吗?
Is it just his relationship with Mia that gives you doubt?
我认为是的 没错
I think so. Yeah.
艾米
Amy.
你在这里敞开心扉 并不会失去任何东西
You’re not throwing anything away by opening up in here.
嘿 林医生…
Hey, Dr. Lin, um…
你真的…
Do you, uh…?
你真的认为…
Do you really think it’s possible…
可以无条件去爱一个人吗?
to love someone unconditionally?
你什么意思?
What do you mean?
那个…
Well, uh…
一定有这样的时刻…
You know, there must be some point where–
我们感觉被爱排斥 是吧?
where we all, like, fall outside the reach of love, right?
比如犯下非常严重的错误 然后…
Like, the mistake is so big and then–
然后爱就消失了
And then the love has to stop.
你觉得你父母这样做过吗?
Did you ever feel like your parents did that?
没有 我知道我父母爱我
No. I know my parents loved me.
他们通过个人牺牲向我证明了这一点
They showed me that through sacrifice.
但他们对你的爱是否有附加条件?
But did their love ever feel conditional?
其实我是在谈论我和…
Um, I was talking more about me with this, whole…
米娅这档子事
Mia situation.
对我来说 让这事过去有多难
How difficult it’s been for me to look past it.
好的
Okay.
伙计 时间都去哪里了?
Where does the time go, dude?
这就是生活啊
Life, man.
我读到过 随着年龄的增长 时间会变快
I read that time speeds up as you get older,
因为在你一岁时
because when you’re a year old,
你对时间的感知是百分之百的
that year is a hundred percent of your perception of time,
但随着你长大
but as you get older,
一年在你人生经历中的占比越来越小
that year is a smaller fraction of the time you’ve experienced.
什么?
What? –
伙计 这…
Oh, dude. This–
所以我才想念跟你聊天 我就是想听这些
Yo, man. That’s why I miss talking to you. I miss this shit.
抱歉 我是个宅男
I’m sorry. I’m a nerd.
不 这就是我想和你聚的原因
No. That’s why I wanted to meet up.
我只能和你谈这些事
I don’t have anybody else to talk about this stuff.
为什么不能跟别人谈?
Well, why not?
我就是…
I just, you know…
作为唱诗班的带领者…
It’s hard being in charge of…
挺难的
uh, Praise Team.
我们成就斐然
We accomplished so much,
但也付出了不少代价
but it came with a lot of costs,
这些代价没有人看得到 只有我在默默付出
and it’s costs that no one sees and only I pay.
常言道 “欲戴王冠 必承其重”
They say “heavy lies the crown.”
是的 王冠 就是这样
Yes, yo, the crown, exactly.
那真是…伙计… 我以为会有不同的感受 但…
That’s– Dude– I thought I’d feel different, but–
戴不戴王冠都一样
The crown feels the same.
这种一样是什么感觉?
What does the same feel like?
我这辈子一直忙忙碌碌 你知道吗?
I’ve been hustling my whole life, you know?
仅仅是为了那些最基本的需要
Like even just for like the basics.
我一直以为忙碌的生活 是造成我这种…
And I always thought the hustle was like the cause of this, like…
感觉的原因 但…
feeling, but…
现在我开始思考 这种感觉是否一直都在
Now I’m starting to wonder if it’s always there.
你能听明白吗?就是…
Does that make sense? Like…
你知道自己应该和谁聊聊吗?
You know who you should talk to? – Ah.
西方心理疗法对东方的头脑没用
Western therapy doesn’t work on Eastern minds.
不 你应该和我妻子谈谈
No, you should talk to my wife.
什么?
What?
长♥期♥以来 她一直在与抑郁症作斗争
She’s been struggling with depression for a long time.
不 我不是抑郁
No, no, no. I’m not depressed.
她也会这么说
She would say the same thing,
但自从她卖♥♥掉公♥司♥之后
but since she sold her company,
情况好多了 现在她性情平稳多了
she’s been doing so much better. She’s much more balanced now.
当生活给我们当头一击
When life throws us a curveball…
她在情绪上依然很坚强
she stays so emotionally strong.
甚至比我都要坚强很多
Way stronger than me, even.
但伙计 你已经很坚强了
Dude, you’re so strong, though.
嘿 今晚我要举办
Hey, I’m having a friends and family thing
新作品亲友展示会
for my new pieces tonight.
你应该参加 和她见见
You should come by and meet her.
我很乐意再看看你的花瓶
I would love to see your vases again.
我还在想着你给我看的那个
I still think about the ones you showed me.
伙计 你一看就知道 那是上好的艺术品
Dude, that’s when you know it’s good art.
旧作让我尴尬
Old pieces are embarrassing.
它们是垃圾
They’re garbage.
真的吗?
Oh, word?
于是春树告诉我 “继续盯着一美元钞票”
So Haru told me, “Keep looking at the dollar bill.”
于是我就这么做了
So I did.
我看啊看啊看 突然间
I stared and stared and, suddenly,
我开始注意到那些复杂的细节
I started to notice all the intricacies.
鹰嘴里的丝带看起来更像一条蛇
The ribbon in the eagle’s mouth looked more like a serpent.
上帝的全知之眼
The all-seeing eye of God,
我从未凝视过它
I had never gazed into it.
那给我一种很熟悉的感觉 我开始哭泣
It felt quite familiar. I started to cry.
我绝不会忘记 春树转向我说…
And I will never forget, Haru turns to me and he goes–
他说
He goes,
“就在那一美元钞票上
“Right there on the dollar bill,
金钱本身会贬低伟大艺术的价值”
money declares its intent to cheapen great art.”
因此 我们今日不是为了颂扬金钱
So here we are today to celebrate, not money,
而是颂扬由我才华横溢的儿子 创作的伟大艺术
but great art made by my brilliant son,
他就是乔治春树
George Nakai.
我还必须提到他的灵感之源
And I must mention his muse,
他的坚强后盾 他的守护者
his rock, his patron,
艾米刘
Amy Lau.
说实话 我认为这一切 都始于就是那把月亮椅
Honestly, I think it all kind of started with the Tamago chair.
我以为那个是非卖♥♥品
Oh, I thought that wasn’t for sale.
我这位得力的美女助理
Oh, well, my beauty here,
她发挥了魔力
she worked her magic
然后乔治给我打了电♥话♥ 剩下的大家都知道了
and George gave me a call, and the rest is history.
我只是想让她快乐…
I just wanted her to be happy, and, um…
我们知道听起来是怎样的
we know how it sounds.
大姑姐变成了未婚妻
Sister-in-law turned fiancée.
我弟弟气疯了
My brother is pissed,
但这都是命中注定的
but, you know, this was meant to be.
《侏罗纪公园》里的台词 “生命自有其出路”
Jurassic Park. “Life finds a way.”
没错!
Yes!
就是这样 -哇哦 我喜欢这句!
That’s right. – Wow, I love that!
我刚看完 所以…是啊
I just watched that, so… Right.
你说这是不是巧了 娜奥米嫁给了我弟弟
What are the chances that Naomi would marry my brother,
他客观上说挺讨人厌的
who is objectively repugnant,
然后搬到了艾米和乔治家附近
and then move to the same neighborhood as Amy and George,
他们恰好就有 我多年来垂涎不已的那把椅子?
who happened to have the chair that I’ve been coveting for years?
太离谱了 -是
That’s crazy. – Right. Yeah.
这显然就是宇宙想要撮合我们
It’s obvious the universe was bringing us together,
是不是 我的灵魂伴侣? -赞恩
isn’t that right, my soul mate? – Zane.
你在这里
There you are.
我想让你见见我妻子 艾米
I want you to meet my wife, Amy.
嗨 -你好
Hey. – Hi.
来吧 拥抱一下
Come on. Bring it in.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!