大卫 我们不是向你们索取什么
David, we are not asking for anything.
欧洲已经是我们的了 我们随时都可以进入大不列颠
Europe is ours. We can walk into Britain whenever we like.
如果你认为我们打算把宝押在希♥特♥勒♥的保证上
If you think we’re going to gamble on Herr Hitler’s guarantees,
那你就犯了个大错误了
you’re making a grave mistake.
在英国待了那么些年 看来你还是不明白
All those years in England seem to have left you none the wiser.
我们不是容易吓倒的
We’re not easily frightened.
而且 我们也知道军队要跨越海峡有多困难
Also, we know how hard it is for an army to cross the Channel.
最近一次想这么做的那个下士(拿破仑)后来还不是遭到惨败
The last little corporal who tried came a cropper.
所以别威胁我们 也别发号♥施令 除非你们哪一天进军到伦敦
So don’t threaten or dictate to us until you’re marching up Whitehall.
而且即使那时我们也不会投降
And even then, we won’t listen.
嗨 希♥特♥勒♥
Heil Hitler.
真是不可原谅
It’s unforgivable.
我发火了
I lost my temper.
令人抓狂的是 他是对的
The maddening thing is that he’s right.
我们还没准备好 我们孤立无援
We’re not ready, we’re on our own,
我们在浪费时间
and we’ve been playing for time.
而且时间就快用完了
And it’s running out.
1940年6月
JUNE 1940
狗♥娘♥养♥的
Silly bitch!
他又在叫你了 哈罗德
He’s calling you names again, Arnold.
我花了一星期时间为她和孩子在乡下安排好住宿
I spent half a week settling her and the kids in the country,
然而现在 她说我真烦人
and now, “I’m bored,” she says.
你们这些精英中的一员 不放下起落架就想降落了
One of your elite, trying to land without wheels.
他在跳舞呢
Boomps- a- daisy!
足够让你伤心一阵了
It’s enough to make you weep.
欢迎回来 长官
And welcome home, sir.
起落架控制杆有点卡住了 是吗 长官
Undercarriage lever a bit sticky, was it, sir?
是的 事实上 是这样的
Well, yes, as a matter of fact, it was.
好吧 如果是你 长官 我是不会告诉指挥官的
Well, I wouldn’t tell the C.O. that, sir, not if I were you.
你能教
You can teach
猴子都比这开得好
Monkeys to fly better than that.
我非常抱歉 长官 不会再发生了
I’m terribly sorry about that, sir. It won’t happen again.
把衣服穿着吧 孩子
Keep your jacket on, boy.
追击训练你做过几小时了 西蒙
How many hours have you done in Spits, Simon?
追击训练 长官 10个半小时
On Spits, sir? Ten and a half.
我们把它加到11小时
Well, make it 11,
在杰瑞让你吃早饭前
before Jerry has you for breakfast.
小鸡要给老鹰点颜色看看了
Spring chicken to shitehawk in one easy lesson.
这里是野兔长机 听见我说话了吗
This is Rabbit Leader. Are you receiving me?
是的 野兔长机 红色3号♥ 听得非常清楚
Hello, Rabbit Leader. Red Three answering. Receiving you loud and clear.
好的 我将试图盯住你的机尾
Right. I’ll try and get on your tail,
我要你做出躲闪动作 明白吗
and I want you to take evasive action. Understood?
好的 野兔长机 红色3号♥ 明白
Hello, Rabbit Leader. Red Three answering. Understood.
你好 野兔长机
Hello, Rabbit Leader.
我以为你会从太阳的方向过来
I thought you might come in from the sun.
别以为 要看仔细 瞧
Don’t think. Don’t just glance, look!
你得寻找到该死的敌人
Search for the bastards!
永远不要笔直飞 否则你一定会完蛋的
And never fly in a straight line, or you’re a dead duck.
长官
Sir.
现在 我们再试一次
Now let’s try it again.
或者 换句话说 考虑到不知我们究竟从何处起飞
Or, in other words, beware of the Hun in the sun,
是什么他们自己最清楚了
who, for reasons best known to himself,
他们把攻击仅仅局限于我们的海岸护卫队
has confined his recent attacks to our Channel convoys.
然而 这不会一直持续下去
However, this won’t last forever.
但是他给了我们机会重新集结
But it has given us a chance
训练出像你们一样的人
to pull ourselves together and to train people like you.
作为空战航管员 你们将加入一个部门
Now, as fighter controllers, you’ll be joining an organization
当然 谢天谢地 这个部门并不是昨天才匆匆建立起来的
which, thank the good Lord, was not rushed up hastily yesterday.
当敌人到来时将给他们致命一击
It’ll be a pain in the neck to the enemy when he comes.
这是我们的王牌
It’s the joker up our sleeves.
看 皇家空军结构图标明了他们所处的位置
Now, the RDF chain shows us where they are.
信息传送到分区指挥部 分区集结必要的飞行中队
The information is passed to Group. Group scrambles the necessary squadrons,
然后 作为防区级别的你们 引导我们的飞行员进行拦截
and you, at Sector level, guide our chaps to the interception.
这一切都进行过试验和测试 非常有效
It’s been tried and tested. It works.
所以自己做得不够好 就不要指责是这个系统的责任
So don’t blame the system if you’re no good.
那么 很明显 11大队将负责战区正面的防守
Now, clearly, 11 Group here will bear the brunt of the battle,
其中在座的诸位将意识到这一任务的艰巨性
as those of you who are posted there will find out, to your discomfort.
12大队是我们的第二道防线
Twelve Group is our second line of defense,
保护英格兰中北部的工业区
and covers the industrial Midlands and the North.
13大队负责东北部直到苏格兰
Thirteen Group, Scotland and the Northeast,
然后是第10大队负责英格兰西部
and 10 Group, the west of England.
将近一半的战斗机中队
More than half the Fighter Command squadrons
将隶属于这儿的第11大队
are stationed here at 11 Group,
靠近入侵点的海岸
near the coast, where we expect the invasion,
还可以保护伦敦
and also able to protect London,
这里是有护航的轰炸机 能够到达的最远端了
which is as far as the bombers can get with fighter escort.
但是我想战术问题还是留给将军们去考虑吧
But I think we can leave strategy to those with egg on their hats.
立正
Stand at attention!
先生们 来检阅的将军到了
Gentlemen, the Inspector General is here.
这里请
This way.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我亲爱的战士们 你们都好吗
My dear Foehn, how are you?
是的 很好 谢谢您 将军
Fine, thanks, General.
-弗尔克呢 -谢谢您 将军
– Falke? – Thanks, General.
请允许我介绍我的弟弟汉斯 长官
May I introduce my brother, sir?
也许是另一个王牌战斗机飞行员
Another fighter ace?
如果我有机会战斗的话 将军
When I get the chance, sir.
我们借来了这个
We have borrowed this.
-多佛 -多佛
– Dover? – Dover.
那些桅杆是他们的无线电测向器
Those masts are their radio direction finders?
他们的秘密武器
England’s secret weapon.
在敦刻尔克我们俘获了一些
Which we captured at Dunkirk.
我们的斯图卡俯冲轰炸机会收拾他们的
Our Stukas can deal with them.
但是 将军 为什么呢
Excuse me, General, but why?
如果他们知道我们要来 那不是更好吗
If they know we’re coming, so much the better.
我们就不必到处去找他们了
Just what we want.
飞行员士气高涨
The men are in excellent spirits.
我看得很清楚
I can see that for myself!
我只是想说我们不该等太久
I just mean that we shouldn’t wait too long.
事情发生的比你想得要快
It may happen sooner than you think.
请吧 先生们
Please, gentlemen.
-来 弗尔克 -谢谢 将军
– Come, Falke. – Thank you, General.
我们能够喘口气实在是太幸运了
This delay is an incredible piece of luck.
我的意思是 他们横扫法国之后 居然就停下来了
I mean, they roll up France, and then stop.
他们本可以马上进攻我们的
They could have gone right on.
你知道 我们最近的情报显示
You know, our latest intelligence
希♥特♥勒♥先生正在法国观光呢
is that Herr Hitler is sightseeing in France.
天气是相当不错啊
It is rather pleasant weather.
不 我不是这个意思 他是在度假
No, I mean it! He’s on holiday.
我不是在发牢骚 部长
I’m not complaining, Minister.
不 不 说认真的 道丁
No, no, no, seriously, Dowding.
士气的因素是很重要的 我星期一碰到毕布鲁克了
The morale factor is vital. I saw Beaverbrook on Monday.
他正打算每星期能够尽量提供100名飞行员
Now, he’s going to be able to deliver as many as 100 fighters a week.
然后 在会见你之后 我希望能够回去对内阁说
Well, after seeing you, I want to be able to go back to the Cabinet
你和我一样有信心
and tell them that you’re as confident as I am.
该死 我说伙计 我们有650架飞机
Damn it, man, we’ve got 650 planes!
他们有2500架 不是吗
And they have 2,500 aircraft, haven’t they?
是啊
Oh, yeah.
他们不会一下子飞过来
But they won’t all come over at once.
而且我们有雷达 邱吉尔对雷达很有信心
And we have radar. Churchill puts great faith in radar.
雷达固然重要 但是它不能把飞机打下来
It’s vital. But it won’t shoot down aircraft.
我不得不说 你完全没有表现出乐观的情绪
I must say, you don’t exactly exude a spirit of optimism.
上帝保佑 我们会守住的 部长
God willing, we will hold out, Minister.
我明白了 那我就对内阁说你信任雷达 同时也祈祷上帝
I see. So I tell the Cabinet that you’re trusting in radar and praying to God.
是吗
Is that right?
换一种说法似乎更准确
More accurate the other way round.
我信任上帝 同时也祈祷雷达
I’m trusting in God and praying for radar.
但是最基本的算术道理是 我们的年轻人
But the essential arithmetic is that our young men
得去击落他们的年轻人 这个比例是4比1
will have to shoot down their young men at the rate of four to one
当然这假设还建立在我们旗鼓相当的基础上
if we’re to keep pace at all.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!