♪看不到爱♪
♪…absent love to see♪
♪亲爱的 只要想到你 就让我欢喜♪
♪Dear you, oh, to think on thee♪
悠着点 小子
Careful there, old fellow.
枪很不错 勒弗罗伊先生
Fine piece, Mr Lefroy.
汤姆 你以前玩过枪吧
Handled a gun before, have you, Tom?
汤姆
Tom!
老天啊
Jesus!
汤姆
Tom.
叔叔
Uncle?
出去转转吧
Why not try a walk?
这附近的田园风光很不错 相当不错
There’s some very fine country round about. Very fine.
去走走
A walk.
小姐
Miss!
小姐 小姐
Miss! Miss!
小姐 小姐 我…
Miss! Miss, I…
小姐
Miss?
小姐
Miss?
小姐贵姓
Miss…
我姓奥斯汀
Austen.
我是勒弗罗伊先生
Mr Lefroy.
我知道 但我现在独自一人
Yes, I know, but I am alone.
-除了有我在 -没错
– Except for me. – Exactly.
等等
Oh, come!
在这乡下还有什么举止规范的要求吗
What rules of conduct apply in this rural situation?
我们经介绍已经认识过了不是吗
We have been introduced, have we not?
你连我的名字都记不住
What value is there in an introduction
那介绍还有意义吗
when you cannot even remember my name?
是啊 有我在场时 很少有人能不睡着
Indeed, can barely stay awake in my presence.
女士
Madam.
你这种地位尊贵的绅士一定觉得
These scruples must seem very provincial
这种顾忌是乡野愚昧之风
to a gentleman with such elevated airs,
但这些规矩不是我定的
but I do not devise these rules.
我仅仅是被迫去遵守而已
I am merely obliged to obey them.
有人告诉我说在这里散步可以欣赏到很多风景
I have been told there is much to see upon a walk
但到目前为止我只看到了
but all I’ve detected so far
上面的绿叶和下面的枯叶
is a general tendency to green above and brown below.
其他人看到了更多东西 这里很有名
Yes, well, others have detected more. It is celebrated.
甚至还有本介绍塞尔伯恩森林的书呢
There’s even a book about Selborne Wood.
是本小说吗
A novel, perhaps?
小说
Novels?
出身贫寒 枯燥乏味 仅仅是女人的读物
Being poor, insipid things, read by mere women,
甚至是女人写的
even, God forbid, written by mere women?
明白了 我们是在谈论你朗读的作品
I see, we’re talking of your reading.
就好像女人的作品
As if the writing of women
没有展现出思想最强大的力量
did not display the greatest powers of mind,
人类的学识
knowledge of human nature,
智慧和幽默最为生动的流露
the liveliest effusions of wit and humour
和最精雕细琢的遣词造句
and the best-chosen language imaginable?
-我当时没有表现出欣赏吗 -实在看不出来
– Was I deficient in rapture? – In consciousness.
那作品…
It was…
那作品 字字珠玉
It was accomplished.
那是在反讽
It was ironic.
-你确定我没有冒犯到你吗 -完全没有
– And you’re sure I’ve not offended you? – Not at all.
各位老爷们 女士们先生们
My lords, ladies and gentlemen,
《大维齐尔的飞翔》曲子开始了
the Grand Vizier’s Flight.
-能赏个脸跟我跳支舞吗 -太客气了 表哥
– May I have the honour? – How kind, cousin.
-奥斯汀小姐 -韦斯利先生
– Miss Austen. – Mr Wisley.
下一曲能请你赏脸跟我一起跳吗
May I have the pleasure of this next dance?
-我们迟到太久了 -小心点
– Oh, no, we’re so late. – Take care.
谢谢你 汤姆
Oh, thank you, Tom.
-快点 -露西
– Hurry. – Lucy.
我很羞愧
I am mortified.
我练过了 但就是学不会
I practised, but it won’t stick.
他们是多么可爱的一对啊
What a lovely pair they make.
妹妹 你来了
Ah, Sister.
你觉得勒弗罗伊先生怎么样
What do you make of Mr Lefroy?
他能出席是我们的荣幸
We’re honoured by his presence.
你这样认为吗
You think?
是的 瞧他打扮得如此精致 昂首阔步
He does, with his preening, prancing,
带着爱尔兰和伦敦邦德街混合的浪荡作风
Irish-cum-Bond-Street airs.

Jane.
我认为他就是觉得自己高人一等
Well, I call it very high indeed,
明明在场的男士那么少 他还拒绝跳舞
refusing to dance when there are so few gentleman.
-亨利 你的朋友们都这么令人讨厌吗 -简
– Henry, are all your friends so disagreeable? – Jane.
他到底是从爱尔兰哪里来的
Where exactly in Ireland does he come from, anyway?
我来自利默里克 奥斯汀小姐
Limerick, Miss Austen.
如果下一支舞你能屈尊赏脸
I would regard it as a mark of extreme favour
我将视其为无上的荣耀
if you would stoop to honour me with this next dance.
作为第一个和我跳舞的人 女士
Being the first to dance with me, madam,
我觉得我有必要告诉你
I feel it only fair to inform you
我对汉普郡人热情程度的评价完全基于你的表现
that you carry the standard for Hampshire hospitality.
那你在这里的名声就得看我怎么说了
Then your country reputation depends on my report.
顺便说一下 这叫乡村舞
This, by the way, is called a country dance,
是根据法语词「队列舞」取名的
after the French, contredanse.
不是因为它是在粗俗的乡村舞会上跳的
Not because it is exhibited at an uncouth rural assembly
伴着黏糊糊的馅饼
with glutinous pies,
糟糕的葡萄酒
execrable Madeira
和没有任何规矩的舞蹈
and truly anarchic dancing.
你对大家的评判充满恶意 女士
You judge the company severely, madam.
我只是说出了你的想法
I was describing what you’d be thinking.
请让我自己想 不需要你代劳
Allow me to think for myself.
那就让我也自己想 先生
Gives me leave to do the same, sir,
肯定会有不同的结论
and come to a different conclusion.
你能给一个女人这种权利吗
Will you give so much to a woman?
那得看是什么样的女人
It must depend on the woman
以及她对我的看法是怎样的
and what she thinks of me.
但你是个很难取悦的人
But you are above being pleased.
我觉得你 你姓什么来着
And I think that you, miss, what was it?
-奥斯汀 你姓… -勒弗罗伊
– Austen. Mr…? – Lefroy.
奥斯汀小姐 我觉得你
I think that you, Miss Austen,
自认为高人一等
consider yourself a cut above the company.
我吗
Me?
就是你 小姐
You, ma’am,
内心里是这样的
secretly.
你和那位绅士针锋相对了几次 简
How many times did you stand up with that gentleman, Jane?
-两次吗 -说两次有点少了
– Was it twice? – Twice would have been partial.
-说三次就是… -穷凶极恶了
– Thrice would have been absolutely… – Flagrant.
简 小心点 露西说得没错
Careful, Jane, Lucy is right.
勒弗罗伊先生名声在外
Mr Lefroy does have a reputation.
他大概是最令人厌恶的…
Presumably as the most disagreeable…
“无礼的 傲慢的 无♥耻♥的
“…insolent, arrogant, impudent,
令人无法忍♥受的 自大的男人”
“insufferable, impertinent of men.”
太多形容词了
Too many adjectives.
她想说什么啊
What is she trying to say?
准备好 先生们 别落下
On your toes, gentlemen. No singles.
投手这边 投手这边
Bowler’s end, bowler’s end.
再来 继续跑
Again! Run for more.
在看板球时 我会觉得自己是个真正的法国人
I never feel more French than when I watch cricket.
-出局 -没有出局
– Out. – Not out.
-没有吗 -没有
– No? – No.
他出局了吗
Is he out?
我开始怀疑你在和我哥哥调情了 表姐
I begin to suspect you’re flirting with my brother, cousin.
调情是女人的常用手段 要经常练习
Flirting is a woman’s trade. One must keep in practice.
你出局了
You’re gone.
投得好 汤姆
Well played, Tom.
就靠你了
We’re depending on you.
轮到沃伦先生了
Oh, it’s Mr Warren’s…turn.
祝你好运
Best of luck!
约翰·沃伦
John Warren!
祝你好运 沃伦先生
Good luck, Mr Warren.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!