还记得我们老教堂 那架总出问题的投影仪吗?
Remember that fussy overhead projector at our old church?
老天 那时的我们太不一样了
Gosh, we were so different then.
我都记得 -我也记得
I remember everything. – I remember too.
(打给我 急事)
不好意思 我得去打个电♥话♥ 很快就好
Hey, I’m sorry. I’m gonna make a real quick call.
我们的朋友埃丝特 正好在抱怨她家下水管
Our friend Esther was just complaining about her plumber.
什么事?
Oh. – Yo, what’s going on?
没什么 我就刚拉了泡屎
Nothing much, man. I’m just finishing up taking a shit.
正在往后背抹可的松
Rubbing some Cortizone on my back.
你短♥信♥上写着“急事”
You texted “9-1-1.”
该死 对 我是发了这个
Oh, shit. Yeah, I did.
你还记得住在汽车旅馆的 那个查德吗?
Remember that guy Chad who lived at the motel?
记得
Yeah.
他现在还住那里 过得一团糟
Well, dude, he still lives there and his life’s a mess, man.
他应该得了痛风
I think he has gout.
好吧
Okay…
所以呢?
so?
你听好了 于是我借给了他一些钱去买♥♥药
Dude, get this. So I lent him some money for his meds,
但我认为他没把钱用在药上
but I don’t think he used it on them.
你到底想说什么? -我马上就说到了
What are you trying to say? – I’m getting to it.
天啊 我们就不能放松下来 时不时地闲聊一下吗?
We can’t just chill and have small talk sometimes?
我们总是在闲聊 每次都是
We talk small all the time, like, all the time.
好吧 行 他说有一对亚裔夫妇在找你
All right, fine, look, he said an Asian couple was looking for you.
看起来是有钱人
They looked rich.
这婊♥子♥到底找我要干嘛?
What does this bitch want from me?
她有房♥子 有孩子 我有什么?
She got a house, she has kids. What do I got?
兄弟!你有的也不少啊
Dude! You got lots of shit, man.
你有我 你有自己的卡车
You got me, got your truck.
严格来说 那车现在是我的
Technically it’s mine now…
好吧 行 没事
Yeah, okay. Yeah, all right.
谢谢你给我报信 -没事 不用谢
Thanks for the heads up. – Yeah, no problem.
我得挂了 -随时联♥系♥我
I gotta go. – Hit me up whenever.
谁发消息了?
Who was that?
可能就是垃圾信息
Uh, it was probably just spam.
我来帮你吧 转过来
Let me help you with that. Turn around.
不用了 我可以的
It’s fine, I can do it.
我愿意帮你
Oh, I don’t mind.
让你依赖上我 你就走不掉了
Makes you dependent on me so you can’t leave.
我会系领带
I can tie a tie.
乔治 拜托 你还为之前的事生气吗?
George, come on, you still mad about earlier?
没有 就让我自己系领带吧
No, just let me tie my tie.
我去看看琼
I’m gonna go check on June.
好吧
Okay.
我决定不打领带了
Listen– – I decided not to wear it.
你听好 我是个很危险的人
Listen to me. I’m a dangerous guy.
你只是一个无聊的郊区家庭主妇 对生活毫无追求 好吧?
You’re just a bored, suburban housewife with no purpose, okay?
你肯定对自己 毫无建树的一生感到狂怒
I bet you’re mad at yourself for letting your whole life pass you by.
你肯定有过宏伟的梦想 觉得一切皆有可能
I bet you had big dreams. Anything was possible.
(创建用户名)
然后眨眼间
Then you blinked.
你就被现在这种 你并不想要的生活困住了
And now you’re stuck in a life you never wanted.
你什么都有 但内心空虚
You have it all, but you’re empty inside.
你觉得力不从心 你想夺回控制权
You feel weak, you want to take back control.
你猜怎么着 你夺不走我的控制权 好吗?
Well, guess what. You won’t take it from me, okay?
我凶猛强悍!谁都别想惹我!
I’m a fucking animal! I can’t be fucked with!
只能我给你添堵!
I do the fucking!
所以别再惹我 离我远点 否则让你好看
So stop messing with me and leave me alone or else.
你听懂了吗?
You hear me?
这是我对你最后的警告
This is your last warning.
还是别让我爆发 绝对不要!
You do not want to unleash the beast. You don’t!
(经营一家大型无能建筑公♥司♥ 是什么感觉?)
这他妈是谁?
Who the fuck?
我很高兴维罗妮卡让你们过来 -不客气 埃丝特
I’m so glad Veronica sent you. – No problem, Esther.
你们是橙县人吗?
So are you from Orange County?
不 我们在圣贝纳迪诺郊外长大
No, we grew up outside San Bernardino.
我父母在狂潮水上乐园附近 经营一家汽车旅馆
My parents owned a motel near Raging Waters.
不错 那里的生意一定很好
Nice. That must’ve done well.
我出生之前确实挺好的
Apparently, before I was born.
后来飓风港乐园开始营业 于是…
And then Hurricane Harbor opened up, so…
这两个地方我都没去过
I’ve never really been to either.
我们应该去逛逛 飓风港乐园如何?
We should go. Harbor?
听说很刺♥激♥ 有个禁忌塔穿越
Oh, it’s sick. There’s this ride, Taboo Towers.
有一个向上的入口 三个向下的出口 你不知道会从哪里出来
Got one way up, three ways down. It’s unpredictable.
有点像我的生活
Kind of like how I live my life.
总之 我也做投资 这就是我的副业
Anyways, I do investing. This is like my side gig.
如果你需要投资建议…
So if you ever need investing advice– –
我马上回来 -好的
I’ll be right back. – Okay.
你完事了? -如果你帮我一把
Yo. You done yet? – I would be if you were helping me
而不是和客户调情 早就好了
instead of flirting with the customer base.
老兄 这个叫客户服务
Dude, it’s called client services.
工作时别发消息
Do not text on the job.
是谁? -她叫凯拉
Who is that? – Her name’s Kayla.
她挺带劲吧?
Yo, she’s bad, right?
这是个机器人
This is a bot.
你才是机器人
You’re a bot.
(你是机器人吗?)
(不是 你是吗?)
(椅子 六十五年)
1979年夏天我们结婚后
Following our marriage in the summer of 1979,
中井对负面空间有了深刻的认识
Haru became deeply conscious of negative space.
他爱上了虚空和物质之间的相互作用
Oh, he fell in love with the interplay between void and substance.
顺理成章地
So naturally,
这把椅子的弧度
the curvature of the seat
是按照我自己背部的轮廓建模的
is modeled after the contours of my own backside.
太棒了 -好神奇
Oh, fabulous. – That’s amazing.
富美 我们很感激你能借出 这把月亮椅
Fumi, we’re so grateful to have a Tamago chair on loan.
我很想让你看看我们的其他作品
I’d love to get your eyes on our other pieces.
这把椅子真是来历不凡 是吧?
Quite the origin story for a chair, huh?
乔丹娜 非常感谢你能来参加
Jordan, thank you so much for coming.
谢谢你的邀请 这是谁呀?
Thank you for having me. Who is this?
这是小琼 琼 打个招呼
Oh, this is Junie. June, say hi.
好吧 希望随着年龄的增长 能变得更有礼貌
Okay, hopefully she’ll get more polite as she gets older.
告诉我 这个故事是真的还是编出来的?
So tell me, is all of that true or made up?
不好意思 你说什么?
I’m sorry, what?
我们都知道 精彩的故事能提高价格
A good story drives the price, as we know.
我有我妈裸体坐在模具上的照片
I have photos of my mom sitting naked on the mold.
真的吗?
Really?
多少钱?
How much?
这个不卖♥♥
It’s not for sale.
乔治?
George?
肯定可以定个价格的
I’m sure that there’s a price.
对不起 这我必须婉拒
Sorry. Gotta put my foot down.
乔治 就别玩欲迎还拒的把戏了
Joji, Joji, Joji. Let’s not play games.
十万美元
A hundred thousand.
怎么样?
How’s that?
不行 没门的 乔丹娜
Nope. No way, Jordana.
这个展览很棒
This exhibit has been great.
非常感谢你的邀请 但我该走了 拜拜
Thank you so much for having me, but I should be leaving. Cheers.
乔丹娜 我以为我们能多聊聊
You know, I thought we could hang out
谈谈那笔交易?
and talk about the deal?
但我真的需要去 参加我朋友的乔迁庆宴
I really need to get to my friend’s housewarming.
是在尼泊尔 所以…
It’s in Nepal, so…
再见
Bye-bye.
嘿!干杯 弟弟!
Hey! Cheers, baby bro!
祝我们能充分利用余下的人生!
Here’s to making the most of the time we got left!
喂 我说了干杯!
Yo, I said cheers!
嘿 等你四五十岁了
Hey, man. When you’re 40, 50,
就会想回家和自己的妻子 一起做泡菜
you’re gonna wanna come home to your girl making kimchi jjigae.
也许我想等她回家 和我一起做芝士焗鸡排呢
Maybe I want her to come home to me making chicken parm.
什么?
What?
我想等她回家 给她做芝士焗鸡排!
I want her to come home to me making her chicken parm!
你现在和白人女孩胡搞没什么问题
It’s okay to mess around with white girls now,
但等你想安顿下来时 还是要听爸妈的话
but when you settle down, listen to Mom and Dad,