为他和身边的所有人
caused him and everyone connected with him
都带来了很多麻烦
a great deal of trouble.
如果这本书让你觉得烦扰…
If the book has troubled you…
但孤儿必须面对麻烦
Oh, but an orphan must know trouble.
什么样的麻烦
What sort of trouble?
各种各样的麻烦
All sorts of trouble.
拉弗顿集市 太有趣了
Laverton Fair. Vastly entertaining.
真是个好主意 简
Monstrous good idea, Jane.
是啊 奥斯汀小姐
Yes, Miss Austen,
不是你平常会接触到的人群吧
not exactly your usual society, I’d say.
有点想象力吧 勒弗罗伊先生
Show a little imagination, Mr Lefroy.
这里的麻烦够多了
Trouble here enough.
还有自♥由♥
And freedom,
男人的自♥由♥
the freedom of men.
你不羡慕吗
Do not you envy it?
但我能这么近地目睹 已经很愉快了
But I have the intense pleasure of observing it so closely.
这个傻瓜 遇上了专业选手
Now, there’s a fool, to go to it with a professional.
你当然对此很熟悉了
You know about this, of course.
当然了
Of course.
是啊 这在伦敦是个很时髦的消遣活动
Yes, a vastly fashionable pastime in London.
把一个男人揍成肉泥
Beating a man to a pulp.
你要干什么
What are you doing?
勒弗罗伊先生 站住
Mr Lefroy, stop!
让一下
Make way!
-住手 -看看你怎么打赢我 先生
– Stop! – Let us see how you fare against me, sir.
让一让
Coming through.
5先令赌这位先生赢 谁来和我赌
Five shillings on the gent. Who will take it?
你吗 先生 票在这里
You, sir? That’s the ticket.
拿着
Have that.
谢谢
Thank you.
加油 打他
Go on, hit him!
加油 勒弗罗伊 打他啊
Come on, Lefroy, hit him, man!
汤姆
Tom,
你必须停下了
you must stop.
加油 勒弗罗伊
Come on, Lefroy!
起来 先生
Up, sir.
汤姆
Tom!
露西
Lucy.
他已经第二次让我输了
That’s twice he’s done that to me.
你花钱像流水一样
You spend money like water.
恐怕我的钱太少了
I’m afraid it’s damn low water with me.
-我的钱恐怕不够了 先生 -拿去
– I’m afraid I’m short, sir. – Take it.
太丢人了
How embarrassing.
勒弗罗伊先生 勒弗罗伊先生 勒弗罗伊先生
Mr Lefroy? Mr Lefroy? Mr Lefroy?
我刚才是不是太不守礼节了
Was I deficient in propriety?
你为什么要那么做
Why did you do that?
那么多节昂贵的拳击课可不能白学
Couldn’t waste all those expensive boxing lessons.
原谅我可能怀疑了你的正义感
Forgive me if I suspect in you a sense of justice.
我是一名律师
I am a lawyer.
正义在法律中毫无作用
Justice plays no part in the law.
你是这么认为的吗
Is that what you believe?
是的 我必须这么认为
I believe it. I must.
我先失陪了
I beg your leave.
她的心被扰乱了
Her heart is stirred.
只是一阵夏日狂风
It’s a summer squall.
勒弗罗伊先生很快就会离开
Mr Lefroy will soon be gone.
韦斯利先生还会等着她的 但愿吧
And Mr Wisley will still be waiting, I hope.
他就是个呆子
The man’s a booby.
他年纪再大些就不会这样了
Oh, he will grow out of that.
她可以轻而易举地把他变好
And she could fix him with very little trouble.
你可以去劝劝她
You could persuade her.
劝她牺牲自己的幸福吗
To sacrifice her happiness?
简不应该嫁给条件最好的男人
Jane should have not the man who offers the best price,
而应该嫁给她喜欢的男人
but the man she wants.
奥斯汀先生
Oh, Mr.Austen.
我们还要一天天地争论这个问题吗
Must we have this conversation day in and day out?
再继续这样下去 我们会沦落成穷♥人♥的
We’ll end up in the gutter if we carry on like this.
珍妮
Jenny!
奥斯汀先生
Mr.Austen!
你们在哪
Where are you?
谢谢你们能回访
So kind of you to return the call.
要喝杯茶吗 夫人
Will you take a dish of tea, ma’am?
绿茶吗
Green tea?
红茶 夫人
Brown, Your Ladyship.
那就算了
Then no.
你的小女儿呢
Where is your youngest daughter?
她去看望穷♥人♥了 夫人
She’s visiting the poor, ma’am.
简 简
Jane? Jane!
终于回来了
At last.
格雷夏姆夫人和韦斯利先生来访了
Lady Gresham and Mr Wisley have come to call.
你去哪了
Where have you been?
夫人 先生好
Ma’am. Sir.
或许
Well, perhaps…
或许年轻人们想出去走走吧
Perhaps the young people would like to take a walk?
我看到房♥子边上有一片美丽的旷野
I see there’s a pretty little wilderness at the side of the house.
失陪了
Excuse me.

Jane?
-她在做什么 -写作
– What is she doing? – Writing.
能做些什么改掉她这毛病吗
Can anything be done about it?
奥斯汀小姐
Miss Austen,
你可能知道我在史蒂文顿做客期间
you may know that I have known you
大部分时间都在了解你
for some considerable time during my visits to Steventon.
这个季节的花♥园♥真美
The garden is so affecting in this season.
是啊
Indeed.
你给我留下的印象一直都…
The impression you have given me has always…
尤其是花朵
The flowers particularly.
我想说的是 我…
What I’m trying to say is that I…
我一年有2000英镑可观的收入
I have a respectable property of 2,000 a year
作为格雷夏姆夫人的继承人将来还会有更多
in addition to even greater expectations as Lady Gresham’s heir,
-这么说可能有些失礼 -失礼 没错
– to which it may be indelicate to refer. – Oh, indelicate, yes.
这都是你的
It’s yours.
如果我们结婚了 这些都是你的
If we marry, all of it, yours.
韦斯利先生
Mr Wisley…
我明白你的求婚非常真诚
Your offer is most sincere, I can see,
也很绅士 我倍感荣幸 真的
and gentlemanlike, and it honours me, truly.
但对于你的财产 你的求婚 我…
But for all you are, and all you offer, I…
是的
Yes.
有时爱意是一朵娇羞的花 需要时间绽放
Sometimes affection is a shy flower that takes time to blossom.
对小贩说谎话编造借口
Lying to tradesmen,
缝缝补补 敲敲打打 各种杂活
mending, scratching, scraping.
望不到头的凑合的日子
Endlessly, endlessly making do!
我知道我们的处境困难 夫人
I understand that our circumstances are difficult, ma’am.
-你没有钱 -肯定还有办法的
– There is no money for you. – Surely something could be done.
我们所有的积蓄都只能留给你的兄弟们
What we can put by must go to your brothers.
你将身无分文 除非你嫁户好人家
You will have nothing, unless you marry.
那好吧 我可以身无分文
Well, then, I will have nothing.
因为我跟母亲你一样 不要没有感情的婚姻
For I will not marry without affection, like my mother!
那你瞧我的下场 现在不得不自己去挖土豆
And now I have to dig my own damn potatoes!
你宁可变成一个可怜的老姑娘吗
Would you rather be a poor old maid?
成为可笑的 让人瞧不起的笑柄吗
Ridiculous, despised, the butt of jokes?
让村里的每个人都朝你丢石头
The legitimate sport of any village lout
变成大家茶余饭后的笑料吗
with a stone and an impudent tongue?
人人都渴求爱情
Affection is desirable.
但金钱绝对是不可或缺的
Money is absolutely indispensable.
我可以养活自己 靠我的…
I could live by my…
靠你的什么
Your what?
-我可以靠我的… -你的笔吗
– I could live by my… – Pen?
你还是彻底打消这个念头吧
Let’s knock that notion on the head once and for all.
这是怎么了
What’s this?
我家的女人们闹矛盾了吗
Trouble amongst my women?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!