Jesus. W.P.?
天啊,讨.P . ?
I beg your pardon?
能再说一次吗?
W.P. Mayhew? The writer?
讨.P.梅修?作家?
Just Bill, please.
叫我比尔就行了
Bill!
比尔
You’re the finest novelist of our time.
你是这个时代最出色的小说家
Why, thankyou, son. How kind.
是吗?多谢美言
My God.
我的天
I had no idea you were in Hollywood.
我不知道你来了好莱坞
All of us undomesticated writers
梁鹜不训的作家最终都会 被吸引到这块盐碱地里来
eventually make our way out here
to the great salt lick.
That’s probably why
所以我总是干渴之极
I always have such a powerful thirst.
A little social lubricant, Mr. Fink?
要不要来点润滑剂,芬克先生?
No. It’s a little early for me.
不用了,我刚喝过一点
Bill…
比尔…
ifl’m imposing, you should say so.
如果给你添麻烦了,你就直说
I know you’re very busy.
我知道你非常忙
I just wanted to ask… you a favor.
我只是想请你帮个忙
Have you ever written a wrestling picture?
你写过关于摔跤的剧本吗?
You are drippin’, sir.
你的手在滴水,先生
They have not invented a genre of picture
这世界上还没有比尔·梅修 从未涉及的电影类型
that Bill Mayhew has not at one time or other
been invited to assay.
没错,摔跤片我写过
Yes, I’ve taken my stab at the wrestling form,
as I have stabbed at so many others.
我写过的电影类型多不胜数
Well, how doyou-
那么,你如何一
I gatheryou’re a freshman here,
我推断你是个菜鸟
eager for an upperclassman’s counsel.
非常渴望老手的指点
However, just at the moment
可惜我刚喝了酒
I have drinking to do.
Why don’t you stop by my bungalow, number 15,
你可以下午光临寒舍,巧号♥房♥
later on this afternoon?
我们一起讨论一下摔跤片 以及其他话题
We will discuss wrestling scenarios
and other things literary.
[Mayhew]Sons of bitches!
狗♥娘♥养♥的
[Mayhew]Sons of bitches!
狗♥娘♥养♥的
Where’s honey?
宝贝在哪?
Huh?
Honey!
宝贝
Where’s my honey?
我的宝贝在哪?
The water’s lapping upon me, honey!
水溅到我身上了,宝贝
Honey, just stop it.
宝贝,住手
[Wailing]
I can’t. I’m trying to helpyou.
不行,我正在帮你
Ohh!
Can I helpyou?
什么事?
I’m sorry. I-Where
对不起,我一
are you, damn it?
你在哪?
My name is Fink.
我叫芬克
Bill asked me to drop by this afternoon.
比尔让我下午过来找他
Is he, uh…
是他吗?
Honey!
宝贝
in?
在里面?
000h!
Mr. Mayhew is indisposed at the moment.
梅修先生这会不舒服
Where’s my honey?
我的宝贝在哪?
Is he, uh…
是他吗?
Honey!
宝贝
Is he okay?
他没事吧?
He’ll be fine.
他会好的
Mr. Fink, I’m Audrey Taylor,
芬克,我是奥黛丽·泰勒
Mr. Mayhew’s personal secretary.
梅修先生的私人秘书
Where’s my honey?
我的宝贝呢?
I know this all must sound horrid.
我知道听起来挺可怕的
I really do apologize.
真的很抱歉
Where are you, damn it?
你在哪?
When he can’t write, he drinks.
他一写不出东西就要酗酒
It’s so embarrassing.
真的好难堪
How about you? Will you be all right?
你呢?没事吧?
I’ll be fine.
我会好的
Are you a writer, Mr. Fink?
你是编剧吗?芬克先生?
Yes. I’m working on a wrestling–
我的,我正在写关于摔跤一
Please call me Barton.
请叫我巴顿
I’ll tell Bill you dropped by.
我会告诉比尔你来过了
I’m sure he’ll want to reschedule your appointment.
他应该会换个时间约你
Perhaps you and I can get together at some point also.
从某种角度来说 也许我和你是一致的
Sorry if that sounds abrupt.
抱歉我说话唐突
I just…
我只是…
I–I don’t know anyone here in town.
我在此举目无亲
Perhaps the three of us, Mr. Fink.
也许我们三个都是这样,芬克先生
Please. Barton.
请叫我巴顿
Barton.
巴顿
You see, Barton,
你知道,巴顿
I’m not just Bill’s secretary.
我不仅是比尔的秘书
Bill and I are…
我们俩相爱了
in love.
[Clank]
Where’s my honey?
我的宝贝呢?
Look, I know this must look–
我知道这个样子挺一
[Sobbing]
funny.
滑稽的
Bastard-ass sons of bitches!
狗♥娘♥养♥的
I’m sorry.
对不起
Please don’t judge us, Mr. Fink.
请别妄自推测,芬克先生
Where’s that woman?
那个女人去哪了?
Bastard-ass sons of bitches!
狗♥娘♥养♥的
The water’s lapping up!
水泼出来了
Oh, honey!
宝贝
[Sexual Moaning]
Oh…
Oh…
Oh…
Oh…
Ah…
Oh…
Oh…
Oh…
Ah…
Howdy, neighbor.
你好,邻居
Charlie. How areyou?
查理,你好
Oh,jesus, I hope I’m not interrupting you again.
希望没妨碍你
Heard you walking around in here.
我听见你走来走去
Figured I’d drop by.
于是我就过来坐坐
Yeah. Come on in. Have a seat.
进来,坐吧
I haven’t really gotten started yet.
我还没开始工作
What happened to your ear?
你的耳朵怎么了?
Oh, yeah. An ear infection.
一种耳病
Chronic thing.
慢性病
Goes away for a while, then it comes back.
时好时坏的
I got cotton in it to staunch the pus.
我塞了棉花以免流脓
别担心,不会传染的
Don’t worry. It’s not contagious.
看过医生没有?
You seen a doctor?
What’s he going to tell me?
医生能怎么样?
Can’t trade my head for a new one.
又不能给我换个新头
I guess you’re stuck with the one you got.
我估计你就会一直忍♥着
I’d invite you to my place,
我该邀请你到我那坐坐的
but it’s a goddamn mess.
可我那乱七八糟的
You married, Bart?
结婚了吗?
No.
没有
I myself have yet to be lassoed.
我也是个王老五
Hey, Bart.
巴特
Ouch.
Got a sweetheart?
有情人吗?
No.
没有
I guess it’s something about my work.
可能是因为工作原因
I get so worked up over it.
我一心扑在工作上
I don’t have much attention left over,
没有精力作其他事
so it would be a little…unfair.
可能有点不公平
Yeah. Ladies do ask for attention.
女人都是需要呵护的
In my experience, they pretend to give it,
以我的经验,女人总是假装不要
but it’s generally a smoke screen
其实都是玩欲擒故纵的把戏