我是吸过毒
I experimented with some drugs.
没错
I did.
-但不是无害 -怎么…
– But not harmless. – What, is this…?
有个人…不不
There was a guy, and… No, no.
开始说教了吗
This is the lecture part?
-是吗 -对
– Right? – Yes.
爸 你杞人忧天了
Dad, you worry too much, all right?
-大家都吸 -记得要小心
– Everyone does it. -Just be careful.
就是点大♥麻♥ 我只是偶尔嗨一下
It’s just a little pot. I’m just partying a little.
只是…只是偶尔抽一抽
It’s just… you know, it’s just once in a while.
嗯
Mm-hmm.
偶尔嗨一下是我应得的
I deserve to party a little now.
-应得的 -是的
-“Deserve to party.” -I do.
只是…让我放松放松
Look, it just… it takes the edge off things.
让我…从傻♥逼♥现实中解脱一下
It-it… it-it takes the edge off of stupid all-day reality.
现实怎么傻♥逼♥了
What is stupid about reality?
就是…
You know, just like…
有很多无关紧要的傻♥逼♥事
like daily, stupid things that don’t matter.
好吧
Okay.
你不能说这种傻话
You cannot say dumb shit like that,
否则你会开始相信的
or you’re gonna start believing it.
好吧
Right.
冰♥毒♥
极易上瘾 注射 刺♥激♥…
冰♥毒♥能让人的情绪快速改变
例如 吸食冰♥毒♥的人可能变得暴♥力♥易怒
谢谢你把东西带来 凯伦
Thanks for bringing that, Karen.
这就是我的家了
This is my home.
几周前 你告诉我
A couple of weeks ago, you told me
你只吸食过一次冰♥毒♥
that you had only done crystal meth once.
可是不止如此 对吗
And the story has to be bigger than that, right?
-嗯 -你没说实话
– Mm-hmm. – There’s more to it.
是吗
Yeah?
大卫
David.
我们需要知道
We need to know.
我们需要知道
We need to know.
我一直都很喜欢
I think I always liked it.
什么
What?
都喜欢 大♥麻♥ 酒精
Anything. Pot, alcohol,
摇♥头♥丸♥ 可♥卡♥因♥ 邮票
Ecstasy, cocaine, LSD.
你已经吸食这些
And you’ve been doing all of that
很多年了吗
for what… years?
是有几年了
A couple years, yeah.
冰♥毒♥呢
And crystal meth?
只有几个月
Just a couple months.
为什么
Wh-Why?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我吸的时候 感觉…
When I tried it, I felt…
感觉比以往都好 所以…
I felt better than I ever had, so…
我就一直吸了
I just kept on doing it.
我还担心你吸太多大♥麻♥
I was worried that you were smoking too much pot.
可你却早就把地球上的毒品吸了个遍
Meanwhile, you’re out doing every drug on the planet?
还隐瞒 说谎
And hiding it and lying?
为什么
Why?
-我不知道… -为什么
– I don’t know. Um… – Why?
-尼克 告诉我为什么 -别激动
– Nic, tell me why. – Ease up.
-我不知道 -我还以为我们很亲近
– I don’t know. – I thought we were close.
我以为我们比多数父子都亲近
I thought we were closer than most fathers and sons.
我感觉你总是对我很失望
Yeah, I feel like you’re always disappointed in me.
我没去念大学你很失望
You’re disappointed I didn’t go to college.
这能怪我吗
Can you blame me?!
就在不久之前
Just, uh, not too long ago,
你还看书写作 而且还
you were reading and you were writing, and you were
参加了水球队
on the water polo team.
可是看看我们现在
And look at us now.
-爸爸 -这不是我们
– Dad… -This isn’t us.
-我们不是这样的 -你们两个 拜托 停下
– This is not who we are. – Just, please, both of you, stop.
爸 对发生的一切我真的很抱歉
Dad, I’m really sorry about everything.
爸 我真的…
Dad, I’m so…
我真的很抱歉 爸
I’m really sorry, Dad.
尼克 你有的…
Nic, what you have…
你还会再找到的
…you’re gonna find it again.
都会回来的
And you’re gonna get it back.
去吧
Ow. There you go.
尼克
Nic!
尼克
Nic!
尼克
Nic!
尼克
Nic!
尼克
Nic!
爸
Hey, Dad.
纽约如何
How’s New York?
还行 不错
Fine. Good.
今天的面试很不错
Good interview today.
-那就好 -你好吗
– Nice. – How are you?
我很好 真的
Oh, I’m-I’m doing good. Yeah.
是吗 确定吗
Yeah? You sure?
嗯 我不…
Yeah. I don’t… well…
什么
What?
就是…
It’s, uh…
怎么了
What’s going on?
我们有个很棒的治疗小组
Uh, we had this great group session,
其中一个人说他愿意不惜一切
and one of the guys here was saying he would do anything
换取上大学的机会 但他没机会了
for a chance to go to college, but he can’t.
-好 -后来我们聊天的时候他说
– Okay. – And when we were talking later, he said,
“你还有机会上大学 别傻
“You could still go to college. Don’t be an idiot.
去上大学”
Go to college.”
怎么说呢 反正很疯狂
I don’t know, it’s just crazy.
我意识到我不该停滞不前
I realized I don’t think I should stay behind.
我喜欢写作
I love writing.
我觉得我很擅长
And I feel like I’m good at it,
我经常写 但是…
and I do it a lot, but…
显然 我还有很多
obviously, there’s still a lot
需要学习的…
for-for me to learn and…
总之…
Anyway, um…
我想试试 如果…
I’d love to give it a go, if…
如果你们不介意的话
you know, if it’s all right with you guys.
好 我跟凯伦和你妈妈说
Yeah. I’ll talk to Karen and to your mom.
在后面
Back here.
你见过你的室友了吗
Have you met your roommate yet?
见过了 他人好像不错
Yeah, he seems nice.
他在大厅里
He’s just in the hall.
不过我很同情你
I feel for you, though.
真受不了
Ouch.
不用担心 我会教育他的
No worries. I’ll educate him.
先告诉你一声 他会听约翰·佐恩
Before you know it, he’ll be listening to John Zorn.
好了 我得走了
Well, I better get going.
好
All right.
-一切 -一切
– Everything. – Everything.
这是查尔斯·布可夫斯基的诗
So, this is a poem by Charles Bukowski.
这个人好几次救了我的命 所以…
Uh, this man saved my life multiple times, so…
“我换了工作和城市
“I changed jobs and cities,
我讨厌节日
“I hated holidays,
婴儿 历史
“Babies, history,
报纸 博物馆 祖母
“Newspapers, museums, grandmothers,
婚姻 电影 蜘蛛…”
marriage, movies, spiders…”
让我看看 让我看看
I want to see it, I want to see it! Oh!
“清洁工”
“…garbagemen,
-“英式口音” -漂亮 继续 来来
– “English accents… – Nice. Go, go, go!
“西班牙 法国
“…Spain, France,
意大利 胡桃 橙色
“Italy, walnuts and the color orange.
代数让我愤怒 歌♥剧让我恶心
“Algebra angered me, opera sickened me,
查理·卓比林就是骗子
“Charlie Chaplin was a fake